Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

"
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:

But you run Anger aura? don't that fuck up Equilibrium when you hit? since your hitting with fire?

Who said anger aura? That would be unideal to say the least.

anger is socket in the catalyst OP linked!

And plz just confirm that running anger would not be ideal!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Aug 22, 2014, 6:21:32 AM
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:

But you run Anger aura? don't that fuck up Equilibrium when you hit? since your hitting with fire?

Who said anger aura? That would be unideal to say the least.

anger is socket in the catalyst OP linked!

And plz just confirm that running anger would not be ideal!

He only wanted to show alternative weapons, the gems in the sockets are irrelevant. He was probably using that catalyst for another character, or simply leveling gems in the weapon switch. Anger adds fire damage to your cyclone/leap slam, giving monsters fire resistance (EE) so yes, you don't want to do that. I'm guessing the OP will update the majority of the first post when he gets time for it.
Well, surprisingly great build for a new league. RF might be a bit worse now way later in the game, but since I don't play anything longer than 3-4 months (if that) I'm not really concerned.

I was lucky enough to find a well rolled WoE and some 5L's... picked up what had to be one of the first RotP shields in Rampage. I was so sick of Searing Bond that I switched over right at level 65. I didn't expect RF to be able to sustain itself without flasks... level 16 gems at best.

However, it worked just fine. I'm going to need some gem levels as my HP increases, that's for sure... but it's doable and enjoyable. I have about 5K HP, 86 fire res, 600 life regen/sec. Leveling up I seemed to have a bit more HP than usual, not sure how that scales with late game. Only ran up to 68ish zones, but mobs are still melting. I don't even have my dual curse set up yet :D
IGN: Sin
Updated Gear and passives in this Guide.

Belly of the Beast is the new META => only 800Hp difference in the endgame to a 500hp Kaoms!!!
6l with old setup or 5l with one CWDT-IceNova-CoH-Curse cycle.

Video will follow soon.

EDIT: Carcass Jack lifepool without IR !!!
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
Last edited by NoLifeNiffler on Aug 22, 2014, 9:42:03 AM
Nice work finetuning the 1.2 RF! And yes. Belly of the Beast is a ...beast for its price.

I got this question lately... Why use Elemental Weakness when you could equip Flammability? Flammability scales with much less INT required which will be a huge advantage maxing the gem. AND you get the ignite chance higher too.

Oh! One more question. I was going to start a research on whether Determination can substitute equally the Grace. It seems a one way substitution at high levels just to get rid of the nodes spend to get Iron Reflexes. But you might have done your research and if so I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. Determination Vs Grace. Thank you :)
Last edited by Falcyon on Aug 22, 2014, 2:24:04 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/28auo7/grace_vs_determination_in_iron_reflex_builds/

Basically, with level 20 auras, determination is better when you have 3953 pre-aura armor. IF you are only wearing armor gear, you could drop IR a little before the 3953 mark considering the passive points you'd save.

Also, Elemental Weakness is the better choice because the 20/20 gem has an extra 10% effectiveness over Flammability, and the ignite chance from flammability doesn't help RF at all. RF is a burning degen, so sadly it doesn't ignite.

Flammability is not a bad choice if you can't get the INT to run EW though. EW is more of an end-game optimization.
Last edited by Nilos on Aug 22, 2014, 2:40:09 PM
"
Nilos wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/28auo7/grace_vs_determination_in_iron_reflex_builds/

Basically, with level 20 auras, determination is better when you have 3953 pre-aura armor. IF you are only wearing armor gear, you could drop IR a little before the 3953 mark considering the passive points you'd save.

Also, Elemental Weakness is the better choice because the 20/20 gem has an extra 10% effectiveness over Flammability, and the ignite chance from flammability doesn't help RF at all. RF is a burning degen, so sadly it doesn't ignite.

Flammability is not a bad choice if you can't get the INT to run EW though. EW is more of an end-game optimization.

Thank for all the info :)
For the ignite part, as my research goes, RF skill bypasses the Ignite part and burns anyway. So you are right. RF is like monsters are always ignited. It would be an interesting effect if RF could ignite leaving the monsters to burn -finishing them off- if by chance you left their AoE.
How would this work in HC?
hey..
ur comparing grace t odetermination over there..but how do u find space for any of them ??

i got such set up :
4l - CwDT - CoH - Nova - Curse
4l - RF - Conc - IAoE - IBurnDamage

and 2x 3L with :
Reduced mana - vit - PoF
and
Cyclone - BM - LGoH..

everything seems imprtant and idk if i should remove something and make 3rd aura set up.

P.S..either i watched wrong vid or u missed some life nodes in ur skill tree :) there is 5/5/10 life cluster near BM node :)
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Aug 23, 2014, 4:02:41 AM
"
DjPapaz wrote:
hey..
ur comparing grace t odetermination over there..but how do u find space for any of them ??

i got such set up :
4l - RF - Conc - IAoE - IBurnDamage

and 2x 3L with :
Reduced mana - vit - PoF
and
Cyclone - BM - LGoH..

everything seems imprtant and idk if i should remove something and make 3rd aura set up.

P.S..either i watched wrong vid or u missed some life nodes in ur skill tree :) there is 5/5/10 life cluster near BM node :)

Are you sure this is the gem setup of niffler's build? you could have 4x4L (you have 3x4L) and 2x3L if you wanted. You seem to miss one item here?
Last edited by Falcyon on Aug 23, 2014, 5:44:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info