Update on Expansion Development Timeline

I think its pretty terrible that the 1 month "downtime" is placed in the period where most people have their vaccation, including me. I'd rather they extend the 4 month leagues tbh...
"
Zapeto wrote:
I think its pretty terrible that the 1 month "downtime" is placed in the period where most people have their vaccation, including me. I'd rather they extend the 4 month leagues tbh...

yeah me too
i planned my vacation for late july - in expectation that the new leagues start then :(
"
rossidis wrote:
how big can act3 get really?
diablo 2's normal-nightmare-hell worked because you could be rushed past it.

playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

I disagree.

1.) New content is always good, it means new areas, new monsters, new challenges = more variety = more fun.

2.) The addition to act 3 really made the leveling experience smooth.

Before all the additions to act 3 there was a huge difficulty and lack of gear wall between normal act 3 and cruel act 1 and of course also with merciless act 1.
You were underleveled and undergeared.

All the additions to act 3 fixed that, you no longer need to farm that much, you can just play through the act and will be well enough leveled and geared now.
The transititon between acts was fixed by that.

Of course strongboxes and stuff help a lot too with the gearing up.

Personally i would like to see a addition to act 2 or a entirely new act, but either way im looking forward to it.

Im really having fun with this game since i started playing again some weeks ago, you actually made me spent money again because of that.

Good job! :>

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
PLease make the one month league ambush/invasion one.
in 1 hand, after playing several hardcore/normal leagues for the past 2 years, the need for new content begins to arise more fiercely; putting aside vaal areas and atziri, the only introduction to new areas we've seen was past Imperial Gardens. Even tho, there's also a few high end-game maps to add onto that update group, it feels somewhat lesser.

on the 2nd hand, I do understand great things do not appear without the proper effort, will n' luck; and altough I've been waiting for an Act 4 for almost a year now, I won't mind wait another. Knowing it's going to live up with GGG expectations and become the best Act in ARPG history.

tho, to be honest;
I do not really see myself finding the guts to go through another n' another build over n' over the same end areas.
From my point of view, Act IV seems the priority right now, forget everything n' everyone else; New leagues -altough utterly important- are not enough, keeping a new player interested for 1/2 months is different than maintaining the attention for older players.
I realize it's not somewhat fair, when players do enjoy n' play 2 much, ending up using all resources in way before the expected schedule.
Also, thank you GGG, for ur sincerity n' transparency.

to say the last, PoE has the potential to become the best game in mmo history, i guess i was just waiting for the fourth act to freely say u've surpassed our old friend :)
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
Chris wrote:
"
rossidis wrote:
playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

I agree. We're not extending Act 3 though.

What an awesome response, Chris <3
[Standard]Maria_TheVirginWitch
[Breach]Silmeria_Valkyrie
Will we get quests that gives us more skill points? I.E increasing the cap to for example 126 points?
"
GingerBeast wrote:
The only hope I have for the new expansion is that the content is not locked behind several layers of RNG.

Make it absurdly hard, make it not worth trying because of RNG based gear drops from the boss in combination with the difficulty, whatever. Just please, please, please make it so that everyone can at least experience it.

I would much rather get to the see the content that you guys have worked so hard on and realize that I have no hope of ever beating the final boss, than simply never even know what the content is at all.

Amen.
GGG fanboy
Will the Vaal expansion be deleted if the new exp. will launch... Better do yourself no senseless pressure with the timeline...

better look at the quality of the patches, then if its fast in time.. It takes what it takes..
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Jun 13, 2014, 5:49:32 AM
Thanks for the updates, it's really appreciated.
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info