I love these things. Thanks GGG!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
MoonLayHidden wrote:
I'd like to second the request for information about who killed the largest number of characters in the race. I'm especially curious about how many were killed by boxes vs. bosses vs. yellows vs. swarms.

As for me, I lost my ranger at 49 (49! DAMMIT!) to Haviri the Metalsmith in a corrupted area that didn't seem all that dangerous going in, and I will mourn her FOREVER. I know to all you V. Srs players 49 may seem like a joke, but that's the highest I've ever gotten in hardcore and I was sort of stupidly proud of myself.

Congratz on 49.

No, seriously. Most of the players that are in this forum (which is a minuscle part of the actual player base) are hardcore players (hardcore in time devoted to PoE) and cannot grasp how many players play like 2-4 hours a week or something. They aren't what you would consider "good" at this game, but they have their share of fun in it. And the game needs that!

Amen.

Make that a double :)
The most interesting observation from the information in the 2 week race is the duelist and shadow, when compared to the other classes transitioning from lvl 60 to 80, had significant drop offs (around 30%). With the exception of the Scion who also decreased by around 10%, the rest had positive increases. One possible reason is that most people who chose these 2 classes only intended to reach the lvl 65 prize threshold, but I think this is stretch.

A more likely cause is for whatever reason the duelist and shadow have an increased difficulty spike in this 20 skill point spread (by this point you should be in merciless and running maps) when compared to the rest of the classes. From a duelist standpoint I can see this being true because if you are a duelist, more than likely you are doing melee build and melee builds struggle more than other builds in these levels. Defensively the duelist is pretty strong, but the lack of dps scaling from lvling a gem hurts melee builds in this level bracket. More so in short races (1-2 weeks) where good gear is not as readily available.

The general positioning of the duelist on the skill tree makes it difficult for him to venture into a none melee build or in a sense pigeon holes him more into certain build types when compared to other builds. A similar argument could be made for the marauder but he is better positioned in the skill tree which allows him have a more diverse viable build pool.

As for the shadow, I am not sure because I haven’t played that class, but I could see survivability issues in regards to damage mitigation (lack of armor, distance traveled for significant/sufficient life passives).

Writing this I think it would be interesting to have a gem that scaled the implicit base damage for melee based weapons (it would have brackets at each lvl) based on the gem lvl (similar to empower, only 4 lvls, but applied to the implicit base damage of the weapon).

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on May 30, 2014, 6:43:32 PM
Awesome Infographics :)

There's some nice info there, Duelist is the less used and has the least survival rate.
The First graph (level and class) show us that all the classes are evenly picked, but the second and third show a considerable relation between (top-left skill tree) and (survival).

Oddly enough the most used Keystone is Iron Reflexes (Bottom-Right). So why the Top-Left classes have more survival than the bottom-right, if the second ones have IR closer to them?

Its like the top-left is far better than bottom-right that they can even afford to 'lose' some skill points to get IR.

I hope GGG study this info more deeply to get to the source of this weird case.
Wow this is great to see. As I expected, the duelist is pretty much the least played class. Maybe he needs some buffs? Or a new skill to come out that is most obvious to use with him. I personally like the duelist for melee builds most. But most of the other skills I know of that came out, work much better with other classes.
"
Chris wrote:
"
weibomiao wrote:
first

"
Wraeklops wrote:
second???

"
lc3m4n wrote:

I was first, you guys were #2-4.

Btw, we're going to start enforcing the rule that people have to actually reply with content rather than just a number. Please say what you think about the post rather than just celebrating that you saw it before everyone else :)

Shaved head attitude! Very nice. ;-)~

Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on May 30, 2014, 9:55:49 PM
Wow awesome job on this guys, looks nice ! :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
I got two things after seeing this:

1) What the hell is that insane amount of lvl 1-5 chars ?? Bots? Mules?

2) I knew it all along, 40% of the time spent in this game ppl sit in towns...
If we had a auction house system for practical trading, this idle amount would be only around 15% or less.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
kuraijavi wrote:
Awesome Infographics :)

There's some nice info there, Duelist is the less used and has the least survival rate.
The First graph (level and class) show us that all the classes are evenly picked, but the second and third show a considerable relation between (top-left skill tree) and (survival).

Oddly enough the most used Keystone is Iron Reflexes (Bottom-Right). So why the Top-Left classes have more survival than the bottom-right, if the second ones have IR closer to them?

Its like the top-left is far better than bottom-right that they can even afford to 'lose' some skill points to get IR.

I hope GGG study this info more deeply to get to the source of this weird case.

That's a really good question, I didn't see that deduction!

I think it has to do with the following: Duelist and Ranger have nice starting areas, and they have nice nodes around them for damage, but to get to 6k life you have to get out of your way and travel a lot. This makes it hard to use points on damage/keystone passives you might want.

And without a lot of life in the mid 60ish levels (that's when the problem is the most prominent on my chars) IR actually is bad, so when these players took IR, they are more likely to die.

I'd really like to see a little buff to existing, or one or two extra life nodes especially for rangers, maybe in a remiote area where other classes won't get to easily (far left for ranger, the regen nodes for Duelist eg.) But as I said, in the end the tree is quite good atm, so no big changes needed really.
Last edited by t_golgari on May 31, 2014, 2:25:02 AM
Interesting info on PVPenis (0.01% lol) and the time spent idle in town. All that effort trading!
BLAMT!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info