Is Piety worth farming?

I just started MF farming piety with 320 IIR and just finished my 100th kill. To this point it has taken me 2 days and I have gotten nothing but garbage Uniques.(15 total)

Is piety worth Farming for rare drops? I.E. Kaoms/Shavs/Soul Taker/Crown of Eyes
And if so did I just really hit a streak of bad luck or what?

All responses appreciated, Thanks
Last edited by Teh_Goonie on May 8, 2014, 8:30:12 PM
Well, she can't actually drop crown of eyes, purely based on ilvl requirements.

But I think someone that is willing to farm piety for hours on end will come out on top of someone chugging through maps, in terms of pure wealth anyway. But it's such a boring endeavor that you kinda have to decide for yourself if it's worth it.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Alright I'm going to keep at it. I've gotten pretty good and doing runs and gear swapping and avg about 5 min runs using quicksilver and quartz flasks to get to her. Hopefully Something nice will pop up soon.

If anyone else has more input I'm going to be reading everything posted on here.
If you have only gotten 15 uniques in 100 kills you are having a streak of terribly bad luck. Just keep plinking away at her. Shes good farming as long as you can murder her easily.

The trick to unique farming bosses is a combination of how quickly you can reach them and how quickly you can kill them. I generally will skip all mobs on the way except large packs of blues and all yellows I see on the way.

When im trying to just vendor crap to accumulate currency I usually farm merviel since you can open a portal at the entrance to the cavern of anger, rush through the cavern in 20-30 seconds, splatter merviel, take the waypoint in the jungle back to town, dump your shit, hop in your portal, open a new portal, open a new instance of cavern of anger, and repeat.

Also, damn thats a long sentence. English teachers nightmare I imagine.
HAIL SATAN!
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
But I think someone that is willing to farm piety for hours on end will come out on top of someone chugging through maps

What do you base this thinking on?
"
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
But I think someone that is willing to farm piety for hours on end will come out on top of someone chugging through maps

What do you base this thinking on?

Piety drops far more loot than mapbosses/normal map enemies. If you can reach her in 2 minutes then you'll quickly amass uniques. It's best done with a partner who deals with loot. I personally would not do it solo unless I was seeking upgrades out of rare items.

Also if you have enough DPS then go for dominus. He drops even more.
"
kasub wrote:
Piety drops far more loot than mapbosses/normal map enemies. If you can reach her in 2 minutes then you'll quickly amass uniques. It's best done with a partner who deals with loot. I personally would not do it solo unless I was seeking upgrades out of rare items.

Also if you have enough DPS then go for dominus. He drops even more.

I'd definitely agree that an average Dominus or Piety run would result in a lot more rares and unique items.

But I'm not sure if the quality of those items would justify running them instead of 72+ maps, which I am doing right now. But I'm open to alternatives as always, since I haven't tried grinding Piety or Dominus before.

What are your experiences with it and how much IIR would you need to make it efficient?
The trick is not to expect specific items. If you run her for currency (recipe, selling) instead of for one of a very small number of uniques you want, it will not be as frustrating.

I have never gotten even a single decent unique from her. All my better drops (Alpha's Howl, BoR, Glare, etc.) came from trash or rare mobs when I had below 50% IIR. (But obviously I spent much more time on killing those than on doing Piety runs.)
"
Mivo wrote:
The trick is not to expect specific items. If you run her for currency (recipe, selling) instead of for one of a very small number of uniques you want, it will not be as frustrating.

I have never gotten even a single decent unique from her. All my better drops (Alpha's Howl, BoR, Glare, etc.) came from trash or rare mobs when I had below 50% IIR. (But obviously I spent much more time on killing those than on doing Piety runs.)

This , you get currency by doing chaos recipe , getting alterations, some random currency drops .

throw up a shop and throw in everything decent with buyouts , and make some chaos here and there.

then while seeing your currency go up and up you wont think about the drops you don't get , but the steady progression you actually have .

you can always get a good drop from time to time and that should keep you going aswell =) .

edit : btw garbage uniques are good to have when you make alts , i make sure to save 1 of every unique for the time i wanna have fun and roll some weird alt with my friends.
Last edited by khemintiri on May 9, 2014, 3:18:37 AM
I got a soul taker from piety with just 55% iir. I've also gotten a searing touch, I think 2 exalted orbs, heartbreaker, and some decent other gear.

just gotta get lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info