Is Piety worth farming?

"
Idioticus wrote:
I got a soul taker from piety with just 55% iir. I've also gotten a searing touch, I think 2 exalted orbs, heartbreaker, and some decent other gear.

just gotta get lucky.

Around how many runs?
"
"
Idioticus wrote:
I got a soul taker from piety with just 55% iir. I've also gotten a searing touch, I think 2 exalted orbs, heartbreaker, and some decent other gear.

just gotta get lucky.

Around how many runs?

I'd say under 100, but definitely no more than 200. In invasion ofc. (for the soul taker)

But invasion's been good to me anyway, 5L with 60 or so fuses, decent map drops and overall a lot more orbs.
Last edited by Idioticus on May 9, 2014, 6:09:43 AM
Idk if it's relevant or not, but Atm I'm only killing piety. I just run by everything on the way with quicksilvers and quartz, take her down to 10% hp and cull her with 320% IIR. No IIQ.

I'm specifically trying my luck at a "super" drop like shavs/kaoms/etc. But the ammount of chaos recipes I've been gathering up isnt half bad either. I might start a little shop with super cheap b/o's to get rid of other gear as well.

Also, in your guys opinion, is it worth vending rares for the alts? Atm I just pick up the items that have good base stats(req lvl60+) and ID those, and drop if theyre bad.

Oh and this is 100% solo btw
That's a very good idea mate, thank you for the input. Do you know if HP pots can roll that suffix?

This is what I Have been using, and hasn't been too bad.

I can't spec new nodes because this is my first guy on ambush so I'm playing a pretty restricted dual totem self found build. So I also can't kill any mobs because I need to keep summoning totems and I temporarily unspeced EB so give myself a little headspace to get on low hp to cull piety.
"
What do you base this thinking on?

I'm guessing it's on mapbosses having awful droprates. Just a hunch.
"
Teh_Goonie wrote:
I just started MF farming piety with 320 IIR and just finished my 100th kill. To this point it has taken me 2 days and I have gotten nothing but garbage Uniques.(15 total)

Is piety worth Farming for rare drops? I.E. Kaoms/Shavs/Soul Taker/Crown of Eyes
And if so did I just really hit a streak of bad luck or what?

You must have had some insanely good luck until now, if you believe not getting Kaoms within 100 runs qualifies as bad luck.
"
Mivo wrote:
The trick is not to expect specific items. If you run her for currency (recipe, selling) instead of for one of a very small number of uniques you want, it will not be as frustrating.

I have never gotten even a single decent unique from her. All my better drops (Alpha's Howl, BoR, Glare, etc.) came from trash or rare mobs when I had below 50% IIR. (But obviously I spent much more time on killing those than on doing Piety runs.)

Yup pretty much this. All my good uniques this league came form characters with 0-30 rarity.

Piety has just gave me a consistent source of 2 chaos recipe and 100s of alteration orbs which is fine. It's a consistent source of profit.

You will just map way more than you piety so are more likely to get the best uniques out of maps.
I had like 130-ish IIR, that's it, just IIR and I got like 2 uniques in 6-7 runs. They were trash but that's RNG's fault not Piety's.
She seems really good for farming rares and uniques if you can get from the waypoint to her fast. At least that's my impression from the 6-7 runs I did.

Also, like Mivo and kasub said, I really wasn't expecting to get an item that would trivialize the entire game. Really the only decent item I got was
Last edited by TheDudeOfGaming on May 9, 2014, 9:39:48 AM
Damn OP, you've gotten very unlucky. 15 uniques in 100 runs. :(

I have an MFer @ 160IIR 26IQ (self found hence crap). I have this attached to my main skill though so it applies to all my kills, not just rushing the boss.

Piety farming is definitely worth it. This is the first league ive bothered with something like this. I'm on 4 full tabs of uniques from her now and its helped a lot, mostly with levelling uniques which are always welcome.

I've had a few cool things drop. Yesterday I got a Belly of the Beast drop and I've had an alpha's howl and Carcus Jack (albeit I can't remember if the CJ was actually from Piety specifically).

I can MF run Dominus but I find him so boring so tend not to.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
The most efficient way to do Piety for most use cases (ofc depends on efficiency and speed) is to kill packs of mobs on your way to her, as long as you can do this within the 8 minute window before Lunaris 2 resets. Lunaris 3 has the best mob density in the endgame, you get way more currency drop chances, and while the rare and unique drop chances are lower, you spend so much more time rolling for chances that overall you probably get more (compare, thousands of rolls + a boss roll over 4 minutes to a single boss roll every minute and a half).

I've also heard if your rares per minute rate is high enough, you end up spending so much time going to the vendor and making sure you're not vendoring something valuable, it becomes much more efficient to only pick up valuable uniques and jewelry (for the chaos recipe), leaving everything else on the ground and completely cutting out "vendor time" from your runs. I never got THAT much into currency farming however.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info