Molten Strike Retrospective

Thanks for this small, yet insightful glimpse of your brains at work.
This was a cool read, and a rather awesome looking bug lol. More behind the scenes stuff like this would be very cool.
Thanks for taking your time to discuss things like this with the community, it's things like this that truly makes you guys at GGG my favs.

Whilst I appreciate the new skill Molten Strike, I feel it's kinda, meh. At least Visually, the dmg potential is great, the skill just ''feels'' weak. When I hear Molten Strike I'm thinking about swinging your weapon into the ground (much like groundslam) so hard that Magma erupts around you. That screenshot of the melee splash bug is somewhat I have in mind.

Think: Ground slam + Frost nova + Magma = Upon impact creates a burst of magma erupting around you, damaging all enemies and applies burn.
Go Rory and the QA team!

Really enjoyed seeing this kind of post. Would love to see more insiders in the future!
Yeah for early game molten strike is the best single target skill. Damage seems to be 3x as regular damage and 2x as heavy strike.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Rory, could you please elaborate why this skill - just like spectral throw - is another Power Creep introduced lately?

MS currently seems to beat all 'old' single target skills while still providing very compelling AOE element. this is the 'nobrainers' one-click wonder.

same with ST. power creep is a bad feature of all games craving for attention (players with powerful toys are less likely to leave) but this is just like debt spiral - ends badly

consider some nerfs/changes to MS because currently people still believe this skill to be 'en par' with others while it is clearly way above everything else
MS, LMP, LGoH, MS, this is how I roll now.
WIth AoF, RT, PB and IG it melts stuff and keeps me safe. Good skill.
Thanks for sharing these insights Rory! I appreciate the glimpse behind the scenes, and I hope you will share more of them with the community in the future.

Now, just because we're on the topic of skills...how's the Ball Lightning coming along? ;)
Been using this skill for end game, no issue so far and you will love the hit ground and run lol.
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Thanks for the insight!
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info