Two-week Race Infographic

...like we needed a closeup of Atziri boobs...

Anyway, I had fun during this race, too. I got my first invasion char to 48 before it died a while back, so I sort of knew the deal (he was FB/SB). Went into this race without trying to go SB but rather just Flameblast, but then I found a Searing Touch at level 42...

Truth be told, I stopped playing at level 50 (yay, I'm a spike! Honestly though, my standard char was more fun at that point) and donated my Searing Touch to the guy I had played with the entire time and who ripped shortly after I went off that day. He proceeded to win a seraph set with that Searin Bond char :D

The infographic is nice, I'm both surprised and not surprised that molten strike made #1 skill. Seeing the HUGE amount of dead chars < 6 tells us how many players had close to no HC/Invasion experience, and therefore likely clung to the BOTW. Honestly, I'm not sure if even remotely as many people would've started duelist (do these pie charts include dead chars?) if it wasn't the "recommended" class for that build. Good job faking that class balance GGG :D

Keystones surprised me, too, with Ancestral Bond being #5. On the other hand, that's just 1k chars (almost the same for Iron Grip), barely 2.7k chars had IR. Would really be interesting to know how many living chars there were at the end (and above what level).

Come to think of it, I might find myself processing that chars/level chart. Hm. Lemme see...
Last edited by MauranKilom on May 31, 2014, 1:19:39 PM
"
Hojirozame wrote:
Cheers for the info!

Any way/chance of seeing what caused the most deaths? Like a certain invader/map boss/strongbox affix?

FRACTURE
Pretty sure corpse explosion got quite a few people. Like that weird crab invader (first time I saw him, left me with like 2% HP when we killed him).

And that poor guy (previously) in the top 20 that leap slammed away from a corpse exploding strongbox. Into a room full of corpses.
YES!!!! I havent even read it yet, but I just want to say thank you.

I love these infographics. I'm an analytic type, and I love reviewing the numbers. It helps me understand the game so much better, trending skills/builds, etc, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

You guys should share this information through the 4-month Leagues etc.
I will say there's a huge skew of alive characters around the range of levels 19-50, as opposed to the high level characters.

So when we look at one of the stats like "top 5 skills/passives/vaal skills used by players that are alive", it doesn't really tell us much.

If there are thousands of level 25 characters that acheieved a certain level for a chance at one of the rewards, and then gave up, and they were using Molten Strike (the most popular skill by ALIVE characters)....then so what.

I feel this "top skills" category should have been narrowed down, not by alive players, but by players over 80.

That would have given us a much better insight into the statistics around what is trending and what is popular amongst the most active of all PoE players. A good example of this is the statistics shown: Most popular classes over 80. Okay, we can see that those that made it to 80+, were predominately Witch, Templar, and Marauder. That gives us some interesting insight, and gets us, the player, thinking about what is over on that side of the passive tree, what type of build could they have been achieving for, was it life versus es, spells versus attacks, etc.

Just my two cents ;)
"
t_golgari wrote:
Congratz on 49.

No, seriously. Most of the players that are in this forum (which is a minuscle part of the actual player base) are hardcore players (hardcore in time devoted to PoE) and cannot grasp how many players play like 2-4 hours a week or something. They aren't what you would consider "good" at this game, but they have their share of fun in it. And the game needs that!

You're very kind, but I play a lot more than 2-4 hours a week. :)

I think the reason that I think of myself as "casual" even though I've put hundreds of hours into this game is that I don't give too much of a shit about theorycrafting, trading (I play solo or with a friend), futzing with the "perfect build", snapshotting (seriously, exploit aside, WHO has the TIME?), or staring at twitch.tv for 116 hours in a row hoping that maybe I'll catch one good moment. I just like to kill stuff! I may not be the most efficient racer and I may not have the world's best build, but I have fun killing stuff, dammit!
"Come to me, exile. Let us speak of death and desync."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info