1.1.5c Has Introduced New Vampiric and Shield Microtransactions!

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Hubologist wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
And I've spent my share of money on PoE, so it's not like I'm a cheapstake. I just don't want to be treated like an idiot.

To an extent, this is how I feel regarding PoE's MTXs.

I love the game, and obviously it's free; that shouldn't even be part of the argument. I've supported GGG within my means in the past, and bought a few MTXs that I considered to be cool and affordable.

But 36 USD for one skin set completely shatters my "willing suspension of money-saving". Not only do I find the price extremely high by itself, it almost makes me consider whether I should even buy the other, cheaper MTXs at all. It has a kind of eye-opening effect on me, making me think "Woah this is going too far, I better just save my monies for other stuff".

I feel that as the price of any single MTX approaches the price of one, fully fledged, potentially AAA, game (or several other good quality indie games), it triggers some negative psychological response in me, resulting in the withholding of my wallet.

Then again, I understand that these skin sets are probably just not marketed for the likes of me.

It's just that, deep inside, I want to participate in the pointless character beautification game, but these prices are simply prohibitive for me.

P.S.: Pants.

I think this is well said, and I definitely would spend more if I got more "bang for my buck" as it were.

Ditto on the overpriced, despite the set savings on bundled purchase. It'd be more suitable at US$20/25 price bracket, for cosmetics. Kindly reconsider visiting the prices GGG. Thanks (^_−)−☆
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
That armour just looks wrong, the helm its like from a voltron episode.
Was looking forward for some vampiric effect to complement te weapon and footprints( more in the art style of the demon wings), but this...maybe it was just a bad day.
Wont mention the shields...
Woud really loved to see something with more invention.
But what do i know, keep them coming.
ing: mater_suspiriorum_pl
New armor set not bad, buuut me no like :)

Gold Shield best for my "Serath Set" and i'm buying it! :P
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
not too sure about that helmet
i <3 minesweeper
"
FaceLicker wrote:
The shields are kinda meh.. I like the vampiric set but that helm definitely needs to be revised. It looks like Batman and Catwoman had a baby and then let the Joker dress it up. The 'ear' portion is just so cheesy and terrible, well the whole thing is really.

GGG, I understand there's a demand for new mtx's and I appreciate the pace at which you guys are pumping them out but I'd rather you guys take a little longer and improve the quality. Don't just rush these things out for the sake of making money.

Makes sense to me, and to everyone else it seems. It is indeed a bit out of place.(っ゚Д゚;)っ
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael