[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
goat4dinner wrote:
did my first atziri run last night. it was awesome. no deaths on first to bosses and 1 death on atziri cuz i was a n00b and hit the wrong flask. went in again and killed her. easiest build for kills ive tried so far.

LOVE how you can just use your topaz and then nuke your butt off during reflect phase.

What level were you? Using the low life or budget version?
Hi there!
Thanks for the very nice guide, with plenty of info!

I had a mjolner drop some time ago and I was thinking of doing something similar to your build.
Since I'm not very rich, I will follow the path of budget build.

Since I have a Daresso chest and Blood Dance boots, wouldn't that give me all three charge types in combat for full discharge? Do you think there are disadvantages to go with that setup?

Thanks again for your insight.
"
janinja wrote:
Hi there!
Thanks for the very nice guide, with plenty of info!

I had a mjolner drop some time ago and I was thinking of doing something similar to your build.
Since I'm not very rich, I will follow the path of budget build.

Since I have a Daresso chest and Blood Dance boots, wouldn't that give me all three charge types in combat for full discharge? Do you think there are disadvantages to go with that setup?

Thanks again for your insight.

You don't need Daresso - just Voll's Devotion.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I just reached level 60 and equipped a Mjolner, I then speed run trough most of act 1 melting everything on my path.

Still life based with no RF but the damage output is insane even with crap gear and only Haste as aura.

If anyone is interested I'll post my experience while leveling and my take on the build once I'll switch to low life at level 69!

It won't be as uber as the gifs for the next few levels but it won't be needed due to easy content and all that!

All in all awesome build and incredible DPS, I even think it's comparable to that of Low Life Spectral Throw, but much more fun and flashy! :D
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Hi Tom94, great work bro with this build.

I have one question, How do you achive the 96% Fire Res in the low life build?

I'm triying in Ambush with Witch (I know is not the best char for this build) and like much i can get 93%

this is my tree:

items
Spoiler

Thx!!!
IGN Now with MssDeath
Last edited by aaresmi on Jun 21, 2014, 7:21:16 AM
"
aaresmi wrote:

I'm triying in Ambush with Witch (I know is not the best char for this build) and like much i can get 93%

Let me see if I can help ya a bit here:

75% base Fire Resist
+4 from tree (Elemental Adapt + 2% Resist from Mara area)
+8 from RotP shield

That gives you 87% FR, and where you get the rest is going to be from the Purity of Fire gem. Normally, you'd only be able to get 4% max from them gem, but if you corrupt it, get a level 21 PoF, and then use a level 3 Empower gem, then you push it up to level 23, which grants you 5% max FR. This can also be done with an Alpha's Howl + lvl 21 PoF, or even a "The Vertex" helm, which gives +1 to all gems in it, so a level 21 PoF and a level 2 Empower linked together works. But anyways...little sidetracking there.

Where you need to get the rest from is from the Aura/Self Buff passives (Inner Force or even Holy Strength). A little more math here:

1. With a 4% max FR PoF gem, you'd need 25% increments to boost the %FR up by one point. So if you had aura/self buff increases totaling 50%, then you'd be getting 6% max FR, or at 75% you'd have +7% max FR.

2. If you get the PoF to a base 5% max FR, then you only need 20% increments to boost it up another %FR. So, if you had 80% aura/self buffs, then you'd be looking at 9% max FR when casting the aura.

Looking at your tree, you've got about 91% increased aura/self buffs on you. If you're running a 4% PoF gem, then it'll be this:

4.00 * 1.91 = 7.64%

However, because this isn't a whole number, the calculation will actually ROUND DOWN to just 7%, though if you're getting 93% then doesn't seem to match up with the aura/self buffs you've taken. However, that all said, if you are using a 4% RoF gem (I can't tell since you don't have it linked) then you actually have too much in terms of self buffs via the Inner Force cluster, which is actually doing more harm than good. As stated above, with the 4% gem, you only need a total of 75% buffs to work:

4.00 * 1.75 = 7.00%

Drop the 15% Inner Force node and you'll be sitting at 76%, which is right where you should be. All the 15% is doing (while it helping your other auras, mind you) is increasing the RF burning damage on you and you're not getting enough compensation for that extra damage to yourself. NOW, WITH ALL THAT SAID...basically, if you want to achieve higher max FR, then you're going to have to either get lucky on a corruption attempt on your PoF gem, link with a level 3 Empower, use an Alpha's Howl with the corrupted PoF, or use 'The Vertex' mask and slot both PoF and an Empower gem in there so that you achieve a level 23 PoF to get that extra % max FR.

