Chaos Inoculation and the Incandescent Heart.

"
KaiLight wrote:
Yes CI is unviable, look at this noob that picked CI instead of stacking HP like all normal people do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-NkTe7_vnM&feature=youtu.be

Thread isn't about CI, its about Incadescent Heart in relation to CI - read title.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 22, 2014, 2:50:02 PM
Hi, I just got this armor and its great! I was using carcass jack and decided to try out Incandescant. I play a melee CI and the elemental damage reduction is so cool. Elemental damage is one of the weaknesses of CI. I notice a real difference with this armor. My char now has some great protection...no chaos damage, 52-54% Evasion, reduced ele damage, and i can get my phys % reduction very high with endurance charges, molten shell, belt armor, and granite flasks.
Sorry but not sorry to resurrect a thread that contains the designer's story.

I've been using Incandescent Heart in one of the tankier builds I've ever played. I'm doing a version of this CI Incinerate build that uses Pledge of Hands to run a high level Arctic Armour. A similar thing is doable with Aegis and Doryani's Catalyst (throw in Tempest Shield and some block on the tree), although it's harder to make a high level AA work.

Gear

Obviously this is not a cheap build to do well, and that seems to be a problem with CI and lowlife builds in general. My ES (remember I don't have a shield) is just over 7k thanks to good gear and a level 21 Discipline linked to level 3 Empower. As long as I can leech, I can facetank most things (have to be careful with Dominus, Megaera, and definitely avoid the Vaal Oversoul smash; I haven't tried Atziri).

I've been wondering if the chest might work better with Aegis Aurora, Doryani's Catalyst, and Molten Strike, something like:

Pop Rumi's Concoction with Aegis and it's like using a health potion.

Anyway, with regard to the initial post, you definitely don't lose the ability to use AA, but you can't use AA and MoM... not that you'd want MoM considering its location on the tree. I imagine a lowlife build could be done successfully with the right gear (again, very limiting). While you NEED Ghost Reaver, you don't need Zealot's Oath, and the passive investment is not as bad as you make it sound. Armour nodes are totally reachable (there are now 7 ES/Armour combo nodes in the Templar area).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 24, 2015, 4:31:54 PM
"
Valley wrote:
Kaom’s - Full Life builds
Bringer of Rain - Life, Block easy 7link
Shavronne’s - Low Life builds

Seeing uniques like this was one of the reasons why I became more interested in creating a unique around the elemental damage conversion into Chaos Damage. Which works very well with CI builds but isn't completely exclusive allowing for some interesting build designs.

But isn't it exclusive to CI?

I just discovered through the wiki that at 75% chaos resist you break even with damage. You need more than 75% in order to decrease the elemental damage you receive! As far as I know, there are two ways to do this: Saffell's Frame and CI. So now this item is only usable in hybrid builds when you use Saffell's Frame? This is pretty upsetting. CI seems to be the only way to go with this item, which goes against the design and the silly life mod that GGG added.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
^Read my response in the GD threat, IH has more uses. There just more obscure, which is a good thing. It keeps the cost and demand low and the potential high if you understand it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^Read my response in the GD threat, IH has more uses. There just more obscure, which is a good thing. It keeps the cost and demand low and the potential high if you understand it.

Yes, I overreacted based on some reddit posts I saw, and the (understandable) lack of hybrid builds on the forums makes matters like this more curious since there's little to compare to.

I live to try this stuff out on my own, it's just so expensive to get decent items and swap skill points around. At least I can say from experience that a CI build with IH and AA does quite well.
Then why not put "Gems in this items are supported by level 1 life leech" ? It would be the same as 5% physical leech while adding flexibility. I love the idea of the item anyways but it's shame you trapped it in a melee only focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info