Quick Video of New 1.1.4 Feature

A use for the overabundance of one fragment type vs the others due to skewed drops rates.... awesome
PoE > a lot of expansive games!

GGG > a lot of game companies!

♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Kujar3 wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Kujar3 wrote:
YAY finally I'll find a use for all this! This is so awesome

Can I play too?

Spoiler

I ban you from my game! :D
That's pretty awesome tho, alot of farming went into this I see x)

On top of that I killed Atziri 110 times which is another 440 fragments, used 50 ish on maps. My first hope took 97 kills...words can't describe how bad I find this gating system.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on May 22, 2014, 9:56:36 AM
"
andkamen wrote:
"
By reducing the spawn frequency of Vaal zones you're reducing the average amount of Vaal Fragments a player will have acquired by the time their character reaches the Eternal Laboratory. So now players have a reduced supply to use in the eternal lab and a reduced chance of getting what is needed to unlock the final boss, before reaching the Eternal Lab.

As far as I can tell this is just a lose/lose situation unless a Vaal area spawned in the Eternal Lab can potentially drop multiple fragments/vaal gems. You can't farm for duplicate fragments anywhere near as easily as you could before so your supply for the Eternal Lab will expire rapidly and you'll be stuck with nothing.

why is every one focusing so much on the use of atziri fragments for the atziri figth when they first are able to do maps? Do you guys think that you can somehow even come close to killing atziri at lvl 65? or even 75?

Most build need to be at least around 80 to do it and most would need to be 85+ to do it somewhat safely, especially in HC.

And with the proposed changes you will have to farm non-map area's more often then ever before in order to find Vaal Zones that spawn less often, in order to get Vaal Fragments to use in the Eternal Lab which may end up just giving you a Skill Gem.

So you're level 85 and ready for the boss fight but you only have enough for 2 or 3 attempts and if you fail each time you'll have to farm shitty zones even more!

Questions: if you use a Vaal Gem in the Eternal Lab and get a Vaal Fragment as a reward, what are the chances it will be the Vaal Fragment that you desire? What are the chances it will be a useless duplicate of a Vaal Fragment you already have or a even more useless Skill Gem? Do you think it will be profitable to use Vaal Fragments to open Vaal areas, via the eternal lab?

Hopefully there is more to this then what has already been explained.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 22, 2014, 10:32:11 AM
Fun fact's, Atziri is an AOE DPS check, destroying the "niche" that is a single target character.

You know the characters usually specialized at boss fights and better suited for them as opposed to there aoe screen clearing counter-parts.

But hell no, atziri just twisted that around. This boss single handedly made single target players useless for boss fights.

I am beginning to wonder if single target skills should even be in this game, when even a boss is designed to be beaten by AOE DPS, instead of just DPS.

(and no, double strike linked with melee splash is not a single target skill, lel)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
MiniMinhMo wrote:
DAT FISHING ROD! I WANT IT!

haha I didn't even catch that at first.

Spoiler
It's almost like this one

:)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Boem wrote:
Fun fact's, Atziri is an AOE DPS check, destroying the "niche" that is a single target character.

You know the characters usually specialized at boss fights and better suited for them as opposed to there aoe screen clearing counter-parts.

But hell no, atziri just twisted that around. This boss single handedly made single target players useless for boss fights.

I am beginning to wonder if single target skills should even be in this game, when even a boss is designed to be beaten by AOE DPS, instead of just DPS.

(and no, double strike linked with melee splash is not a single target skill, lel)

Shares this honor with Weaver. I play strictly solo, and weaver merci simply stops a defensive single target melee build.
Isn't this going to be a catch 22 in that in order to get the fragments to use to open the areas you need to first find the harder to find vaal side areas which may or may not contain vaal fragments?

Are the fragments going to drop from places than the vessel to make them more existent in a low spawn rate vaal side area world?
TFW, been playing a long time and still have never been able to go fishing. =x
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
I hope act 4 comes out soon. Please GGG make my wish come true lol
rawrawr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info