[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

If your not going RF, you dont need the Shav's ring right? Also why is RF bad in 1.2? in the off chance you 1 shot yourself in very rare situations? Why is that a big deal (assuming standard/rampage)
"
"
Shogen wrote:
Hey guys, is it hard to re-roll shavs for RRGGBB?

Took me 450-500 yesterday. But I even had 5-offcolors a few times so I'd guess that I was just unlucky.

Getting a 5-off in 500 chroms is super lucky. Super unlucky is what happened when I tried to rechrome from RRGGBB to RRRGBB... I dropped around 15-20 ex worth of chroms (about 1.5 stash tabs, somewhere around 3500 chroms) to get it. Got trolled by repeated GGGRBB and even a RRRGGB before getting there.

"
jiggyji wrote:
If your not going RF, you dont need the Shav's ring right? Also why is RF bad in 1.2? in the off chance you 1 shot yourself in very rare situations? Why is that a big deal (assuming standard/rampage)

You can achieve higher DPS in 1.2 without RF, because boosting your DPS with the passive tree and a spell damage shield allows you to use lightning penetration instead of iron will. See my post on page 53 and my updates on p. 65-68 for the details.

Shavronne's Revelation is taken in the OP to provide ES regen and negate the need to put any passives into getting Zealot's Oath and Life Regen. It is not necessary - again, see my earlier posts for details. I do not run Blood Magic or Shavronne's Revelation and my build is very similar to the current build in the OP.

Building around RF isn't "bad", it's just not optimal. You lose ES because you need to use RotP, and your DPS winds up being lower because with RF you are more dependent on Iron Will for boosting your DPS and you cannot really use lightning penetration effectively.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 16, 2014, 11:29:04 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
Shogen wrote:

Hey aren't you the dude that sold me my mjolnir :D, nice seeing you on this tread, well I dont know if its particularly hard to roll RRGGBB, but given that shavs is a pure int chestpiece, it would be harder to roll multiple off-colour sockets on it. For me, it took 67 chromatic orbs to hit that combination on my shavs.

haha yeaaaa. It seems hard with 4 offcolors but you managed in 67! I'm reluctant to re-roll shavs cos its currently used by my wander, another color setup. Should I stock up 500 chroms, sufficient? I'm testing with solaris lorica first atm haha. romira and doriyani is da bomb haha.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
"
Shogen wrote:

Took me 450-500 yesterday. But I even had 5-offcolors a few times so I'd guess that I was just unlucky.

Getting a 5-off in 500 chroms is super lucky. Super unlucky is what happened when I tried to rechrome from RRGGBB to RRRGBB... I dropped around 15-20 ex worth of chroms (about 1.5 stash tabs, somewhere around 3500 chroms) to get it. Got trolled by repeated GGGRBB and even a RRRGGB before getting there.

oh no, as what I feared..
Last edited by Shogen on Oct 16, 2014, 11:46:59 AM
"
Shogen wrote:
oh no, as what I feared..

You should probably expect that it will take you a few hundred chroms, not more than 1k most likely. I've rechromed things for 4-off many times before and I've NEVER had an experience as bad as that. I was pissed, and my experience is probably worst case scenario.

For what it's worth, I used Vorici to guarantee RG at 15 chroms per try.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 16, 2014, 11:53:03 AM
Of topic but here it goes. I was reading your guide an is awesome like the build but I have a question. Wich of the two gems is better to use. Lightning pen Or Iron will? The reason I ask is because you said in your guide that lightning pen will outdo Iron will in damage. But on the portion of your gear, I notes you have Iron will socketed. Wich of the two gems would be best I use.

Also as an idea I've been playing with for the curse on hit. I 6L lightning S/molten S + GMP+ curse on H+ Multy S + ele weakness + assa mark/ warlords mark.
This by sacrificing a little ES. And using the set of unique boots that lets you +1 curse.
assassins mark= more power charges
Warlords mark = more endurance charges + life leech= survivibility.
Tons of charges and fun.
How would you sustain blood rage without the shavronne's ring?
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
How would you sustain blood rage without the shavronne's ring?

BR is based off your life which is a fraction of your ES pool and it only takes a fraction of that so it's minimal.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
So Iron will or lightning penetration?
Lightning pen is better. Tom doesn't have the gear anymore (he using his shatter chuck gear) so he can't update his gear in the main post.
Last edited by trulir on Oct 16, 2014, 9:12:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info