Is Piety worth farming?

"
gilrad wrote:
I've also heard if your rares per minute rate is high enough, you end up spending so much time going to the vendor and making sure you're not vendoring something valuable, it becomes much more efficient to only pick up valuable uniques and jewelry (for the chaos recipe), leaving everything else on the ground and completely cutting out "vendor time" from your runs. I never got THAT much into currency farming however.

I've gotta say, this may well be true but I just can't run past a yellow without ID'ing it lol. Theres always that fairy sitting on your shoulder (my fairy is Michelle Keegan btw) whispering in your ear, "that could have been the one"... dammit!! lol

I can make the run in time no worries (except when i have crazy luck with mob density, in which case im not moaning. More mobs ftw) and tend to be able to do it all in time (including ID'ing all the rares) but Im also lucky. When my mate is away from his comp, I log on and use him as my portable portal (Ironically using my 3rd portal gem on the league).

I call him Portaportal.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Piety runs and Chaos recipe ftw. Finding good rares and uniques off Piety is hard as hell but ammassing a large stockpile of Choas Orbs just takes time. Then all you do is hop onto poe.xyz and trade for what you want. That's why Piety runs are so good; they are fast, easy and you get a ton of rares for the recipe.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
What do you base this thinking on?

I'm guessing it's on mapbosses having awful droprates. Just a hunch.

Right, but maps obviously have a lot of things to compensate for that.

I'm currently running 72-75 maps, and 1 map usually gives me 1 chaos recipe's worth of items.

Plus the experience.

Plus the maps.

Plus the high ilevel whites and rares that you find on the way.

I find it hard to believe that a Piety run that gives you 1-2 chaos from trash rare recipes is going to be better for a level 80+ character.
"

Plus the high ilevel whites and rares that you find on the way.

Why would you ever care about a high ilevel white unless it is a 5L/6L/6S?
Items with higher item level can roll better suffixes. I.e. An item level 75 gold ring can roll 25% increased i.i.r. where as an itemlevel 5 can only roll 6% i.i.r.
Last edited by Teh_Goonie on May 9, 2014, 3:14:30 PM
"
Teh_Goonie wrote:
I just started MF farming piety with 320 IIR and just finished my 100th kill. To this point it has taken me 2 days and I have gotten nothing but garbage Uniques.(15 total)

Is piety worth Farming for rare drops? I.E. Kaoms/Shavs/Soul Taker/Crown of Eyes
And if so did I just really hit a streak of bad luck or what?

All responses appreciated, Thanks

solo is sux drop Farm with full party and you will see diffirent
Yeah agree, if your farming anything then: effiency (quick time and ease) = win.

If you can do each run in 3 mins x 100 = isn't that long really and you don't notice it as much but if your runs last 5 min+ then I can see how it gets frustrating.

As people have mentioned, don't farm her for anything specific, just farm her as quick as possible and you'll see your currency increase quite quickly through recipes or just by something as simple as ID every rare for alts and sell them for chaos or turn them to jewellers - fusings - sell etc.

Once in a while you'll get an item worth selling as a bonus.
IGN: Munkehboi
Thank you everyone for your input, it's all MUCH appreciated. I tried out just running Lunaris Floor 3 and killing all large packs/blues/golds and doing any strong boxes while stacking as much IIR as I possibly could,150IIR/15IIQ, while still maintaining the essentials.

VERY much to my surprise the results were quite obvious. I had to work today so I couldn't do extensive testing and I might have just had a streak of luck. However, during my three hours farming I recieved: 5 Uniques from Piety herself, one being the Cowards trail unique map which I sold for 8C. And another 4 Uniques from a gold, rogue exile and Kole. Not to mention the additiional currency drops. Which, i'm just guessing here, were 4 alchs/5 chis/2 chaos.

So in total, that's on average 3 Uniques/Hour. Like I said this could have been a streak of luck, but the currency drops alone make running Floor 3 worth it in my opinion.

/Wall of text

TL:DR
Killin shit on Lunaris 3 is pretty dope. yo.
3 uniques an hour sounds about right. Thats in the ballpark of what I get when im unique farming.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info