[1.2.X Guide] Mollari's Molten Strike Bino's Crit Dagger 155k/222k Tooltip DPS! - *With Atziri*

"
rickykidd wrote:
thx reply, now i think i need more survivability to higher map (over 75+),
now , i post some spec as below, i open two arua Purity of Elements and Haste
and now i use 5R1G (fast attack more good)
the spec
Spoiler

Def

Attack no ball

Attack 5 blue ball

the passtive

I am assuming you are also keep Blood Rage up (with quality for extra life leech) as well which will gain you Frenzy charges and up your damage. It also looks like your accuracy is quite low. (mine is 86% chance to hit versus your 78%. Chance to hit will increase your survivability (more hits = more leech) so look for getting some accuracy on possibly rings/amulet.

I have also noticed that most of your gems are level 18 and without quality on them. Having each of your gems gain 2 levels will be a huge DPS increase and when you get them 20Q it will add a ton more damage. It looks like you have a solid start just have to get the gems leveled and some accuracy and you will be good to go. Again, if you are having a lot of problems in higher level maps switch in a Life Gain on Hit gem for Added Fire and it should help a lot.

The spec looks solid and I would recommend the next level picking up the 8% attack speed at the ranger start. That will be the best 1 point DPS gain you will have in the tree by far.
IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
Hey Mollari, was curious about Death Rush ring vs a good 30% WED ring with some damage on it? Like you said attack speed on your 6L was the least damaging stat, so im curious how it stacks up vs WED.

Thanks
"
TehFog wrote:
Hey Mollari, was curious about Death Rush ring vs a good 30% WED ring with some damage on it? Like you said attack speed on your 6L was the least damaging stat, so im curious how it stacks up vs WED.

Thanks

The Death Rush ends up giving me more damage but you can get pretty close with a very solidly rolled rare ring. I imagine a mirror worthy ring giving more a bit damage but cannot test this. I really like the synergy between Bino's and Death Rush that keeps me moving between packs quickly.

The best rings I had access to (that I could find in my 123981398123 standard tabs) was like 30% wed with a phys roll and another 30% wed with a few medium rolled fire/lightning rolls on it. Both were about a 7-8k dps loss over the Death Rush. With a ring with solid rolls and accuracy you would be just fine but probably lower dps.
"
MollariGaming wrote:
"
TehFog wrote:

Thanks

The Death Rush ends up giving me more damage but you can get pretty close with a very solidly rolled rare ring. I imagine a mirror worthy ring giving more a bit damage but cannot test this. I really like the synergy between Bino's and Death Rush that keeps me moving between packs quickly.

The best rings I had access to (that I could find in my 123981398123 standard tabs) was like 30% wed with a phys roll and another 30% wed with a few medium rolled fire/lightning rolls on it. Both were about a 7-8k dps loss over the Death Rush. With a ring with solid rolls and accuracy you would be just fine but probably lower dps.

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply I'll grab a death rush since they are cheaper than most WED rings anyways.

Cheers mate.
I'm currently leveling my mara, but a friend who's seen this page has suggested this bino's build for the shadow I used when I first played POE and took it to level 77 before abandoning - I still have all the respec points available for it from 1.2.

I've acquired some decent gear along the way for my marauder, and other than the obvious purchase of a bino's was wondering how much of the gear from the mara I could transfer across while maintaining the basic integrity of the design, the Lightning Coil chest piece being one example? (I include the Catalyst just to show the skill gems within)

Last edited by timbo1959 on Sep 22, 2014, 1:36:32 PM
"
timbo1959 wrote:
I'm currently leveling my mara, but a friend who's seen this page has suggested this bino's build for the shadow I used when I first played POE and took it to level 77 before abandoning - I still have all the respec points available for it from 1.2.

I've acquired some decent gear along the way for my marauder, and other than the obvious purchase of a bino's was wondering how much of the gear from the mara I could transfer across while maintaining the basic integrity of the design, the Lightning Coil chest piece being one example? (I include the Catalyst just to show the skill gems within)

If you want to min/max on the DPS (which is what this build was created around) then there really isn't much there you can use. You can make a solid Molten Strike character using most of that gear but if you are looking to push the DPS to the next level, the build requires quite a few specialized uniques which you do not have on that list. Completely up to you though, if you have any other questions let me know!
Hey guys, just wondering what you think of my variant on this build using IR instead of acrobatics. Without ondar's guile or spell block, acrobatics does not make sense to me. You have no defense against physical spells whatsoever, and mediocre defense against physical attacks (low block and no ondar's); this does not cut it for a melee character in my opinion.

