[1.2.X Guide] Mollari's Molten Strike Bino's Crit Dagger 155k/222k Tooltip DPS! - *With Atziri*

Having a great time with this build. I'm the guy who modified things for more block at the cost of some damage (page 4) and it is working pretty well. I wanted to give you an update.

I tried Aegis with Determination/Hatred with some reservation nodes and find that ditching Aegis and Determination for Crest, Purity of Elements, and Tempest Shield has let me put on better jewelry and allowed me to get better life. I'm still transitioning to a different chest, as I don't need the insane armor anymore from my crafted 6L, but I think I'd like to try Lightning Coil 6L to help deal with the Abyssus penalty next.

The first couple moments after I whirl into a pack can be a pain; I'm using a high level self-cast Immortal Call to help with this for the tougher enemies.

Corrupting blood is really nasty as the Molten strike balls will continue to hit them quite a long time after I cease attacking. This has probably been my number one thing to be vigilant about, even more so than reflect or lightning thorns.

I'm not having any trouble running on mana with only really the 2% mana leech on 29% of my mana remaining. I used a low level clarity while leveling before I took all the crit nodes, and that worked fine until my damage was leech viable.

Map mods that have been giving me trouble are 50% regen, Ele Reflect, and Vuln. The regen map makes sense, but I was not really expecting it to be quite so bad. Because I rely on mana, it is effectively unrunnable without a Clarity buddy (fortunately easy to find). I'll try replacing Added Fire and see how it goes; seems like it should fix it, but I hate swapping gems. Vuln was not something I was expecting trouble with, but IC has helped and I think Lightning Coil will make it much better.

I've pointed some people here from reddit and will continue to recommend it. Thanks again.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Jul 23, 2014, 5:47:53 PM
"
SirDragos wrote:
I tried Aegis with Determination/Hatred with some reservation nodes and find that ditching Aegis and Determination for Crest, Purity of Elements, and Tempest Shield has let me put on better jewelry and allowed me to get better life. I'm still transitioning to a different chest, as I don't need the insane armor anymore from my crafted 6L, but I think I'd like to try Lightning Coil 6L to help deal with the Abyssus penalty next.

Deternmination wouldn't be beneficial unless you had like 10k+ base armor. You would be better off going the IR by dropping some crit nodes and running Grace instead of Determination. Determination is armor % based and wouldn't benefit you much as even with a 2k armor chest and 2k armmor shield you would not have high enough armor for it to trump Grace with IR. Lightning Coil might be tough because resists on none uniques is already pretty stretched but with the right gear you could probably pull it off.

"
SirDragos wrote:
Corrupting blood is really nasty as the Molten strike balls will continue to hit them quite a long time after I cease attacking. This has probably been my number one thing to be vigilant about, even more so than reflect or lightning thorns.

I am assuming you are running a Seething Hallowed Staunching flask which will give you 3 charges for bleed removal. You could also include more bleed removal on a granite flask if needed. I have never had any more trouble with Corrupting Blood then I have with any other character. Smart flask usage easily negates the bleed.

"
SirDragos wrote:
Map mods that have been giving me trouble are 50% regen, Ele Reflect, and Vuln. The regen map makes sense, but I was not really expecting it to be quite so bad. Because I rely on mana, it is effectively unrunnable without a Clarity buddy (fortunately easy to find). I'll try replacing Added Fire and see how it goes; seems like it should fix it, but I hate swapping gems. Vuln was not something I was expecting trouble with, but IC has helped and I think Lightning Coil will make it much better.

Running on mana will cause a little more problems with regen mods but like you said, Life Gain on Hit should solve problems for things like Vulnerability and Elemental Reflect if you are having problems on them.

"
SirDragos wrote:
I've pointed some people here from reddit and will continue to recommend it. Thanks again.

Appreciate it! If you have any other questions feel free to ask away!

IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
"
MollariGaming wrote:
"
hey mollari, last week i tried to make my first run for atziri with this build. I got killed by her, when she changed herself into her mirrored form at second time. maybe you can make some videos about running of atziri?

the gears i am using atm:
Spoiler

my passive tree (little different from your tree):

tyvm for this cool build ^^ and gl

Glad you liked the build! I have gone and created a walkthrough for this build through killing the bosses in normal Apex. I have edited the guide to include this information and the video can be found directly at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-_NQmEPY4Q. If you still have questions let me know!

ty for updating video

I think i still have a question about death rush ring.

are you only using that ring for more life leech and buffs of onslaught (20% increased attack- and run speed)? I think a rare ring with crit chance / elemental damage / life / all resist could be better than death rush ring...

Trading still sucks
Last edited by Hynova on Jul 24, 2014, 5:40:50 AM
"

ty for updating video

I think i still have a question about death rush ring.

are you only using that ring for more life leech and buffs of onslaught (20% increased attack- and run speed)? I think a rare ring with crit chance / elemental damage / life / all resist could be better than death rush ring...

