Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

Great presentation. It definitely felt like a lot of work went into this one, and I loved the growth montage showing the character at various levels as it was built up.
Last edited by pneuma on May 6, 2014, 12:47:30 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:

Also I got no idea how you can get gear like that within 2 weeks of a hardcore league. Is this what I miss out on by never trading?

You have no idea how many times Chris will run Archives when he wants to improve his character.

This build of the week may have taken a little more time than the normal one to make.

#justonemorerun

But it is PERFECT!

It's a good and well explained video, and the different skill tree stages and the explanations for the Quest-rewards as well as the recipes are superb.

This is how a build of the week should look like if it is designed for everyone including beginners.
I'm still waiting for a Veil of Night Build of the Week...
Point Blank and Iron Grip are nice too. :)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Chris wrote:

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Also I got no idea how you can get gear like that within 2 weeks of a hardcore league. Is this what I miss out on by never trading?

No trading was done to make the character.

you started with modest gear (weapon, chest, shield) but following items are WAY above average!

NEVER had helm with more than 690 armor! boots - the same, id gladly replace some of my boots on my 'completed' characters with those

and then you show us the good pieces - second 2stone ring and belt are better than what my 'finished' characters in permanent league wear after me playing for more than a year.

this gear alone is something that is impossible (Without build in ceo 'luck' or tons of peons donations) to get during 2 weeks.

but fine build. sadly players that dont trade have ZERO chances of getting such gear and as such have limited 'fun' compared to ones that do. that brings us to 'pyramid economy' theme that is offtopic..

you should once do a 'one week NO PARTY' race and see what happens to people not blessed with your rng
"
Increased Physical Damage Prefix: This recipe can be useful when you are not finding sufficient weapon upgrades. The rarity of the Rustic Sash determines the mod you will gain. The higher the rarity, the more increased physical damage +%. Be careful using this very early, as it can give your weapon a level requirement you don't yet meet.

1 Desired Weapon to Upgrade
1 Rustic Sash (Normal, Magic, Rare, Unique)
1 Blacksmith's Whetstone

Rustic Sash unique belt? Is that hinting an upcoming unique?
The gear is unusually good for a self-found character, especially starting out with an empty stash and in less than two weeks.

Inspiring build, though, thanks for posting. :)
A few mistakes in the level 72 build--Thick Skin only becomes worth it if you're also building toward Point Blank, and the Berserking cluster isn't efficient until you've expended the Duelist's attack speed nodes. Also, given the high amount of STR in the build and the reasonable likelihood of STR rolls on gear, Iron Grip is almost certainly worth two points.
"
Chris wrote:
No trading was done to make the character.

I'm having a hard time believing this was done without any trading. I've played this game far too long to believe that. Now on the other hand, if it was someone who had a level 90+ character that ripped in Invasion and had substantial gear rotting in his inventory. Then used that gear to get to 72 then I would believe you.

However, please don't give people expectations on having that gear once they hit 72 for the first time in the league.
IGN: InLegendFP
I have mixed feelings for this build of the week, since this is 99 % similar to what i was planning on running during the 2 week race, the duelist, the nodes are almost 1/1 as mine. F**k :D
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on May 6, 2014, 1:14:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info