1.1.5c Has Introduced New Vampiric and Shield Microtransactions!

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:
reference model for the Vampire helm

I think the current pricing schema is fine, as part of their appeal to me is the exclusivity.

That being said, I'm all for GGG releasing even more MTX at a different {read: lower} price point to allow those of more limited means to also contribute and have the ability to customize their avatar's looks.

Of course, this leads into the conundrum of how to create and price items across the board without making certain effects seem 'cheap' (besides the literal cost) and retain the value (uniqueness/elite nature) of those that are at the premium end of the cost spectrum...

I think the weapon category provides an excellent spread of costs. From the simple crimson at 35 to acid at 55 and necrotic/verdant at 85 up to infernal at 280. The effects reflect their pricing well and they're all well done.

So you think a flame effect is worth $30? It's overpriced shit they're releasing on a consistent basis because they know full well the gullible fan-base would rather melt there own eyes out than admit anything GGG does is wrong. Playing you so easily and you can't see it lol.
"
Peenk wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

I think the current pricing schema is fine, as part of their appeal to me is the exclusivity.

That being said, I'm all for GGG releasing even more MTX at a different {read: lower} price point to allow those of more limited means to also contribute and have the ability to customize their avatar's looks.

Of course, this leads into the conundrum of how to create and price items across the board without making certain effects seem 'cheap' (besides the literal cost) and retain the value (uniqueness/elite nature) of those that are at the premium end of the cost spectrum...

I think the weapon category provides an excellent spread of costs. From the simple crimson at 35 to acid at 55 and necrotic/verdant at 85 up to infernal at 280. The effects reflect their pricing well and they're all well done.

So you think a flame effect is worth $30? It's overpriced shit they're releasing on a consistent basis because they know full well the gullible fan-base would rather melt there own eyes out than admit anything GGG does is wrong. Playing you so easily and you can't see it lol.

I didn't say I think it's reasonable, I said there's a good spread and the pricing scales with the effect. I never buy any of the MTXs on anything other than the daily deal, simply because I don't think it's worth full price. Some I have never bought, even on the deal, and infernal is actually one of those.

But to someone like Garrot who is enticed by the high price tag in terms of that limiting the pool of buyers, clearly there is an appeal and it's working for GGG. I think they've gotten away from bringing about a good range of prices like they have in the weapon effects category.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Garr0t wrote:

I actually agree that the current pricing is fine, even though I said it was too expensive for me in a previous post, otherwise everyone would be walking around with the same MTXs. Also, I actually work in marketing IRL and I know from experience that it is very difficult to revisit pricing once it has been established and communicated to an audience. If you change prices too soon or too late, you're bound to make a lot of people unhappy.

I'd say, maintain the current pricing strategy, but as the cosmetics team cranks up more and more aesthetics perhaps lowering the price of the old ones could open them up to a new audience (such as myself), while keeping the most recent ones at a premium.

One other possibility would be to create some low-to-medium priced armor sets that would simply not be as exclusive as the premium ones. Making them "look cheap" might not be necessary, as long as it takes less time or effort to create them. People will (I assume) still pay the premium price for the exclusivity alone, since beauty by itself is highly subjective.

For instance, even though the current Champion supporter pack is cheaper than the Conqueror pack, I prefer the portal effect of the Champion pack myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info