[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Im using 6l lightning coil + Doryani's and was wondering if it is worth to replace one of the 5 support gems you are using for a 20/20 added lightning. Any advice? Oh and thx for the guide. I used to play blender, but haven't played in months. So this helped me alot to get back into the game :)

oh and what about multistrike/faster attacks?
Last edited by keroc on Jun 4, 2014, 12:48:14 AM
"
keroc wrote:
Im using 6l lightning coil + Doryani's and was wondering if it is worth to replace one of the 5 support gems you are using for a 20/20 added lightning. Any advice? Oh and thx for the guide. I used to play blender, but haven't played in months. So this helped me alot to get back into the game :)

oh and what about multistrike/faster attacks?

Added lightning would be quite effective with the 90-110% wed from the doryani and is certainly feasible, but the tree is set up for physical damage mostly and the gem arrangement reflects that. Also, I use interchange between mdofl and wed for different reflect situations since they're both red. It would be hard to find a replacement for the blue added lightning gem on ele reflect maps.

Faster attacks 20/20 yields less dps than the 17/20 wed gem. LGoH would be more effective with faster attacks but I feel the 0.05 more attacks per second from faster attacks is negligible.

Multistrikes are a guaranteed 5 second desync for me so I don't use it.

Btw, you might be interested in my new respecced crit version. Some adjustments in the tree for replacing axe nodes are required but it would make the global crit chance from the doryani VERY effective. See next post for details
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hi all, I have made a spec that utilises 2 axes and criticals. It offers a significant damage boost over this RT version, but requires some more specific gear.

The Axe Murderer

The build is not finished and I'll update as go, as well as incorporating that spec into this thread for a combined guide.

To do:
- refund 2 bandit rewards for +18 phys and +1 power charge
- post some more details
- rewrite this cyclonus build into a RT and crit version multi guide
Thx for your reply. I will use faster attacks for now until i can get 20/20 wed. I really need to get some more survivability. How much does the ring cost you are using in your changed build? I fear i will not be able to afford it at this time. I have the gloves though.
"
keroc wrote:
Thx for your reply. I will use faster attacks for now until i can get 20/20 wed. I really need to get some more survivability. How much does the ring cost you are using in your changed build? I fear i will not be able to afford it at this time. I have the gloves though.

romira's banquet costs about 6-7ex in standard
I like the variation of the standard Soul Taker cyclone that you have created, fiqst. Well done.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Thank you
Added a new section outlining a new build
Renamed the thread

To do:
- new vids
- get +1 power charge bandit reward
Added more detail on equipment used
New gloves!

My thoughts on enfeeble vs temp chains:

Enfeeble lowers enemy damage. Temp chains slows enemies down.
Both are great and useful for all builds, and linking either with cwdt us great for melee builds as we don't have the time to stop and cast a curse manually.
But I feel temp chains has the advantage over enfeeble due to the longer times between enemy attacks. This allows for more health gained from LGoH or leech in between.

One example is the dominus lightning fist. As soon as it drops and knocks you down to 1/4 life or so, he could quickly fire his lightning stream and wreck you. With temp chains you have the time to build your hp back up before the next attack.

Curse on hit corrupted gloves are the simply the best. There is no need to wait until your cwdt to fire, and the level of curse is impressive.
Vulnerability is essentially a 30% phys dps boost.
Temp chains is essentially 30% damage mitigation.
Elemental weakness is a 40% boost in ele damage.

These gloves makes boss fighting a lot easier.

The next thing I want is a +1 curse rare amulet with the right mods. Possibly more rare than a mirror dropping for me.
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 6, 2014, 4:38:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info