720 Jewellers and counting. Let's see how badly RNG wants to **** me in the butt.

frenzy + multistrike + faster attacks + melee phys + blood magic + melee splash (swap for logh for bosses)

that's what I'd use on a 6l.

currently I have a 4l using frenzy + multistrike + BM + melee splash. So I'd gain faster attacks and melee phys.....that is HUGE! As is, on a 280 phys 1h, I have 5500 AoE dps with frenzy. How much you think i'd have with those 2 other gems?

if I didn't need lgoh for boss, I could use enhance. The quality on frenzy is rediculous so it'd be like adding another faster attacks gem lol
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on May 7, 2014, 9:44:16 PM
"
"
Boem wrote:
I'm just using my 5-link as is, i can't bear to 6-link it :DD!

Luckily my build doesn't require a 6-link it would only become "better" if that would happen.

Hope you get lucky sir.

I dont get the obsession with the 6L to be honest.

It's the biggest upgrade many characters can get at a certain point.

It's a normal desire to have it. Not an obsession.
Last edited by kasub on May 7, 2014, 9:45:23 PM
"
It's the biggest upgrade many characters can get at a certain point.

It's a normal desire to have it. Not an obsession.

I think it would be even more accurate to say that at a certain "rare item level", upgrades to your gear become so scarce that a 6-link is the only way to feel an improvement to your character's overall strength.

Not to mention the utility an extra gem slot can mean for some builds.

I for instance need my 6-link for an "additional accuracy" support gem. That might sound retarded, but in reality it would make my overall gear requirement easier (no longer have to look for ACC on top of the other stats i require) and the quality would allow me to respec 1/2 points out of crit.

So overall i would save around 4/5 passive points by having that one extra slot. That's insane for a lvl 92 character :).

I would say a 6-link is more common then a BiS rare item drop.

This is what makes it desired.

Obviously you are correct, it is natural to want a sense of progression after X amount of stick. A carrot can be extremely tasty to a starving men.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Checking with Tabula, my sixth link increases my dps by 40%. That's a considerable upgrade.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
I've spent well over 1k jeweler's in the futile attempt to 6S a chest, and with half of them I used scraps, too. It's the single most frustrating experience I had with the game so far, and the one that is responsible for a good chunk of the negativity I feel about the game. Also, there were only two occurrences of five sockets. (It's an ilvl 80 chest.)

As Kasub mentioned, a 6L chest would be the largest upgrade I could get for my build, and this is essentially the same for the vast majority of builds. Luckily, I don't depend on it. But rolling your own shouldn't be so extremely inferior to buying/trading one. (Linking it will be even more expensive.)
By the way, before I spend more currency on buying Armourer's Scraps, are they really worth the cost?

• 80 scraps cost me 1 chaos to buy.
  • That means, with each fuse attempt, I use 0.5 fuse worth of scraps (AKA 50% more). For example, if I use 20 fusings, then I have to spend 10 fusings worth of scraps.
  • So, is the chance to 6L with 20Q greater than the +50% cost to 20Q the chest each time?
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on May 7, 2014, 9:56:22 PM
^i have no clue man, i usually just burn all of my scraps on it (when doing a 5-link) and then proceed without scraps if i don't get a result.

Honestly i don't think anybody can answer you, since the details are not released.

Nobody knows the exact odds of 6-linking.

Nobody knows how those odds are increased with scraps.

For all we know, they do nothing. (that's not a jab at GGG, just an assessment since the data is not revealed)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
rrtson wrote:
By the way, before I spend more currency on buying Armourer's Scraps, are they really worth the cost?

• 80 scraps cost me 1 chaos to buy.
  • That means, with each fuse attempt, I use 0.5 fuse worth of scraps (AKA 50% more). For example, if I use 20 fusings, then I have to spend 10 fusings worth of scraps.
  • So, is the chance to 6L with 20Q greater than the +50% cost to 20Q the chest each time?

According to what Chris posted on reddit, it increases the chance to 6L by more than double, so yes I would say it's worth it.

It's like buying 2 tickets for the price of 1.5.

I have 6 linked 3 items in Ambush, with quality at 2% the average was 500 fuses, not sure if the amount of quality affects it or not.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 7, 2014, 10:06:08 PM
"
rrtson wrote:

The tooltips for both Jeweler's Orbs and Orbs of Fusing state that quality has an impact. How big that effect exactly is, well, that is not known (other than what Chris posted, which isn't a formula). That would ruin the atmosphere.
Last edited by Mivo on May 7, 2014, 10:05:39 PM
"
Mivo wrote:
I've spent well over 1k jeweler's in the futile attempt to 6S a chest, and with half of them I used scraps, too. It's the single most frustrating experience I had with the game so far, and the one that is responsible for a good chunk of the negativity I feel about the game. Also, there were only two occurrences of five sockets. (It's an ilvl 80 chest.)

As Kasub mentioned, a 6L chest would be the largest upgrade I could get for my build, and this is essentially the same for the vast majority of builds. Luckily, I don't depend on it. But rolling your own shouldn't be so extremely inferior to buying/trading one. (Linking it will be even more expensive.)

Tell me about it... (refer to my sig).

When a player dumps a large chunk of currency into "crafting" a single item, and is left with nothing to show for it, it really leaves a sour taste in the player's mouth.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on May 7, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info