Chaos Inoculation and the Incandescent Heart.

"
I want the screen to get redder and darker and darker the more my fury duration expires, even darker than Low-Life Veil of the Night without Arcane Vision! That would be awesome...

and that is what you will never ever ever get, jackpot.
You are not_a_fucking_bloodknight.

Spoiler
The devs already decided once against pushing builds close to deaths-door, the shavsfix was actually made for hardcoreguys to be able to play lowlife, lowlife would have been the only way to implement your idea of "fury". However they preferred to just go the "lets oneshot them with invasionbosses" route.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jun 4, 2014, 2:39:12 PM
Nevermind. Fingers typed without consulting my brain.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 4, 2014, 11:14:01 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
I was doing some math about this unique and I think they overdid the downside.

Incandescent Heart

What downside are you talking about?
Where do you get the "-10 max resist" from?

I'd say: Do your maths again?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Lol, oops. You are correct. I must have been getting uniques mixed up. Nevermind.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 4, 2014, 11:14:48 AM
I think the OP wants the best of both worlds and that's now how this game works. You can't have everything. Pick either great resist/no CI and max out your chaos resist, or pick CI along with great resist but give up all of the other stuff the OP mentioned.

I have a 94 CI Shadow that own everything including Atziri. Chaos damage does nothing to me. That is a really, really big perk of CI. CI's problem is that to make it work it's actually a really expensive build, so it's not for everyone.

I also have this Marauder I'm working on that is not CI but is max chaos resist to see and so far he's working out great.

My experience with Inc Heart is that I sold it, because like all uniques in this game do not surpass great crafted gear no matter what. This includes all the garbage that uber Atziri drops (minus the gauntlets that may have some use if you want to give up other stuff you can have on gloves).

People forget that uniques in this game are not like uniques from other games. Their purpose is to do what a rare can't do and that typically comes with some sort of a trade off. But at the end of the day, they are inferior to crafted rares which makes sense because you should be able to craft something awesome given how rare some of that top tier crafting currency is.

The only reason why people make some of these builds work for them such as using a shaves, is because of snapshotting which GGG really needs to fix. Once they do, even shaves will be yet another unique that's not for end-game ownage.

Snapshotting lets users run around with 500k - 2 mil DPS. I don't think GGG ever intended for this: 1 or 2 shotting end-game bosses. Really? This has to be priority #1 for them to fix no matter the difficulty of whatever it is that they have to overcome to fix aura mechanics.

My $0.02c
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
I think the OP wants the best of both worlds and that's now how this game works. You can't have everything. Pick either great resist/no CI and max out your chaos resist, or pick CI along with great resist but give up all of the other stuff the OP mentioned.

How about a build like this for Incandescant Heart?

90 points, still a lot of room to pick up damage, block or whatever you want.

252% ES, +4 max resist, 125% Damage, Ghost Reaver, Unwavering Stance.
Picked Marauder because he is close to US and has the +2 max resist "at home".

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:

How about a build like this for Incandescant Heart?

90 points, still a lot of room to pick up damage, block or whatever you want.

252% ES, +4 max resist, 125% Damage, Ghost Reaver, Unwavering Stance.
Picked Marauder because he is close to US and has the +2 max resist "at home".

saved you two points there
not much but ... since I saw it.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
This wasn't a seriously planned tree, I made it up in like one minute with the areas of the tree I'd include in a build for this Unique.

Minmaxing it, one would most certainly know what kind of weapon and attack skill one is going to use, so there is room for a lot of changes in the pathing.

But thx none the less. ;)
I forgot to mention that when you spec in to CI, you don't have to worry - ever - about that 4th resist, which is also a huge perk. You can just focus on gear that has your 3 elementals. From that standpoint, you can actually save $$ on the build.

I don't think the OP truly understands how powerful CI is. When you step in to an Atziri map and the 100s of birds that are spitting chaos at you do nothing to you that's when you realize how powerful that one little keystone passive is.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:

I have a 94 CI Shadow that own everything including Atziri. Chaos damage does nothing to me. That is a really, really big perk of CI. CI's problem is that to make it work it's actually a really expensive build, so it's not for everyone.

I also have this Marauder I'm working on that is not CI but is max chaos resist to see and so far he's working out great.

My experience with Inc Heart is that I sold it, because like all uniques in this game do not surpass great crafted gear no matter what. This includes all the garbage that uber Atziri drops (minus the gauntlets that may have some use if you want to give up other stuff you can have on gloves).

People forget that uniques in this game are not like uniques from other games. Their purpose is to do what a rare can't do and that typically comes with some sort of a trade off. But at the end of the day, they are inferior to crafted rares which makes sense because you should be able to craft something awesome given how rare some of that top tier crafting currency is.

The only reason why people make some of these builds work for them such as using a shaves, is because of snapshotting which GGG really needs to fix. Once they do, even shaves will be yet another unique that's not for end-game ownage.

Snapshotting lets users run around with 500k - 2 mil DPS. I don't think GGG ever intended for this: 1 or 2 shotting end-game bosses. Really? This has to be priority #1 for them to fix no matter the difficulty of whatever it is that they have to overcome to fix aura mechanics.

My $0.02c

Well, first...
Snap-shotting isn't the problem. Look up Fyndel, he explains it all, he's a low-lifer that farms Uber Atziri without it.. and still manages to clear the three bosses room in a matter of seconds. He really does make it clear as to why the snap-shotting fix barely changes anything to his build.

Secondly, I just did a lot of math that proves GGG knows what absolute balance means...
:/ I was wrong.
Last edited by Do_odle on Jun 4, 2014, 2:49:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info