[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Hey im trying this build out, and have all the essential items and some decent other items. But I just kill myself on reflects elemental mobs. What is the best way to mitigate this? I use LC, would daresso's be better since I can't get my res high enough?

Edit: I'm also wearing snakebite gauntlets. Without those dealing poison dmg at full frenzy charges I see no were else were I would be dealing poison dmg for binos' (I'm also not regening as much as you...) thoughts?
Last edited by TJG on Oct 21, 2015, 8:36:46 PM
Here is a leveling gear I used of this amazing build with the tree guide on the first post

Until level 28 I used some bow+quiver with Split Arrow.

Body armour until 60
Spoiler

Linked Gems on Body Armour: Cyclone + Reduced Mana + Added Fire Dmg + Meele Phys Dmg
As auras used: Hatred + HoA

From level 28 to 44
Spoiler

Changed on level 44
Spoiler

Changed on level 51
Spoiler

Current gear (need to change to dmg rings + amulet, but resists was priority)
Spoiler
Last edited by Qwatayean on Nov 18, 2015, 4:59:44 AM
This build is COMPLETELY UNDERRATED

I've played 2 handed cyclone build and balls deep facebreaker cyclone build and this is by far my favorite.

OP and the rich dude who played with a mirrored dagger IMO got a little too excited about tooltip dps and didn't spec enough into defensive stats to really make it shine.

If one uses Max life/ All resist/ Damage mod jewels and uses 5% hp nodes instead of some pure damage nodes, you can still do disgusting amounts of dps without even needing concentrated effect or anything. I'm currently just over 6k life/ maxed resists and can clear every single map and boss I've tried up to level 13 maps.

There's A LOT of hidden potential and damage in this build and one day I'd like to try it with a mirrored dagger instead of soul taker.

This is what I did but with a marauder:

Talent Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAAYB3AUtBbUNjRHVFCAV9ha_I_Yk_SaVKCos4S5TMHEwfDGeNZI2PTfUOkI64UMxRwZHfkp9S3hM_02STeNOKlBHUUdVS1eXW69fP2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWwIbIxtbG87dO12f3asd-N4DXloeu97jH3jfuCExITZhVKHdotPjDaNfY2_kn2XeZhvm2qdqp5Xo4qmV6Z_qW6sZq2NsbO0xbVItfK5Pr02vqfAGsEEwuzPftNv1CPYdti92WHawdvn3CPdqOOf5FHlz-dU6hjtP-1B7g7vDvGK8kX3MvzF_gr-j__e

My current gear
Spoiler
Last edited by robmasterflex on Dec 6, 2015, 9:05:06 PM
"
robmasterflex wrote:
This build is COMPLETELY UNDERRATED

I've played 2 handed cyclone build and balls deep facebreaker cyclone build and this is by far my favorite.

OP and the rich dude who played with a mirrored dagger IMO got a little too excited about tooltip dps and didn't spec enough into defensive stats to really make it shine.

If one uses Max life/ All resist/ Damage mod jewels and uses 5% hp nodes instead of some pure damage nodes, you can still do disgusting amounts of dps without even needing concentrated effect or anything. I'm currently just over 6k life/ maxed resists and can clear every single map and boss I've tried up to level 13 maps.

There's A LOT of hidden potential and damage in this build and one day I'd like to try it with a mirrored dagger instead of soul taker.

This is what I did but with a marauder:

Talent Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAAYB3AUtBbUNjRHVFCAV9ha_I_Yk_SaVKCos4S5TMHEwfDGeNZI2PTfUOkI64UMxRwZHfkp9S3hM_02STeNOKlBHUUdVS1eXW69fP2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWwIbIxtbG87dO12f3asd-N4DXloeu97jH3jfuCExITZhVKHdotPjDaNfY2_kn2XeZhvm2qdqp5Xo4qmV6Z_qW6sZq2NsbO0xbVItfK5Pr02vqfAGsEEwuzPftNv1CPYdti92WHawdvn3CPdqOOf5FHlz-dU6hjtP-1B7g7vDvGK8kX3MvzF_gr-j__e

My current gear
Spoiler

Thanks very much for that!

I like your variation a lot. You dropped some crit nodes to complete the scion life wheel, and the marauder start has a 2% edge over the duelist start.

I've added your post to the community builds section.

In case if you're wondering, this is what the dps is like with Loath Bane + Bino:

GRRRBB
cyclone
mpd
wed
blood magic
p2l
inc/conc effect
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
hi fiqst , after 2.1 , it´s the same tree and gear? came for the respect but don´t want to waste my char... thanks for the awesome build

Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Dec 12, 2015, 12:03:12 PM

3 power charges
3 frenzy charges
taste of hate & atziri flask
vaal haste
mate the DPS is just insane, 600 multiplier
the maximum life decreased, i reached 5.5K on duelist.
Last edited by xRodragoNx on Dec 12, 2015, 3:02:51 PM
"
xRodragoNx wrote:

3 power charges
3 frenzy charges
taste of hate & atziri flask
vaal haste
mate the DPS is just insane, 600 multiplier
the maximum life decreased, i reached 5.5K on duelist.

same tree and gear before 2.1?
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Dec 12, 2015, 4:51:28 PM
Hi guys, I've been updating other builds. I'll get around to this one asap.

If you need tree right now, look at the tree I use for bill the butcher, they should be identical.

Lots of stuff to update for every build, new stats and screens, testing weapons and gems, etc. So apologies for the delay.
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi guys, I've been updating other builds. I'll get around to this one asap.

If you need tree right now, look at the tree I use for bill the butcher, they should be identical.

Lots of stuff to update for every build, new stats and screens, testing weapons and gems, etc. So apologies for the delay.

Don't worry about that! All of us can wait :)

Even with old tree (since PoE didn't reset my tree with this build, but reseted from my friend -> we picked some different nodes to make tests) the build is extremelly viable, only problem is Adder's touch nerf if you don't have big cri chance.

For example, I could be a "tryharder" on Atziri's before 2.1, now with 30% poison chance, i need to take care
Last edited by Qwatayean on Dec 15, 2015, 11:59:07 AM
Hey guys,

I got some HUGE news for Cyclonus in 2.1

As you know, cyclone has been changed. But something that hasn't been documented is the mana cost reduction.

The cost for cyclone has lowered from 150+ down to 42!

What this means is that we can now run a full 6L cyclone on mana alone without Soul Taker!

The Soul Taker has always been a necessary, but limiting, aspect of Cyclonus. Now, it is possible to use Bino for its strong regen, while at the same, use the dps of the secondary that replaces Soul Taker.

Right now i'm using Bino + Catalyst and i'm getting 212k dps.

Note the mana cost

Last edited by fiqst on Dec 15, 2015, 8:17:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info