The death rush helps when moving between packs, extra dps, leech, and has high chaos res to allow for minimal life degen from Blood Rage. If you are setup where the Blood Rage degen doesn't affect you much then you could switch that out. Currently I feel the degen would hurt me too much so the chaos res, coupled with the nice onslaught buff, accuracy, and leech make it the best choice for my exact setup. You could definitely do with out though, it would just probably require some extra chaos res somewhere.
Last edited by MollariGaming on Jul 24, 2014, 5:50:29 AM
Hi,

Using your build and it's hella fun! :) I'm playing as a Shadow (level 80), I did grab a couple of aura nodes but that's because I'm trying the auras with Empower.
Anyways, I'm also using a Daresso's Salute amulet. I think that it goes very well as it has +60% dmg, movement spd on full life & good resists. Have you considered that amulet?

I also went full acro with Atziri's boots but I'm just playing about now to see what works the best for me as I'm a bit less agile because of an injury.

Thank you for sharing your build..!
I've had several problems with this build/my version of it, and realizing that everyone has their own gear and experiences, I'll just tell you how it went with me.

1. At level 67, my Molten Strike gem is capped at level 14 because I don't have enough strength on my gear to push it higher. You can't get enough strength from the passive tree, so you will face this problem if you run this build. I think to fix this problem I will try the build (or something like it) using the Templar start (which BTW gets the molten strike gem very early as a quest reward while the Ranger does not).

2. The author doesn't use auras. I detoured to get the reduced mana auras above the Ranger start.

3. The Bino's dagger is very expensive, and it is relatively rare so it goes for 10 Ex +. At level 67 I have about hit a wall trying to get a Bino's or a Dagger with better than 150 DPS physical damage (I have about 2Ex of gear in the one month race). So my tooltip damage is now capped at 7500 DPS with Hatred.

4. I should also mention that some daggers also require 130+ inteligence. This also becomes another balancing factor and while you might think it's easy to just get another 40 or 50 intelligence or strength on your gear, it becomes a competitor to trying to obtain high life, damage, and resistances.

All in all, I would have to conclude that this is a very gear dependent build that should not be used as a first build in any league, as you may not have the currency to get the gear to support the build. New league characters would probably be better off using the Templar start - this would solve the problem of getting a molten strike gem and the strength to support it.

These are my experiences, and if you have better drops than I did, you could have a different experience.

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Jul 24, 2014, 7:32:31 AM
"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
I've had several problems with this build/my version of it, and realizing that everyone has their own gear and experiences, I'll just tell you how it went with me.

1. At level 67, my Molten Strike gem is capped at level 14 because I don't have enough strength on my gear to push it higher. You can't get enough strength from the passive tree, so you will face this problem if you run this build. I think to fix this problem I will try the build (or something like it) using the Templar start (which BTW gets the molten strike gem very early as a quest reward while the Ranger does not).

2. The author doesn't use auras. I detoured to get the reduced mana auras above the Ranger start.

3. The Bino's dagger is very expensive, and it is relatively rare so it goes for 10 Ex +. At level 67 I have about hit a wall trying to get a Bino's or a Dagger with better than 150 DPS physical damage (I have about 2Ex of gear in the one month race). So my tooltip damage is now capped at 7500 DPS with Hatred.

4. I should also mention that some daggers also require 130+ inteligence. This also becomes another balancing factor and while you might think it's easy to just get another 40 or 50 intelligence or strength on your gear, it becomes a competitor to trying to obtain high life, damage, and resistances.

All in all, I would have to conclude that this is a very gear dependent build that should not be used as a first build in any league, as you may not have the currency to get the gear to support the build. New league characters would probably be better off using the Templar start - this would solve the problem of getting a molten strike gem and the strength to support it.

These are my experiences, and if you have better drops than I did, you could have a different experience.

Are you even using the same build that is in the original post? I am not sure if this is a troll or serious but here goes.

1. There is 134 strength in the tree. That along with the minimum of 20 all stats on the Abyssus (required level 60) helm will allow you to run a level 20 Molten Strike. The templar start would not work as it is on the COMPLETE opposite side of the tree and would cost way to many travel points. You also mention int as a problem....good thing there is an amulet that can roll implicit str + int both over what you need if this helm is something that you need to pick up down the line. The lioneye's boots also give a good chunk of strength and can be used to level with.

2. I run 3 auras (did you even read the thread?). Hatred, Purity of Elements, and Vitality all without any reduced aura reservation nodes and just by using a Reduced Mana gem. If you do not run Blood Magic on Molten Strike then you will have to drop one of the 40% auras to have enough mana to support Molten Strike.

3. The title of this thread and guide includes the name Bino's. It specifically states that this build is built around this dagger. If you chose to use another dagger, that is fine but you will have to make some gearing choices to reflect that.

4. The tree gives you 94 int and the bare minimum stat roll on Abyssus will give you another 20 to keep you at 114 int. The absolute max int you would need would be 149 which means after Abyssus, you would need 35 int. Easily obtainable on 1 item (amulet or ring). Also keep in mind that you can spend 1 point to pick up a 30 int node with the way the tree is setup which would eliminate your need for int outside of using platinum kris and demon dagger bases.

