[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Funsy wrote:
Hey Mjolnir lovers ;)

Some days ago, i've told you my feelings about my new tree. So here's a post with more explanations. PM me if you want to know more about it.

Cheers

[1.2] FunsyWish / LVL 89 - Mjolnir discharge+arc

Based on Tom94's Rainbownuke build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173) and inspired by laposbivaly's BM changes (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173/page/15)

I just modified the builds with vaal pact for a no brain "one click" version that can actually run those map modifiers without pushing any topaz/ruby flask:

-max ele res
half regen
no regen
ele reflect
blood magic

This combo can be done pushing ele flasks: -max res + ele reflect

So, this build can run every map modifiers. Chaos and vaal orbs friendly :p

"

Keystones:

- Vaal Pact
- Ghost Reaver
- Blood Magic
- Pain Attunement
- Resolute Technique
- Unwavering Stance

Here's my Atziri stream if you want to check how this build is viable: http://www.twitch.tv/funsyy.

Gear

Best in slot wanted upgrades

ES shield: %ES / ES / SD / block / chaos res / all res

ES Helmet: %ES / ES / %ES-block recovery / int / chaos res / fire res

AR-ES gloves: %AR-ES / ES / %ES-block recovery / dex / str / IAS

AR-ES boots: %AR-ES / ES / MS / str / int / chaos res

Heavy belt: ES / AR / str / chaos res / cold res

Solo defense/offense screenshots

Defense

Arc's damage

Discharge's damage

Molten strike's attack speed

Single target's DPS calculations

Arc's damage per cast:
(159+3025)/2 = 1592

Discharge's damage per cast: (we only take 3 endu/power charges)
(2494+3747+353+6673)/2 = 6633.5

Hits per second: (we assume that at least 1 projectile hits the target)
(1+1)x5.4 = 10.8

-----

DPS:
(1592+6633.5)x10.8/2 = 44417.7 = 44k minimum DPS

To calculate the AOE DPS, multiply this number by the number of monsters you can hit at once. For example, if you can hit 5 monsters at once: 44k x 5 = 220k DPS

Edit 1: Using a RRGGBB shav with curse on hit gem + curse (then without lgoh gem) coupled with 2 divination distillate flasks to feed the used skill is a clever idea (and cheaper). Walmart_Girl does it.

Edit 2: PM me and ask me to stream if you want to see the build in action.

Does your damage (Example 159-3025 for your Arc) takes shock stack into consideration?

Edit nvm i saw your screenshots. But you don't have static blow passives anyway. Your arc alone can probably shock but probably not against high HP/high resists targets (which is the case for most of the hardest bosses) because when the shock duration is under 30 ms, it doesn't shock). Giving your Discharge the ability to shock is much, much better than Arc because it deals much more damage (which means longer shock duration) and static blow passives gives you an additional 50% increased shock duration. Basically it would probably triple your shock capabilities. If i were you i would drop a few ele dps nodes to get the static blow passives. DPS against bosses is more important than dps against trash mobs (who dies one shot anyway).

Im currently lvling a budget life EB MOM (via cloak of defiance) Mjolner build. Loving it so far. Im at lvl 87 atm. At lvl 94 i will have 5.6k effective HP (4.1k life + 1.5k unreserved mana with close to 350 mana regen per seconds). Also running Arctic armor lvl 22 and i will have close to 60% block and spell block by then (using rathpith shield). Once i get a 6l cloak i will add LGOH and will probably be able to drop life leech from mjolner even against reflect (in which case i don't even seem to need life leech atm because of my block/arctic armor). Then i could probably swap life leech for Conc effect for a more multiplier or lightning penetration (so good when it comes to bosses or rares with high resists, some of them are still capped even after applying ele weakness). I have so many aoe nodes atm (40% from tree) im afraid my discharge will hit the reflect Atziri once i try her (waiting to get a 6l for that). My discharge covers almost the full screen atm haha. I also use LMP along with GMP which means 9 projectiles with molten strike (and that will mean even more life via LGOH once i have the 6L). My resistances aren't as godly as yours though (81 fire, 75 cold and 80 lightning) but reflect really isn't a problem so far. Just like you i manually cast Ele weakness but i have it supported with lvl 3 enhance and empower (arctic armor is in the same gear slot). I have 4 attacks per seconds and my Arc deals slightly less damage than yours (139-2664). But with my static blows + increased projectlines from lmp i should have about the same dps as you do (until you get those static blow passives :P).
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 26, 2014, 1:19:35 PM
Krayken can you show more info about your build? Tree, gear, gems? Thx
Hi Tom, any chance you could post a lvl 75 build for the current 1.2 xpack please, i am unsure what to pick atm.
"
Felth wrote:
Krayken can you show more info about your build? Tree, gear, gems? Thx

Sure, heres my planned tree at lvl 95 (only lvl 87 so far) :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QL-s1crvYJtGZf0CPQti30YUlPAVB_Hl5U9X2pDvOoreEyzLJwtHysNBAcRLZUgQkvr5IPbfIPB84XFXypVxs36gh7fvriT2wv06TLRpwjr7k-vRUcVUNrdmuBnvSdhtQRFnQbpXcZTUvO-RtftIOFzi4wFW5_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B_Fiq9sTP_p1TwtDPfE9l4fJ-38S6yqGS5sFnKpWfPUj4cZfNnAGmebkFXkUfuqoLTzBl8_458nL-8OvJ-nhBo4Zp760n7igFZPfVFgNunjahcvhtEksICk

Here's my gear :

Should get me 63% block and 60% spell block (61 if lucky i didnt do the full rounding math). I might sacrifice the last 3 block nodes for more HP im not too sure yet. And damn i just realized i have 443 STR so i could drop the +30 str node for something else. My only regret is that i can't find a way to get the inner force passives. Maybe if i drop the last 3 block nodes and the +30 str node and got up to lvl 96... Not sure if that would be worth it though.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 26, 2014, 5:05:22 PM
Here is my non rt crit mjölner witch skill tree.

Works pretty well. And heres my gear too.

Spoiler

Why no resolute techninue? I didnt like it also this way i can use my atziri gloves which give me reflect immunity, crit multiplier op + i can replenish my flask in an instant.

Edit. Im still trying to min max my tree so it may still change and look just weird.
IGN: Reoxy
Last edited by Reoxy on Aug 26, 2014, 7:13:53 PM
"
Reoxy wrote:

Spoiler

Why no resolute techninue? I didnt like it also this way i can use my atziri gloves which give me reflect immunity, crit multiplier op + i can replenish my flask in an instant.

Edit. Im still trying to min max my tree so it may still change and look just weird.

Imo criting is counter-productive with this build because you won't generate nearly as many charges via romira's. Im pretty sure you end up with far less discharge procs which probably means less dps.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 26, 2014, 9:52:41 PM
pls refresh scion skill tree
When u will update the scion passive
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Reoxy wrote:

Spoiler

Imo criting is counter-productive with this build because you won't generate nearly as many charges via romira's. Im pretty sure you end up with far less discharge procs which probably means less dps.

Mjölner crit chance is so low that it almost never crits, pretty much always full charges. The only thing that makes it proc less often is my accuracy which is 81%, but the crits more than makes it up to me.
IGN: Reoxy
"
Reoxy wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Reoxy wrote:

Spoiler

Mjölner crit chance is so low that it almost never crits, pretty much always full charges. The only thing that makes it proc less often is my accuracy which is 81%, but the crits more than makes it up to me.

With 5% crit chance, the only way to make it up for it is to have a 300% crit multi, and you're still losing the charges when you actually crit, so make it 350%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info