[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Tanakeah wrote:
I know it seems that way Krayken, but you're not getting as much benefit from it as you might think. Most of the stuff you go up against you're going to kill so fast that the extra projectiles won't do much for you. You'd be better off dumping one of them for Culling Strike and keeping the other if mana isn't an issue. I still do suggest you try out CoH and one of the above curses that I mentioned depending on which you find works out best for you. You might be really surprised that the extra boosts from Empower and Enhance aren't really doing you many favors. If I do it right, and from what I recall, this is what you'd get:

36% total quality * 0.4% extra elemental resist loss = 14.4%

So for the extra 16% quality you're getting an extra 6.4% resists, which seems really nice. But remember that curses have reduced effectiveness against bosses and rares, but you're likely more concerned with bosses. So if I recall correctly you're going up against a 60% penalty right there, which means:

Level 22/36 CW = 41% + 14.4% = 55.4% >>> 55.4% * 0.60 = 33.24%

Level 20/20 CW = 39% + 8% = 47% >>> 47% * 0.60 = 28.2%

So for those extra two gems you're getting an increase of ~5.00% additional elemental resists reduced. At this point you have to decide whether that's worth it to you on bosses versus having it completely automated on your Molten Strike links. Also, don't forget that a 20/20 CoH is going to give you a total of 19% increased effect of the curse itself. That means...if the math is right:

Level 20/20 CW = 39% + 8% = 47% >>> 47% * 0.19 = 8.93% >>> 8.93% + 47% = 55.93%

Now, if the math is right (not sure if it is), then you're actually breaking even and doing just -slightly- better with CoH in this scenario. If this is true, then that means you now have saved yourself a few sockets and can put some other gems in there if you'd like to run something else like maybe the Vaal gems, or perhaps other things you have been eyeballing. :)

Yeah but if i use coh then i need to remove one more gem and i rly want to try with lgoh. Also those 2 projectiles do change the dps. Against single target i almost always have at least 3 proj hitting the target. Im not fond of losing 2 sockets for a curse when i can just cast it manually. Im used to casting curses manually i always did it that way. I might try it though. Just need to keep lvling for now :D
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 27, 2014, 4:35:57 PM
IGN: Reoxy
"
Reoxy wrote:
Here is my non rt crit mjölner witch skill tree.

Works pretty well. And heres my gear too.

Spoiler

Why no resolute techninue? I didnt like it also this way i can use my atziri gloves which give me reflect immunity, crit multiplier op + i can replenish my flask in an instant.

Edit. Im still trying to min max my tree so it may still change and look just weird.

your crit mjölner build seems very powerfull, please could you make a screenshot from your offensive and defensive tab (maybe you should make a guide too) it is realy impressive

do you often run hard maps (like ele refl, -max, vulna... ect) what your opinion of your survivability on these mods?
InG:
FFran
It would be nice for the original author to update the gear, since snapshotting no longer works. And to re-work the guide for that as well.
Just bought a 6l cloak, added LGOH in it and it rocks. Im now using lightning penetration in my Mjolner, dont feel the need for life leech at all. Then i reached lvl 88 and tried Atziri.

Vaal fight i almost died to the ball lightning. It seems to do more damage than pre 1.2 patch. Maybe its the 30% damage buff on ball lightning? They die extremely fast.

The trio fight i died twice. Both of it because of the fire reflect of the dual wielding dude. I think he deals a flat fire reflect every times he takes damage. After my two deaths i tried with a ruby flask and it seemed to make me immune to it. If i didn't die the whole fight would have taken about 20 seconds. I totally forgot to use Immortal call. Firs time i ever use that skill. Gotta get used to it.

Atziri fight was a big joke. Killed in under a minute. LGOH is so strong.

For that fight i swapped lightning penetration with conc effect (made sure i didnt hit the reflect mob). I also used saffell's frame and swapped my dream frag for a rare ring with mana life and ES. My life pool for that fight was 5k (life + mana). She only had the time to do her huge double flameblast once in the fight, popping a ruby flask did the work. Aside from that i didnt need to pop a ruby flask, used some life flask here and there.

im gonna try it again with a ruby flaks right off the bat against the trio boss and a topaz flask against the vaal bosses.

Edit : Ok second run finished. Vaal fight took about 10 seconds they didn't even have the time to use ball lightning :D

Trio fight i managed to not die but it came close. It was a huge mess. I didn't kill them in the order i planned at all. I have like no control over this haha. But yeah ruby flask + manual immortal call seems to be the key for me.

Atziri down in under 1 min again. She's the easiest of the run. She didn't even get to use his big dual flameblast this time.

Now im back to lvling that toon. Love it!!

My gear for the Atziri fight :

The atziri flask is useless : she almost goes from phases to phases instantly. ill use a second ruby flask next time just for good measures.

3rd Edit :

I did a 3rd run. Vaal fight : 10 seconds. I dps the bottom one, when he disapear (hes at around 15%) i warp to the other and dps him, the first one spawn back right under him and they both die at the same time.

Trio fight : Didn't break a sweat. Im not sure about the fire reflect anymore, maybe on my first run i died because i didnt use IC. Maintaining IC the whole fight makes it a joke. ill keep using a ruby flask just for good measures.

Atziri : I actually attacked the reflect one and killed myself LOL. What a retard. I was very slow to notice it and i didn't have the reflex to use a ruby flask. Thats a proof that i do need to swap light pen with conc effect for that fight else im pretty sure my discharge would reach the reflect one.

All i got was 3 stupid flasks though :(

Now back to lvling!
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 28, 2014, 12:22:44 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
Just bought a 6l cloak, added LGOH in it and it rocks...
Nice to see a non-low-life build do Atziri. Care to share your tree? Looks like you're not using RF. Did you take shield block nodes? Do you switch in lightning strike for mobs? Thanks.
"
vikroda wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Just bought a 6l cloak, added LGOH in it and it rocks...
Nice to see a non-low-life build do Atziri. Care to share your tree? Looks like you're not using RF. Did you take shield block nodes? Do you switch in lightning strike for mobs? Thanks.

I linked my build a few pages ago. Not using RF indeed. I really doubt its viable for a life build in patch 1.2. I tried lightning strike and it's pretty bad imo. Molten strike is much more effective. Since i have 40% increased area from tree the projectiles covers quite a large area. I can even do some hit and run tactics without being touched (barely ever needed though).
"
Reoxy wrote:

Hi, I'm using your skill tree and I must say it works pretty good.
However, I have to do a few tweak to make it suit my current level :P
Here is my gear:
Spoiler

IMO, using Iron Will instead of Arc will produce better damage output due to our build is based on critical strike, and Discharge has very high crit chance. So instead of using Arc, we should maximize our base damage.

And here is my tree, level 84 witch:
Last edited by anhtu1910 on Aug 28, 2014, 1:49:34 PM
^nice gear but it hurst seeing that u dont have yet those crit multiplier nodes. They will up dmg a lot. Will have to try iron will at some point.
"
FFran wrote:
"
Reoxy wrote:
Here is my non rt crit mjölner witch skill tree.

Works pretty well. And heres my gear too.

Spoiler

Why no resolute techninue? I didnt like it also this way i can use my atziri gloves which give me reflect immunity, crit multiplier op + i can replenish my flask in an instant.

Edit. Im still trying to min max my tree so it may still change and look just weird.

your crit mjölner build seems very powerfull, please could you make a screenshot from your offensive and defensive tab (maybe you should make a guide too) it is realy impressive

do you often run hard maps (like ele refl, -max, vulna... ect) what your opinion of your survivability on these mods?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023816
Last edited by Reoxy on Aug 28, 2014, 7:07:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info