Amazon Mayhem Promotion and Path of Exile

"
Bakiron wrote:
U.S. only.
why GGG dont wanna money from the rest of the world.
i´ll not create an extra fake US amazon account.
cant uderstand

GGG doesn't set the rules for Amazon, Amazon sets those rules.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Amazon gets no business from me since I use PayPal.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
it sucks that this is U.S. only :/
"
peachii wrote:
"
Bakiron wrote:
U.S. only.
why GGG dont wanna money from the rest of the world.
i´ll not create an extra fake US amazon account.
cant uderstand

GGG doesn't set the rules for Amazon, Amazon sets those rules.

I dont think that it is impossible for Amazon to sell this outside US. I heard they sell stuff in other countries.
Yes, please make this available in all countries.
Or make other packages available on this site. The biggest pack here is 200points and that's just not enough, make bigger packs and throw in some bonus stuff to make it interesting.

The supporter packs are awesome but I feel they hang around for too long and can't wait for the next one.
"
Supernico00 wrote:
How to buy this outside of US :

In your amazon settings, create an adress in the US (just take Valve HQ adress or something) and put it as default.

Amazon doesn't do IP checks, they only check if the currently used adress is in the right country

Bought loads of stuff over the past 2 years with this method without a single issue.

In my view this is simply encouraging a form of online fraud and should not be needed to take advantage of a promotion in a global company.

Both GGG and Amazon are global, I see no reason for this restriction.

Aside from that, I'd actually get billed by my bank for international currency exchange on top of the price paid in US$.

Rather than being a good promotion for GGG this could in fact be doing their reputation damage as a global company by excluding a very large portion of their playerbase. Not a good move by Amazon in my view.

Last edited by Talismannn on May 23, 2014, 11:19:49 AM
^
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
"
Talismannn wrote:
In my view this is simply encouraging a form of online fraud and should not be needed to take advantage of a promotion in a global company.

Aside from that, I'd actually get billed by my bank for international currency exchange on top of the price paid in US$.

Rather than being a good promotion for GGG this could in fact be doing their reputation damage as a global company by excluding a very large portion of their playerbase. Not a good move by Amazon in my view.

It's not necessarily fraud. I won't give names, but an Amazon rep working in the games department used to post on a gaming forum, where he made it known Amazon knows this can be used as a workaround.

In any case, GGG needs to offer these packs alternatively on their website, as going through this process on Amazon is neither intuitive nor user-friendly.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
"
Talismannn wrote:

It's not necessarily fraud. I won't give names, but an Amazon rep working in the games department used to post on a gaming forum, where he made it known Amazon knows this can be used as a workaround.

In any case, GGG needs to offer these packs alternatively on their website, as going through this process on Amazon is neither intuitive nor user-friendly.

Using a fake address to gain advantage of a promotion is actually directly fraud. One Amazon rep saying in a gaming forum that its ok does not make it legal, it just means that one person who happens to work for Amazon does not mind fraud and is encouraging it with his/her posts.

Thats a bit like me saying its ok to break the speed limit in a certain area as the cops know people do it.....
Last edited by Talismannn on May 23, 2014, 11:49:45 AM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
"
Talismannn wrote:

YES pls!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info