1.1.4 Patch Notes

"
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.4:
This change was made as the Suffering mod inhibited hybrid life/ES builds from being played. This is a style of defence we would like to see used as an option, however this one map mod was very punitive to this style of play. This map mod also overstressed the requirement for a base amount of life regeneration, which is not equally available to all classes.

We have made changes to dual wielding to improve it. Dual wielding was weaker than the alternatives of using a shield or a two-handed weapon (which received improvements as part of 1.1.0). We want dual wielding builds to be as viable as other build types.

Yeah, ok... i've tried to play at least 6 different ranger builds and none of them are viable for high end maps 70+. My first summoner was boring but ok. My second melee char kicks some serious ass. Just wondering if you're ever going to bring the ranger/duelist archer classes in line and make them viable to play also? My SP char is at least twice as powerful as my highest archer char or at least he feels that way. No chance to move up with my rangers :-(

That's not been my experience, my ranger is currently my highest level and strongest char, I thoroughly enjoy playing a bow a ranger. Been playing level 75+ maps with ease.
"
If you use all four fragments, they must be in the correct arrangement for creating Atziri's area.

so what is the correct order? suddenly losing atziri runs due to botched change is rather idiotic I must say.
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.4:
This change was made as the Suffering mod inhibited hybrid life/ES builds from being played. This is a style of defence we would like to see used as an option, however this one map mod was very punitive to this style of play. This map mod also overstressed the requirement for a base amount of life regeneration, which is not equally available to all classes.

We have made changes to dual wielding to improve it. Dual wielding was weaker than the alternatives of using a shield or a two-handed weapon (which received improvements as part of 1.1.0). We want dual wielding builds to be as viable as other build types.

Yeah, ok... i've tried to play at least 6 different ranger builds and none of them are viable for high end maps 70+. My first summoner was boring but ok. My second melee char kicks some serious ass. Just wondering if you're ever going to bring the ranger/duelist archer classes in line and make them viable to play also? My SP char is at least twice as powerful as my highest archer char or at least he feels that way. No chance to move up with my rangers :-(

That's not been my experience, my ranger is currently my highest level and strongest char, I thoroughly enjoy playing a bow a ranger. Been playing level 75+ maps with ease.

Well, I've tried a lot of different builds with no go at all and i have good gear to boot.
"
kehlarn wrote:
"
If you use all four fragments, they must be in the correct arrangement for creating Atziri's area.

so what is the correct order? suddenly losing atziri runs due to botched change is rather idiotic I must say.

You won't lose them if in the incorrect order, they just won't work.

"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
plz elobrate on the vaal map fragments? currently when you have vaal map fragments added to another map you get a bonus to that map? is this still in effect?

what happens if you put 2 or more vaal map fragments in at the same time? do you get 2 porals to 2 different side areas?

so if you have all 4 map fragments and you stick them in the map maker in the wrong order what happens then?

These generated vaal area's will have vaal loot at the end right? so this is just another chance for people to get a midnight fragment?

Don't suppose its possible to works some recipe so that the created vaal area's will have a lvl higher then 66 (I assume that's the lvl they'll be since that's the lvl of the lab)

^^ This

...and, do particular fragments allow for particular corrupted areas? Do corrupted areas evoked through the eternal lab count towards the challenge?

Please elaborate on how fragments work in the lab. I don't have enough to waste them experimenting.
Lovin' it!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
Qarl wrote:
"
kehlarn wrote:
"

You won't lose them if in the incorrect order, they just won't work.

so what is the point of having an order at all then?

at first it reads like you tried to make an incentive for 2-3 fragments to boost the odds of drops vs using 1 fragment but now I don't know what the intent of that wording was supposed to be.

if anything it would have been nice to require a vaal gem in the elab to spawn more portals and reserve the fragments for the vaal orb recipe as it seems the odds of gem drops is through the roof now and avoid devaluing vaal orbs and fragments. meh
Sounds great!
"Embrace the darkness"
about the dual wield "improvements":

where would someone who is new to the game find the +20% phys dam to dual wielding noted?

Why couldn't just some of the dual wielding skill nodes be buffed instead of adding such an overall buff?

why only phys dam improved?

general issues:

why hasen't the minimap ben improved and a gazillion of other things mentioned in several excellent feedback threads? just one example here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307

rather disappointing patch again imho. I see mostly window dressing...a sham.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on May 29, 2014, 3:44:12 AM
Changes and new content look great and microtransactions even more so. Great work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info