After that, follow the calculations above and you should get higher totals of max FR.
Spoiler
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
aaresmi wrote:

Let me see if I can help ya a bit here:

75% base Fire Resist
+4 from tree (Elemental Adapt + 2% Resist from Mara area)
+8 from RotP shield

That gives you 87% FR, and where you get the rest is going to be from the Purity of Fire gem. Normally, you'd only be able to get 4% max from them gem, but if you corrupt it, get a level 21 PoF, and then use a level 3 Empower gem, then you push it up to level 23, which grants you 5% max FR. This can also be done with an Alpha's Howl + lvl 21 PoF, or even a "The Vertex" helm, which gives +1 to all gems in it, so a level 21 PoF and a level 2 Empower linked together works. But anyways...little sidetracking there.

Where you need to get the rest from is from the Aura/Self Buff passives (Inner Force or even Holy Strength). A little more math here:

1. With a 4% max FR PoF gem, you'd need 25% increments to boost the %FR up by one point. So if you had aura/self buff increases totaling 50%, then you'd be getting 6% max FR, or at 75% you'd have +7% max FR.

2. If you get the PoF to a base 5% max FR, then you only need 20% increments to boost it up another %FR. So, if you had 80% aura/self buffs, then you'd be looking at 9% max FR when casting the aura.

Looking at your tree, you've got about 91% increased aura/self buffs on you. If you're running a 4% PoF gem, then it'll be this:

4.00 * 1.91 = 7.64%

However, because this isn't a whole number, the calculation will actually ROUND DOWN to just 7%, though if you're getting 93% then doesn't seem to match up with the aura/self buffs you've taken. However, that all said, if you are using a 4% RoF gem (I can't tell since you don't have it linked) then you actually have too much in terms of self buffs via the Inner Force cluster, which is actually doing more harm than good. As stated above, with the 4% gem, you only need a total of 75% buffs to work:

4.00 * 1.75 = 7.00%

Drop the 15% Inner Force node and you'll be sitting at 76%, which is right where you should be. All the 15% is doing (while it helping your other auras, mind you) is increasing the RF burning damage on you and you're not getting enough compensation for that extra damage to yourself. NOW, WITH ALL THAT SAID...basically, if you want to achieve higher max FR, then you're going to have to either get lucky on a corruption attempt on your PoF gem, link with a level 3 Empower, use an Alpha's Howl with the corrupted PoF, or use 'The Vertex' mask and slot both PoF and an Empower gem in there so that you achieve a level 23 PoF to get that extra % max FR.

After that, follow the calculations above and you should get higher totals of max FR.

Ty very much Tanakeah for your detailed explanation. With Empower i get 96% fire res. thx again bro :-)
IGN Now with MssDeath
"
maxg wrote:
"
goat4dinner wrote:
did my first atziri run last night. it was awesome. no deaths on first to bosses and 1 death on atziri cuz i was a n00b and hit the wrong flask. went in again and killed her. easiest build for kills ive tried so far.

LOVE how you can just use your topaz and then nuke your butt off during reflect phase.

What level were you? Using the low life or budget version?

i did it at lvl 92 and i was using low life version.

running with these resists and using ris of the phoenix
fire: 96%
lightning: 88%
cold: 85%
Thinking of coming back to PoE after a break and saw your ridiculously awesome build. What do you think is the approximate cost for the whole non budget version on standard right now? I have a decently rolled legacy soul taker as most of my budget and wanted to know if I could afford the build. Thanks :)
IGN: Azuredrag, SpliTime

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
I've seen some sick builds but this really stands out!

I had the intention of not going standard anymore, instead playing 4month leagues.
However...

in standard I have this
Spoiler

And ambush gave me these
Spoiler

So, standard league, here we go again!

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info