CROWN OF EYES AND MJOLNER. Say about, nerf or no nerf ?

"
Malwin wrote:
Maybe it's not COE that needs nerf, but other items/skills need to be buffed.

ppl with COE do not one shot bosses, or two, or three shot them... Yes it increases dmg, and for 99% builds higher damage means better survi (higher life, ES leech...)

For further questions, I don't have COE. But all players would benefits much more if other skills, passives, gem would be buffer, than nerfing one or two items.

The problem is dmg/survi 1% of all player, but not enough dmg/survi of 99% players, at least not with cheap/ medium expensive gear...
I see you point, also see shavroness, kaoms, soul taker, auxium, was always expensive and got theirs desired nerf on. If lot of skills and passive got buffed, the game will become much more easy and this doesn't make any sense, and the coe will become still better.
It doesnt have to be better if proper buffs will introduced to other items/skills/passives.

Still nerfing items is the worst idea ever, why?

1) Legacy items destroy economy.
2) PPL who has legacy COE still will do much more dmg and have better survi - so there will still be a huge imbalance.

You cannot balance the game leaving legacy items, 'cos there will be still a group of ppl taking advantage of legacy COE mechanic. GGG will not remove legacy items from game so the option with nerfing new items is not an option...

"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
the game will become much more easy and this doesn't make any sense, and the coe will become still better.

99% of the content is just stay and hit... Increasing life pool or making bosses/monster one hitting is only a false illusion of difficuly...

All boss should have complicated encounters <- something better than dominus, few phases, different skills, which force you to use your brain to win the fight. Dominus does not do huge damage but still fight can be more difficult for ppl who doesnt know that you have to stay under the bubble when it appears etc. That's what makes fight interesting and difficult, not boss life/dmg <- which is sometimes ridiculous.

I'm aware that inceasing life pool and damage is a brainless solution at takes few minutes to do it, but GGG should aim higher.
Last edited by Malwin on May 11, 2014, 5:36:23 AM
"

Cause he doesn't have them
LMAO.

Your assuming that people who have them can't find them over powered?
Standard Forever
Last edited by AndiiSalgado on May 11, 2014, 5:47:01 AM
"
Malwin wrote:
It doesnt have to be better if proper buffs will introduced to other items/skills/passives.

Still nerfing items is the worst idea ever, why?

1) Legacy items destroy economy.
2) PPL who has legacy COE still will do much more dmg and have better survi - so there will still be a huge imbalance.

You cannot balance the game leaving legacy items, 'cos there will be still a group of ppl taking advantage of legacy COE mechanic. GGG will not remove legacy items from game so the option with nerfing new items is not an option...

"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
the game will become much more easy and this doesn't make any sense, and the coe will become still better.

99% of the content is just stay and hit... Increasing life pool or making bosses/monster one hitting is only a false illusion of difficuly...

All boss should have complicated encounters <- something better than dominus, few phases, different skills, which force you to use your brain to win the fight. Dominus does not do huge damage but still fight can be more difficult for ppl who doesnt know that you have to stay under the bubble when it appears etc. That's what makes fight interesting and difficult, not boss life/dmg <- which is sometimes ridiculous.

I'm aware that inceasing life pool and damage is a brainless solution at takes few minutes to do it, but GGG should aim higher.
100% Agree whit you, that breaks the economy, and who have still have it legacy got a huge advantage.
Like the dominus hand, that push the player for him, no way for run. I think is not priority at least for not now. Like atziris is need a knowledge to deal whit she, new bosses should come whit more AI.
"
iamstryker wrote:

In a PVE game? "This guy does more DPS than me! Nerf his items!!!!!!!111" ?

Dont see anything other than jealousy in these daily "nerf that item I cant afford" threads, to be honest.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

In a PVE game? "This guy does more DPS than me! Nerf his items!!!!!!!111" ?

Dont see anything other than jealousy in these daily "nerf that item I cant afford" threads, to be honest.

PvP may be slow-coming, but GGG has expressed their interest in improving and balancing it. When that time comes, people will care about what gears other people have.

In any case, damage is damage, and CoE gives way too much. Nerfing uniques and making them legacy isn't the best strategy, but it's the one being used on such problems (e.g. Soul Taker). We can expect that this approach will be used again.
Last edited by mimivirus on May 11, 2014, 6:12:44 AM
THe problem with low life CoE,is snapshoting,and the fact that you are allowed to go ranged with absurd DPS,making bow users useless,and that needs to be adressed.Otherwise,low life is essentially a glass cannon style,play style,which should be fine for spellcasters,cause their ranged DPS is much less comparatively,and CoE is of course fine if it used for melee.You are losing a big part of your potential ES,and chaos immunity to have higher DPS,at the cost of 500+ exalts.I think that is fair.

But the ranged aspect should be adressed.I do not know what can be done with wanders,but IMO,spectral throw should be buffed abit,and make it unable to crit.There is no other way to balance it.If they just nerf it for CoE users,it will just be downright useless for any non dagger,RT player.And no,nerfing daggers is not the answer.They are fine for MELEE,and infinetely INFERIOR to claws since the vaal pact nerf,unless you have atziri's acuity,where they are on par.

So 1)Fix snapshoting 2)Adress the ATTACK RANGED aspect of it,and everything will be fine.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

"So legacy items only happen when we make numerical changes to min/max values of mods, or if we add/remove entire mods from a unique. We do not create legacy items when we change what mods do (this is fairly rare, though)" - Rhys (mistakenly said from Chris earlier - my bad )

Can they "min/max" values of crown of eyes "modifiers to spell damage also apply to attack damage"

NO, there are no values to modify here, as this is essentially a game "mechanic"

Will they "add/remove" entire mode?

NO, the item would be useless without "modifiers to spell damage also apply to attack damage".

What will happen? Well in my opinion and from past experiences (ie vaal pact) we will see a Nerf to pain attunement. Bam, the effects of crown of eyes are reduced.

Mjolner on the other hand will see a Nerf and legacy variant as it has mods which can be modified numerically.

Crown of eyes - indirect Nerf, NO legacy

Mjolner - possible Nerf and legacy

I can't wait to her the QQ from the people hoarding crowns ;D its going to be sweet tears ;)
Last edited by TheKillSwitch on May 11, 2014, 10:38:02 AM
A sensible nerf to CoE would be to have spell damage modifiers apply, but attack modifiers no longer apply. It would still be build enabling but not the simply BiS it is now for anyone who can afford to go low-life RF.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info