[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
trulir wrote:
Lightning pen is better. Tom doesn't have the gear anymore (he using his shatter chuck gear) so he can't update his gear in the main post.

This is correct. Lightning penetration is by far better. Check the math in my post on page 53; it's a little out dated in terms of exact numbers (and OP build is slightly different than mine), but the conclusions about lightning pen vs iron will are still sound.

When you build so much of your DPS from additive sources (instead of relying on the multiplicative "more" of RF), then you don't lose as much relative DPS from getting rid of Iron Will, enabling Lightning Penetration to be by far the better choice.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 16, 2014, 11:23:32 PM
Alright, so I tried this build. Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

(I cant afford a shavs right now)

I am just freakin out lol. Epic DPS; nice animations and just wow =)

Never seen a build like this before lol, I use LifeLeech instead if Lightning Penetration as I like it better in terms of leeching^^
Uber Down:

not bad, but hope acuity gloves :(

I only have died testing if I could get the fire dmg, now I know I have to avoid fire circles...is the difference between normal and uber for me.

Maybe on next try I will try with Rise of phoenix, maybe I dont need to avoid fire circles just pop flask :D. Done with my legacy safells my resis are 88%, 7,2 ES
Last edited by reimbowl on Oct 17, 2014, 11:42:17 AM
"
reimbowl wrote:
Uber Down:

not bad, but hope acuity gloves :(

I only have died testing if I could get the fire dmg, now I know I have to avoid fire circles...is the difference between normal and uber for me.

Maybe on next try I will try with Rise of phoenix, maybe I dont need to avoid fire circles just pop flask :D. Done with my legacy safells my resis are 88%, 7,2 ES

Using saffell's and a fire flask would put you over 100% fire res. Does uber atziri have some fire penetration?
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
How would you sustain blood rage without the shavronne's ring?

BR is based off your life which is a fraction of your ES pool and it only takes a fraction of that so it's minimal.

For me it's still draining like 110 es/second. so when there are no monsters around my ES drops dangerously sometimes. (i have -34% chaos res). Any solutions?
I'm updating the tree to not using RF, but i'm lacking dexterity. What am I missing? Did you guys downgrade BR and Haste?
Personally using corrupted Voidbringer with "Curse Enemies with level (10 to 12) Elemental Weakness on Hit", necklace with "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" & Lightning Strike/GMP/Faster Attacks/Multistrike/Curse on Hit/Warlord's Mark. Feels infinitely more powerful than the setup listed, but a bit more expensive.

Another advantage is that you can stick level 21 Corrupted Purity auras in Voidbringer and get an additional % of max resistance.
"
fer662 wrote:
I'm updating the tree to not using RF, but i'm lacking dexterity. What am I missing? Did you guys downgrade BR and Haste?

Need to get all dex notables and and the 2x 10+ dex on the right of witch, also need some dex on gear to get 151/157 dex.
The thing is there's almost 0 gear you can change.

Spoiler

I need the revelation because otherwise blood rage is too annoying (does the resist from the vertex affect it that much? we don't have any regen without the ring now). the other ring and the amulet you cannot change. The helmet and the shield, while they can be changed, if i can make the build work with these I'll have better ES than most people with shavs. I've seen people without the belt, but i don't get how they leech. Do they all have the leech gem on the mjolner?

I'm going to try lioneyes paws just for the dex and str really to keep the rest of the gear intact. Any tips appreciated.
these are my equip
Spoiler

and this is my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADH0NfA2NDjwQfxFQFHEXLxkuGyUc3B0UIvQkiySwJbwn7Sj6LKYu_y9vNAo1uTa6N2Y9D0KjRnFHBklRS65N2FBQVbVXyVhjWfNca1yKXz9famaebAtsFm0Zbpdwu3Kpe9d8u3zZffV-WX_GgKSCx4MJhEiG0YcZjHaPRo_6kFWQ1pMnm6GePJ7Nn8uiD6KjpwinK6cwrKq0DLiTwBrBBMHFwfPDbcT2xp7G2NDQ2RPZW9rd2-ffv-GI6QLqGOq66-7sGPDV8pzzcfcy9773wffX-Ov56PrS_Es=

i'm thinking to put lightning penetration istead of iron will...but i'm no sure, what to do, put or not put ?

ps:i use RF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info