[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Wow, I never thought about doing a Shav's swap, considering that I have two of them and they're approximately the right colors. Plus, with a 6L Shav's I can use CoH setup with Lightning Strike for something like Elemental Weakness or Enfeeble if I want to play it safer. Can still use my old 6L setup as well for Molten Strike and don't have to constantly shuffle gems in and out of one piece of armour. Though like you said, that's more a QoL thing and not something totally required considering how much people will spend on this build anyway in some cases. :p
One question, sorry for my "dumbness" and probably this has been answered but... Clear Mind works with BM?
"
King0fEarth wrote:
One question, sorry for my "dumbness" and probably this has been answered but... Clear Mind works with BM?

Clear Mind will give you the full bonus if you are using the Blood Magic Keystone, as having "No Mana" does not count as "Mana Reservation".
"
King0fEarth wrote:

Correct, pretty much what iSo said above. Since the Blood Magic Keystone removes your mana pool you are then reserving everything on life. Because you never reserve any mana (you have none to do so) the Clear Mind jewel's bonus applies, but that is a good question especially if other people are unsure about it. :)
Hello guys
What do you think will be the best suited ascendacy class for this build?
I got a marauder lvl 84 atm but im not sure if its worth keep leveling him up or level up another class instead :/
Also got a templar lvl 81, maybe that one is more suited?

EDIT

Could Beserker class be any good?
Randall Flagg
Last edited by Randall__Flagg on Feb 2, 2016, 5:34:32 AM
"
Hello guys
I got a marauder lvl 84 atm but im not sure if its worth keep leveling him up or level up another class instead :/

EDIT

Until all the ascendancy classes are revealed (especially the scion and witch ones), it will be hard to determine what is the best (most ideal) sub-class. Based on the 2 marauder sub-classes revealed, berserker seems to be the worse of the two. The Aspect of Carnage does not improve spell damage (so it is almost useless), this build does not trigger warcries and the rest of the bonuses are too conditional to be truly reliable and effective. At least with the juggernaut sub-class, you can make yourself much more tankier and more resilient to CC effects like chill or freeze.

Templar on the other hand. The Hierophant is a good sub-class but it does not suit this build. The Inquistor on the other hand, has so many useful bonuses to this build with its various bonuses to attack speed and elemental damage. So between Marauder and Templar, the Templar is clearly more ideal for this build.

However, I'd highly sugegst waiting until all sub-classes are revealed.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Feb 2, 2016, 6:03:13 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
Hello guys

EDIT

Until all the ascendancy classes are revealed (especially the scion and witch ones), it will be hard to determine what is the best (most ideal) sub-class. Based on the 2 marauder sub-classes revealed, berserker seems to be the worse of the two. The Aspect of Carnage does not improve spell damage (so it is almost useless), this build does not trigger warcries and the rest of the bonuses are too conditional to be truly reliable and effective. At least with the juggernaut sub-class, you can make yourself much more tankier and more resilient to CC effects like chill or freeze.

Templar on the other hand. The Hierophant is a good sub-class but it does not suit this build. The Inquistor on the other hand, has so many useful bonuses to this build with its various bonuses to attack speed and elemental damage. So between Marauder and Templar, the Templar is clearly more ideal for this build.

However, I'd highly sugegst waiting until all sub-classes are revealed.

This is my thought as well. Of the currently revealed ones, you could make use of just about any class, though none are perfect fits.

On an unrelated note, I will be making a new thread in about a week if Tom94 fails to update the OP with what I sent. It's about time this build got an actively updated OP... particularly with Ascendancy on the way.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 2, 2016, 10:48:27 AM
Also interesting to note with the new information concerning flasks...the +max resists on the elemental flasks is getting nerfed down some points. Here's more information from the dev manifesto post:

We've added new mods that can be rolled on Flasks:

Increased Duration (Utility Flasks)

Increased Effect, Reduced Duration (Utility Flasks)

Poison Removal and Immunity (All Flasks)

Reduced number of Charged Used (All Flasks)

We've made some balance changes to existing Utility Flasks:

Resistance Flasks have been reduced to +6% maximum resistance. (It's getting easier to dramatically increase maximum resistances, so this change is designed to partially counteract the new tools such as the Flask Effect mod and new Ascendancy options.)

Quartz Flask now provides Dodge and Spell Dodge, as well as Phasing.

The duration, charge requirements and maximum charges on many existing utility flasks have been updated. In general, they're now easier to use, but there have been specific balance changes in some cases. For example, Quicksilver Flasks now have a slightly shorter duration (until you boost it with the new mod or an Ascendancy passive skill).

Existing Unique Flasks which don't have high usability have been improved where necessary to make sure they are still desirable choices. An example is Lion's Roar, which now has more than one use per full flask.

So as you can see, we're likely going to be losing some +max resists on the flasks we roll, and I think most should be prepared to likely not get anything extra concerning those with the Scion Ascendancy. A safe bet IMHO, but we'll see what happens. That said, this is going to make -Max Resist map mod affixes a little bit more dangerous and you might want to consider pulling out those old Saffel's Frame shields just in case you want to compensate for that.
Witch elementalist class revealed!

Spoiler
Pendulum of Destruction - Gain 100% elemental damage for 4 seconds every 10 seconds.

Mastermind of Discord - Gain 20% Cold/Lightning/Fire penetration if you've used a Fire/Cold/Lightning skill in the past 4 seconds.

Paragon of Calamity - When hit by elemental damage, gain 40% increased damage dealt & 8% reduced damage taken for that type for 4 seconds.

Shaper of Desolation - 20% chance to gain Arcane Conflux for 4 seconds on kill. Arcane Conflux - All damage chills, ignites, and shocks.

Beacon of Ruin - Elemental Status effects caused by your abilities spread to nearby enemies, Radius 9.

Liege of the Primordial - 10% chance to summon a Lesser Elemental Golem when killing an enemy with elemental damage.

what are your thoughts?
Randall Flagg
"
Witch elementalist class revealed!

Spoiler
Pendulum of Destruction - Gain 100% elemental damage for 4 seconds every 10 seconds.

Mastermind of Discord - Gain 20% Cold/Lightning/Fire penetration if you've used a Fire/Cold/Lightning skill in the past 4 seconds.

Paragon of Calamity - When hit by elemental damage, gain 40% increased damage dealt & 8% reduced damage taken for that type for 4 seconds.

Shaper of Desolation - 20% chance to gain Arcane Conflux for 4 seconds on kill. Arcane Conflux - All damage chills, ignites, and shocks.

Beacon of Ruin - Elemental Status effects caused by your abilities spread to nearby enemies, Radius 9.

Liege of the Primordial - 10% chance to summon a Lesser Elemental Golem when killing an enemy with elemental damage.

what are your thoughts?

Please do not post more in this thread - it's officially being sent out to pasture. I will not be replying here, but I will put my reply in the new thread.

Post in the new thread.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 4, 2016, 4:20:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info