1.1.4 Patch Notes

Any reason why using mortal pieces in the lab doesn't result in mortal pieces from the corrupted area? I just ran several and got vaal gems and a sacrifice at noon....

Ugh, you're going ahead with the stupidly short RNG-fest signature race after all... There goes my interest in season 8. The rest of the changes sound fine, I guess, but I'll be taking a hiatus until there's a signature race that isn't a worse version of the worst race type :/
very nice for duel wield!!!
"
very nice for duel wield!!!

You mean very nice for dual strike and cleave? Considering the fact that dual strike still does 20% more dps than the next highest dps skill (heavy strike) and cleave does 20% more damage while dual wielding, there's still no reason to use any other skill while dual wielding.
Fixed a bug where character audio looped in character creation.

Finally. I thought this was intentional but I can't count how many times I had to hear my guy yap while trying to decide on a character name that wasn't taken.

Starting to wonder what kind of builds can compliment flame surge well. I'm thinking CoDT linked to flamesurge while using molten shell would be quite interesting. Will be keeping an eye out for builds with this.

Dual wield changes seem out of place, aren't most dual strike/blocking builds already able to easily clear maps? From what I remember even early game the damage is great.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
I absolutely love the changes in this patch! Well done. Keep em' coming.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on May 29, 2014, 12:49:22 AM
"
whoismiked wrote:
The armor penalty change doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have the exact same movement speed as before.

same
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.4:
This change was made as the Suffering mod inhibited hybrid life/ES builds from being played. This is a style of defence we would like to see used as an option, however this one map mod was very punitive to this style of play. This map mod also overstressed the requirement for a base amount of life regeneration, which is not equally available to all classes.

We have made changes to dual wielding to improve it. Dual wielding was weaker than the alternatives of using a shield or a two-handed weapon (which received improvements as part of 1.1.0). We want dual wielding builds to be as viable as other build types.

Yeah, ok... i've tried to play at least 6 different ranger builds and none of them are viable for high end maps 70+. My first summoner was boring but ok. My second melee char kicks some serious ass. Just wondering if you're ever going to bring the ranger/duelist archer classes in line and make them viable to play also? My SP char is at least twice as powerful as my highest archer char or at least he feels that way. No chance to move up with my rangers :-(
Last edited by greatwhitepine on May 29, 2014, 1:04:32 AM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
galarak wrote:
i get a big error saying could not overwrite actual patch thingy -___________________-

Hi Galarak,

Could you please check your Path Of Exile game folder to see if you have a file named PathofExile.tmp?

If so, I recommend renaming your PathofExile.exe to something like PathofExile_old.exe and renaming PathOfExile.tmp to PathOfExile.exe

If that doesn't help please contact us at support@grindinggear.com or post in our technical and account support subforum and we'll try to assist you further.

Mine got to 100% and then opened an error window, I closed the client, when I reopened the client it downloaded another 9Mb and then started just fine.

Anyway I read the patch notes, ran off and killed Piety and she dropped:

Probably my best drop in 4 or 5 weeks. Coincidence, probably but here's hoping it's a sign of things to come!
Thank you! I really love my new Shavs!
Spoiler
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Last edited by Pibadi on May 29, 2014, 1:09:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info