Quick Video of New 1.1.4 Feature

"
ZeeZ wrote:
Add content. Don't replace old. That way more casual players won't miss Atziri and other stuff...

You expect the casual playerbase to reach, maybe even have a slight chance against Atziri?
I got bad news for you, it's an horrible boss fight that can only be done by a few builds, and casuals will not even get to her, and they surely won't stand a chance against her aswell.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
The total raised for Child's Play is up to $21,940. Looks like I may be keeping my hair ;)

You could have gotten at least twice that amount if you hadn't "hidden" the mask transaction on the website but at least advertised for it in the ingame shop and login page, even if it can't be bought with points. Which probably cost you a lot of missed buys too.
There should have been a premium option too. Like a mask with an added effect for 20-50$ if people want to give more but don't feel like cluttering their stash with a dozen individual buys of the mask.
I hope you do more events of this nature in the future, I just hope you do better on the fundraising side of things.
... is not a troll
"
Derpey wrote:
"
ZeeZ wrote:
Add content. Don't replace old. That way more casual players won't miss Atziri and other stuff...

You expect the casual playerbase to reach, maybe even have a slight chance against Atziri?
I got bad news for you, it's an horrible boss fight that can only be done by a few builds, and casuals will not even get to her, and they surely won't stand a chance against her aswell.

The whole game, Atziri included, is made for the casual player base.

Why else would the intended way to 'farm' midnights (the initial Atziri gate) be to buy them?
Why else would the most effective way of obtaining items to make an Atziri build be to hit a loot pinata in merciless and buy the gear?

There's a core element to PoE which repeats.
Path of least resistance = cutting out content = fast tracking/skipping progression = shortest time investment = quickest and best reward.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 22, 2014, 4:07:36 AM
Looks great, aiming to be a high enough level to try it out! haha :)
In a house of mirrors, who perceives who to be real?
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The whole game, Atziri included, is made for the casual player base.

lol. statistics says that most of the steam players who tried poe didn't even pass hillock.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Why else would the intended way to 'farm' midnights (the initial Atziri gate) be to buy them?

because there has to be at least something valuable for low level players to sell to higher level players.
it makes mid level players richer, introduces them into the complicated trading mechanisms and at the same time doesn't give them the impression they missed out something they could use to improve their characters. i think from a game technique point of view this is a genious solution.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

There's a core element to PoE which repeats.
Path of least resistance = cutting out content = fast tracking/skipping progression = shortest time investment = quickest and best reward.

yep. the game rewards a clever style of playing.
Last edited by cronus on May 22, 2014, 5:02:26 AM
I see already people running out of vaal fragments when there are only vaal gems dropping. Now they want to go back farming them in low level areas and hey....spawnrate is reduced! welcome back to situation before the midnight buff. :(

What you think about Vaal Gems to be able to open a corrupted area as well?
"
OleOlof wrote:
I see already people running out of vaal fragments when there are only vaal gems dropping. Now they want to go back farming them in low level areas and hey....spawnrate is reduced! welcome back to situation before the midnight buff. :(

it would only be a problem if ggg gated act 4 behind uber-atziri.

at the moment atziri is a high level endgame fight and prices for fragments should be kept so high that a majority of high level players can't afford to chain run them. and this is by making them rare. if prices of these overpowered atziri gloves drop to 1-2 exalts many would find the game boring and too easy.
Future expansion? - Half life 3 Confirmed
"
cronus wrote:
because there has to be at least something valuable for low level players to sell to higher level players.
it makes mid level players richer, introduces them into the complicated trading mechanisms and at the same time doesn't give them the impression they missed out something they could use to improve their characters. i think from a game technique point of view this is a genious solution.

It's a genius solution for the economy, not for the ARPG. In a true ARPG there wouldn’t be a low-class, mid-class and high-class players, divided among "socio economic" lines.

But since in PoE the ARPG servers the economy, GGG needs to create jobs for the low and mid socio-economic caste. Jobs like mind-numbing atziri fragments farm and stone hammer collectors... If you like to be part of the system, you see this as an "opportunity" and accept your cubicle job. But such gameplay is nothing more than a glorified chinese gold farmer simulator.

It's pathetic, really, how much the economy rules the design of the whole game.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
By reducing the spawn frequency of Vaal zones you're reducing the average amount of Vaal Fragments a player will have acquired by the time their character reaches the Eternal Laboratory. So now players have a reduced supply to use in the eternal lab and a reduced chance of getting what is needed to unlock the final boss, before reaching the Eternal Lab.

As far as I can tell this is just a lose/lose situation unless a Vaal area spawned in the Eternal Lab can potentially drop multiple fragments/vaal gems. You can't farm for duplicate fragments anywhere near as easily as you could before so your supply for the Eternal Lab will expire rapidly and you'll be stuck with nothing.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info