I was very specific in the gearing section about which items were needed and which could be traded out. If these items are unobtainable for you then I apologize but I was very specific in the gearing section. Starting Templar would not fix anything. I am sorry the build didn't work the way you envisioned it but all of the problems you ran into were all documented in the guide. Best of luck to you.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by MollariGaming on Jul 24, 2014, 8:40:19 AM
I appreciate your timely response.

I was pointing out my experience with the build and not trying to criticize your explanation.

Missed the part where you are running auras w/o aura nodes. This wouldn't have made any difference in my build except if I could use two auras (which wasn't possible) it would have saved me some skill points. Besides running Blood magic without the Bino's would probably be a quick death.

I chose to use a BoR instead of an Abysuss because I couldn't find/buy a 5L or better chest armor I wanted to use. I don't expect you to fix any of the problems I had, I'm just pointing things out. Sure I could rework my gear to find some more strength and intell, but again that requires choices.

Yes you are very clear on needing a Bino's dagger and I wouldn't have attempted the build in a 1 month league if I remembered what a PITA it is to come up with 10EX or more by level 66. Again this was my problem and not a deficiency in your guide.

A High DPS Molten Strike build is doable without the Bino's from the Templar side and is much easier to level than your build

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Jul 25, 2014, 7:10:56 AM
"
Skywalkerfx wrote:

A High DPS Molten Strike build is doable without the Bino's from the Templar side and is much easier to level than your build - litesabr's [Ambush] Molten Strike Dual Wield [300k DPS] - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/936769.

I'm glad you like your build and have it working with your gear. It just isn't easy to use skills and gear that are not part of the Ranger's forte for someone starting a new character.

Many times you read these builds and wonder if I tried this or that, maybe I could make it work for me. This build doesn't lend itself to many changes and I thought I would point that out to others that may be considering a go at it.

I disagree with this. You've said that it's difficult to gear and level this build, but you've also referenced another build that utilizes uniques which require level 60, 64, and 75, respectively - a pair of which must come from Atziri and none of which are inexpensive.

Secondly - use the attribute nodes. When you no longer need them, use respec points.
"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
I appreciate your timely response.

I was pointing out my experience with the build and not trying to criticize your explanation.

Missed the part where you are running auras w/o aura nodes. This wouldn't have made any difference in my build except if I could use two auras (which wasn't possible) it would have saved me some skill points. Besides running Blood magic without the Bino's would probably be a quick death.

I chose to use a BoR instead of an Abysuss because I couldn't find/buy a 5L or better chest armor I wanted to use. I don't expect you to fix any of the problems I had, I'm just pointing things out. Sure I could rework my gear to find some more strength and intell, but again that requires choices.

Yes you are very clear on needing a Bino's dagger and I wouldn't have attempted the build in a 1 month league if I remembered what a PITA it is to come up with 10EX or more by level 66. Again this was my problem and not a deficiency in your guide.

A High DPS Molten Strike build is doable without the Bino's from the Templar side and is much easier to level than your build - litesabr's [Ambush] Molten Strike Dual Wield [300k DPS] - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/936769.

I'm glad you like your build and have it working with your gear. It just isn't easy to use skills and gear that are not part of the Ranger's forte for someone starting a new character.

Many times you read these builds and wonder if I tried this or that, maybe I could make it work for me. This build doesn't lend itself to many changes and I thought I would point that out to others that may be considering a go at it.

Best of Luck to you also

I will just assume that your whole deal was to link to another build to try to get it some more views. The build you linked has 83 int but uses an aura that requires 151 (Wrath) so you would be forced to get up to 68 int from gear alone (one of your gripes with my build which doesn't require nearly that much external stats). The cost of a Doryani's weapon is currently the same as Bino's (using 1 month) but that build requires 2 of them. Also, arguably harder to obtain as they only drop from Atziri. The points you tried to make about my build are magnified in the build you linked so I am only going to assume it was just to try to point people in that direction. How sad.

-----------------------

"
RunPuppet wrote:
Hi,

Using your build and it's hella fun! :) I'm playing as a Shadow (level 80), I did grab a couple of aura nodes but that's because I'm trying the auras with Empower.
Anyways, I'm also using a Daresso's Salute amulet. I think that it goes very well as it has +60% dmg, movement spd on full life & good resists. Have you considered that amulet?

I also went full acro with Atziri's boots but I'm just playing about now to see what works the best for me as I'm a bit less agile because of an injury.

Thank you for sharing your build..!

The Daresso's Salute only gives the bonus damage on full life. If you are even missing 1 point of life none of those stats come into play. the +2 range is decent but that is the only statis buff you will gain. I would go with a rare amulet over that one 100% of the time. The amulet I am wearing I found and it has no DPS stats. It is just too good not to wear. You would be better off with an rare amulet.
Last edited by MollariGaming on Jul 25, 2014, 1:55:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info