My variant will have slightly less life, but more block, more damage and attack speed, and more life regeneration, and of course, armor instead of evasion. The only downside I can see is having high dexterity doesn't make sense with IR. But I still think my variant might be better. Please let me know what you think!

"
Largefarva wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering what you think of my variant on this build using IR instead of acrobatics. Without ondar's guile or spell block, acrobatics does not make sense to me. You have no defense against physical spells whatsoever, and mediocre defense against physical attacks (low block and no ondar's); this does not cut it for a melee character in my opinion.

My variant will have slightly less life, but more block, more damage and attack speed, and more life regeneration, and of course, armor instead of evasion. The only downside I can see is having high dexterity doesn't make sense with IR. But I still think my variant might be better. Please let me know what you think!

You have 100% defense against physical spells. It is called moving and you take 0 damage or if you're lazy you just stand in it and let Bino's regen outheal it. 40% chance to dodge a physical attack is greater reduction in physical attacks versus an extra 6% chance to block. While separate rolls the outcome of each is 0 damage to the character. I will take a 40% chance to take 0 damage over 6% chance to take 0 damage.

You are also dropping like 25% life on a lower life build (due to uniques required) which I do not recommend. Binos regen to do the actual regening of your life so the 1% extra from your variation doesn't help too much.

You would be looking at like 3.5k-4kish armor at best with IR (again due to uniques required). Which is pretty low and not really worth the loss of about 18% chance to evade. I just don't see how 4kish and 6% block armor would ever be better than 40% chance to dodge, 30% spell dodge, 18% (my exact gear) chance to evade. Makes no sense to me.

Also the melee physical damage nodes near the Duelist start do not add to the projectile damage.

IMO if you feel you want to ramp up the damage, take the original build and take out some life, toss it into damage and I think your character would be better off than your variation. Good luck though and I hope it works out for you.
Last edited by MollariGaming on Sep 24, 2014, 8:34:47 PM
Tyvm for the thorough reply.
I neglected to mention that I would be wearing alpha's howl instead of abyssus, and running grace instead of purity. So I would have a lot more than 3-4k armor.
My goal is dying less. I might take just as much damage overall, or maybe a little more, but it would be more consistent, and I'd have little to no chance of getting 1 shotted.

Thanks for the tip about the duelist melee physical nodes not helping projectile dmg. Missed that.
Also, question: do nodes that say "physical damage with X-handed melee weapons" affect molten strike's projectiles directly (thereby double dipping)? Or is it only the physical nodes that do not specify melee at all, that do this? Thanks.
Last edited by Largefarva on Sep 25, 2014, 1:53:49 AM
"
Largefarva wrote:
Tyvm for the thorough reply.
I neglected to mention that I would be wearing alpha's howl instead of abyssus, and running grace instead of purity. So I would have a lot more than 3-4k armor.
My goal is dying less. I might take just as much damage overall, or maybe a little more, but it would be more consistent, and I'd have little to no chance of getting 1 shotted.

Thanks for the tip about the duelist melee physical nodes not helping projectile dmg. Missed that.
Also, question: do nodes that say "physical damage with X-handed melee weapons" affect molten strike's projectiles directly (thereby double dipping)? Or is it only the physical nodes that do not specify melee at all, that do this? Thanks.

Alpha's Howl will basically be the same armor as Abyssus with IR but will cost you an insane amount of dps (mine comes out to like 50k dps but will change depending on your gear). By losing so much damage your Bino's Regen will also take a huge hit as it scales with damage.

Any nodes that specifically say "melee phsycial damage" will apply only to the melee portion. This is why even though the Melee Physical Damage support gem gives solid tooltip DPS, it is skipped for gems that affect both the melee portion and the projectiles.

You also will be losing 25 to all stats. This means your strength/int will be very low and you will need to make that up on gear or through the tree. Binos requires 117 int (you have 70 in tree) so you will need an addition 47 int, and Molten Strike requires 151 str (you have 80 in the tree) so you will need an additional 71. The Abyssus also came in handy with the all stats as is saved you a few points in the tree picking up straight + stat nodes.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info