Horrific's (Ron___Burgundy) Animate Weapon Two Week Charity Event Build

As requested, here is a short version of my two week race build.

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBkkIZwx9DkgQfxGWFSAWbxcvGDwZhRmGGYoabBqPHNwdqh6UI_YkPCSqJLAnqSj6KaUqTSqYLOkvbzbpPI4_J0WdRnFJUUp9SshOKlXGVdZW-lfJWkhabVqRW69irGTnZ6BqrGwWb55wu3qqf8aApILHgwmD24bRh3aIQI9GkDOTJ5M6muCbtZ2qna6mrKcIp1yofaw_rEe0DLiTvSfDOsaeykrOcc9l0NDT-9ad2QvZE9xX3Q3hiONq6rrrLOvu7g7v8PPd9tr56PqA-tL7CfxL_MX-SV-YWW0dvqKjwfOCHtsLmK0=

Leveling - if you want to level with animate weapon, don't. Pick something easy to level with, here its all about preference. Flameblast, searing bond, whatever you are comfortable with. Animate weapon isn't really viable before maps. The large amount of white weapon drops within maps are what make it more user friendly.

Gem levels are a must - All of your dps comes from auras, so make sure you level them early. Animate weapon level also determines the level of weapons you can animate, so make sure this is leveled early as well.

EB is used in this version of the build because of the lack of gear in a two week race, but the build doesn't require it. Elemental equilibrium was also used in the build but not necessary for solo play.

Links
Spoiler

5-link: Animate weapon, Weapon elemental damage, multistrike, Melee splash, increased duration 6link*faster attacks

Reduced mana, wrath, anger, grace
Raise zombie, minion life, multistrike, faster attacks
Reduced mana, Haste, rejuvenation totem
Increased duration, vaal haste, flesh offering, convocation
cold snap, desecrate, ele weakness

Flesh offering and vaal haste are your friend, try to keep 100% uptime on flesh offering and use vaal haste for hard rares or boss mobs.

Starting a map is pretty slow unless you bring a few weapons with you to drop and animate. This is the major downfall of the build, but is easily worked around with group members.

You basically want to kill a few mobs, then start summoning every white weapon you see. You should have between 10-20 weapons animated at all times, depending on how lazy you want to be. After you have a small army its just about moving around the map, keeping up flesh offering, and directing your minions with cold snap / rejuv totem.

I'm sure mistakes were made but let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by horrific on Jun 3, 2014, 1:17:03 AM
Gratz for the top 5 in the 2 week race and being featured in the build of the week episode.

A truly unique build. I won't try this now since I just leveled a character and I can't go through the same pain again but I will definitely give it a shot on my next one.
I am offline or not responding in game ??? PM me.
IGN: Xasiklis

Proud developer of PoE - Multitool. Check thread #957878 for more info.
My item shop #136792
would a minion damage gem be useful to replace melee splash? just curious.
His damage comes from spreading the flat ele dmg
Minion dmg just gives insignificant single target
exactly , since most of the dmg is by auras , melee splash wont be 100% effective wont it?
What about a low-life version of this build? Any point in that? (besides the xtra auras you can run)

I've got this and been looking for either an Animator or Dominating Blow guide.

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
The build was made specifically for the two week race, with an emphasis on low cost gear. I'm sure a low life version would work, but completely unnecessary.
"
Aposperite wrote:
Gratz for the top 5 in the 2 week race and being featured in the build of the week episode.

A truly unique build. I won't try this now since I just leveled a character and I can't go through the same pain again but I will definitely give it a shot on my next one.

yes a great build indeed, but sry to mention this,not unique, there are at least 2 builds arround, one which is Colby CheeZes'. even i did a pretty successfull one in nem without flesh/bone offering and tried to do one in 2 week as a skullhead/necro aegis version before i heared about this one. ripped just when i started mapping o_O

but kudos to bringen it so far horrific whish i had time to play more and see how it is in high lvl maps
If it's not too much trouble would you mind posting your gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info