Pulp's - Rank 1 - 2 week race Detonate Dead Witch!

www.twitch.tv/TeddyNL

i do not take any credit for ''inventing dd'' because this is a silly arguement i just put my spin on it

Im not very good at making guides so hope this will answer some of your questions if not feel free to ask em on stream or in here

The way Detonate Dead works to my understanding is you do 18% of the monsters health in fire damage and because i use chance to ignite and other things to increase that percentage of causing an ignite 9/10 times i will burn the mobs after i DD them that ignite will get proliferated with the gem Elemental Proliferation
because i have so much added elemental damage / fire damage and increased burn damage combined with double curse and elemental equilibrium this resulted in a very strong character

Alright guys ill do my best to explain how i did things and why i chose to do it that way lets start with the leveling from scratch since alot of people asked, you cant really use Detonate Dead to lvl with because mobs dont have alot of life yet
thats why i chose to level with Flameblast this spell is very strong low level and does not reqruire much if any gear to make it work this is preferance ofcourse you can lvl anyway you like and transition into DD when you reach maps

this is how roughly how i did it during the 2 week race

Bandits Help oak on normal, kill cruel and merc bandits

lvl 1-30 ish

lvl 30-60

This is the tree when i transitioned into detonate dead at arround lvl 70

Here is the current tree

Why does reflect not damage me?

simple my artic armour is lvl 25 (lvl 3 empower in +1 wep and 21 artic armour) and i have 85-92 fire resist depending on Purity setup

Also common sense, do not detonate a boss in a reflect map or a rare with a HUGE life pool this will result in foetal position for the next 5 minuts

What kind of gear do you want?

supreme truth is very good because it has 40% ele dmg and the 5% exp is a nice bonus but you could use any other wep that has elemental damage/fire damage aswell
Doryani's Catalyst being Best in Slot ofcourse
I will probably end up buying doryani's invitation aswell the belt from atziri for the 1% leech with fire dmg

Last edited by Pulpfictionz on May 29, 2014, 10:34:51 AM
Interesting build... Gibbing stuff in a 3 man party, looks like it works :D

Rise of phoenix + AA + MoM is enough to heavily mitigate ele reflect i assume?
Dont feel a thing from reflect even rock golems in 78 maps
How did u leveled, flameblast? How many levels till u changed to DD?
any chance you could post a rough leveling guide? not sure which direction to go at various points while leveling.

build looks fun I've never played a witch before. thanks for posting this
It seems Pulp take this build (w/ minor changes) to Frite : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806773
wouldn't this be better?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDkgRlhJpFE0VIBZvFxwXLxjbGYUabBzcHpQkPCSqJpUnqSj6KaUqTSzpLUcvbzWSNuk8BTyOPydBh0WdRtdJUUp9SshOKlBCUq9VS1XGVdZXyVptW69dxmKsZOdnoGwWbqpwu3F5dPF6qn_GgKSCHoLHgziD24Uyh3aI8YuMjDaPRpMnmuCdqp2un9-iAKKjpLGnCKdcrD-tSrQMtDi1BLXytz64k8HzzSbOcc9l0NDWndkT2wvcV90N4XPjauQi5Rnljuq66-7tIO988B_56PrS-_X8S_zF_go=
fractured devourer:
http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

@ScionLeTard @Tardesis
I am in no shape an expert on the build (doing a fair bit of research right now to try it myself) but I think your tree is weaker than pulps.

Detonate dead at a certain point kills everything anyway. His build includes more radius so that he can have a wider effect. Yours does more dmg in a smaller area. So, I think his will clear faster.

I could be wrong here.
Build works great. 75 on the 2 week race and loving it.

Thanks dude
What did you do for the bandits? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info