Dominion's Hardcore Dual-Spark CI Witch - UPDATED for 1.0.1

I would like to know what's your dps of your totem. I also aimed to play a ES/CI style witch but since I was afraid of the lack of dps so I invest some in the fire damage to max. dps on my fireball+LMP+fast casting+life leech. But when My level goes up to 68 lv, my ES shield is just about 2200 after discipline is used. I am struggling how my passive tree goes on. Do you think how I should invest to reach CI or not to do it to keep max. dps? My passive tree is posted below. Wait for your reply. gl in HC.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBUIHYwx9DkgPxBB_ES8RUBGWGmwfAiepKU8qjSycNsU22DrYO-FBlkbXRwZJG03YVytdxl3yX2ptGXBScNV65n1Tfll_xoFvghCCHoKbh2WIG4hCiGuLeow2jHaP-peFnC2dY52unjyio6SxpwinK66zr7e1BLb3uJO71sBRwcXB88ae1HzYJNvn37Di9-OE5CLljuaB52rsGOw47FXvhfFs8h0=
IGN: MrFusing (main) // BU_Vincent
My Luxury Shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/132969
My Mega Selling Shop :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/315122/page/1
Have you tried shock nova totems.. If so had did it go in comparison to spork totems?

thanks for input.. will be checking up on this post.. ty again.
Hello nice guide thx for sharring to us.
Can i ask you why do you have the same gems in the gloves too? no reason or?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Thanks for sharing your build. I really want to adapt it for use with ice spear totems, but I'm worried that I'll have to sacrifice too much. Without shock stacking, or a bunch of extra crit passives, they won't be as effective or freezing often enough to make them worth the switch. Do you think there's any way to get the utility that ice spear provides (freeze/chill) into this setup without sacrificing too much damage? I know it can't be as simple as swapping your lightning passives for cold ones.

I was thinking of linking Added Lightning Damage and getting chance to shock once I find a good 5L, but I'm still unsure if the whole concept will pan out. Going to give it a shot - any input you (or anyone else) might have on it would be much appreciated. I know there's an ice spear thread around, but this build seems far better suited for HC play.
Could you please redo the lv70 passive tree? Right now it's the same as the lv60. Thanks
BTW how do you get 146 Dex for Baer Trap? I counted your gear and passive tree and it doesn't add up as much.
Strange, Ages did not change this Place
Last edited by Clark on Feb 9, 2013, 8:09:48 PM
"
Clark wrote:
Could you please redo the lv70 passive tree? Right now it's the same as the lv60. Thanks
BTW how do you get 146 Dex for Baer Trap? I counted your gear and passive tree and it doesn't add up as much.

You missed some school math lessons.
74 dex from passive and 74 dex (28 belt + 19 amulet + 27 dex ring) from items = 148 dex at all
How are you getting your dex for leveling bear trap / faster projectiles, etc, early on. If I did this build I'd probably grab a +30 dex node asap, since eventually you'll need them anyway.
Thanks for keeping a witch in the top :) It's a very good survival build. If I were you I'd miss the huge crits and specific caster DPS stuff, but your witch is alive and that's all that counts.
placeholder for creative sig
First of all, thanks for sharing your build and congrats on your ladder so far :) I did some Theory-crafting myself to adjust your build to Ice Spear Totems (after I read some Threats about dual Ice Spear Totems). To counter the lower dmg from Ice Spear, I tried to make a crit build with chance to shock. This is what I came up with:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0BbwL-BUIHYwx9EH8RLxFQEZYUsBZAFr8W8xdQHNwdFCY8KU8snCynLL8tRy-dNAo5UjowOtg74TyOQZZCw0NjTC1NQU3YTm1OulBCVytXyVgHWPVZ81orWmtd8l8qZp5nvW0ZcFJw1XFNdFV1inzOfll_xoIQgh6ESIV9h9uIQow2jHaPRprPm6Gdo53Eo_KnCKcrrJius7b6tzG4k7vWvDe8ecAawcXB88Ntxp7Q0NQF2t3fhN-w4vfjVuTr5oHrY-vk6-7sGOw47m_yHfPq99f60vyr
I would add Lightning dmg to my Totems for shock. With this I would get 315% crit chance from Passives and with 3 Power Charges I'd end up with 465%. So theoretically my Ice Spear 2nd Form would crit 82% of the time (without Gear just Passives) math:
Spoiler
Ice Spear Crit chance 2nd Form: 7% * 600% = 42%
Ice Spear crit chance with Passives: 7%*(1+315%)+42% = 71%
Ice Spear crit chance with Passives and 3 Power Charges: 7%*(1+465%)+ 42% = 82%
It should be possible to get as close as 95% crit cap (you could supstitute Power Siphon with 2 80% spell crit Daggers [Am I right that Power Siphon only works with Wands and not Daggers?])... Curses would be Elemental Weakness + Frostbite mainly (-80% Cold resist and -40% Lightning resist) Single Target dmg would be Beartraps.
This isn't supposed to be a hardcore build because you wouldn't have any means of defence like zombies or frostwall but with perma crit it should be possible to freeze the whole screen ^^ Any thoughts/suggestions for the build? I'm quite new to this game and I was wondering if someone tried something similar and if it worked?^^ I recon this would require high end gear to work...
And another question does the Passive "add 1 to maximum Power Charges" mean that I could get 4 so 200% crit chance or is 150% the cap?
Six link hey? May I ask how many fusing that took and how many mirrors have been used on it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info