Build of the Week Seasons

Listing of the Build of the Weeks featured by GGG and made by players. If you have links to awesome build threads please link them here or PM them to me to be added to the bottom. Especially in-expensive builds that are new player friendly.

*Some of the Season one builds will have changed a bit based on game changes but still have many, many helpful hints and ideas for current game play. With tweaks most are still viable.

Direct link to GGG's Youtube channel, follow for immediate notification when they post new videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/grindinggear

Guides are linked on the youtube comments to the thread here on the forums for each of them.

Build of the Week Season 1:

Build of the Week Season 2:

New Player Friendly Builds
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Aug 15, 2014, 7:45:10 AM
I smell, a fan!

:D

<.< First!

Edit : oh man that season one BotW, such nostalgia :O! Much amazement,
wow the game has evolved.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 26, 2014, 10:00:08 PM
"
peachii wrote:

New Player Friendly Builds

awesome work, peachii.

I'd like to contribute this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/948143

this needs to be a sticky thread in Gameplay Discussion.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 13, 2014, 2:51:45 AM
I'd like to link my Glacial Hammer build.

Its a medium-budget build that I could afford as my second Ambush character off a level 72 heavy strike marauder.

There's a few reasons I think it would make a good build of the week candidate:
-It uses a lot of SotV-specific content, all of which is fairly accessible (corrupts on cheap items, no uber-atziri items).

-at least one corruption is rare enough that you will have to craft it yourself, which while time consuming and somewhat bothersome, was overall a fun experience.

-It directly benefits from the dual wielding changes and was one of the builds targeted by the changes in my opinion. Before you could have gone shield if you wanted to, but now you really want to dual wield.

-Its really visceral and fun to see the screen explode in ice chunks, and the build is capable of doing most high-level maps (though some bosses are dangerous)

But I guess I'm a little biased for my build.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
bump
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Thanks, I'll get these edited in soon.

Really appreciate any and all builds being pointed out for new players. The learning curve is steep when brand new so learning how to use Blood Magic, Low life, EB, MoM, and all the other keystones and play styles is hugely helpful when coming from a players point of view with tips and tricks.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

When is a new vid coming?
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Please PM build thread suggestions to me when and if you suggest them in this thread. Health issues have kept me from being able to post as frequently as I normally do but always check my messages a couple times a day. :)

I'll start a new current category with this B/R seasons threads when I find some appropriate ones.

Thanks.
—Leo Buscaglia

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info