Bonus gameplay video

We don't have any cooldowns at the moment.

The loading time in the game is actually not that quick (but the technique we used to save the video only saved a few frames of the loading screen). Having said that, the loads are still only a couple of seconds on my awesome development machine.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
We don't have any cooldowns at the moment.

The loading time in the game is actually not that quick (but the technique we used to save the video only saved a few frames of the loading screen). Having said that, the loads are still only a couple of seconds on my awesome development machine.

Sweet, that's a relief. I hate long loading times (WoW....).

Your potion system is superb at this point -- it makes people conserve their potion charges and prevents from potion spamming. The inability of carrying fully charges flasks in the inventory is fantastic. I don't think a cooldown would be needed.

Spell cooldowns? Well, some people would disagree with Blizz's choice for cooldowns on the more powerful spells. However, after watching the video with their explanation, it kind make sense. So if you guys decide to implement something like that, I wouldn't be against it. Then again, seemed like a lot of people opposed that idea and choice.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
oh so this potion thing is allready sorted out? anybody mind telling me how this works please?
ACE Member.
Last edited by oORyanOo on Aug 1, 2011, 2:05:08 AM
"
oORyanOo wrote:
oh so this potion thing is allready sorted out? anybody mind telling me how this works please?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-03-21/dev-diary-flasks
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Last edited by SpudOfDoom on Aug 1, 2011, 3:30:47 AM
Really great video, this game is looking awesome
man looks crazyyy. but wish they show some co op play
"
Daemon wrote:
man looks crazyyy. but wish they show some co op play

I think they're working on that video right now. We talked about it last week and they're getting it through.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
bkboggy is correct, just trying to work out a time with the others to show it off :)
RIP Bolto
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by georgatos7 on Aug 1, 2011, 9:25:14 PM
I was absolutely floored by this video. I've been lurking these forums since they were almost bare and watched every preview to date, but this takes the cake! Every day I've wanted to experience a bit of Wraeclast more and more. Now I don't know if I can sleep until I finally manage to log in, haha.

We all know GGG is a seriously savvy group of developers. Every feature and the reasoning behind it is so very sound and well thought out. PoE is going to be an amazing game and I've known this for a while now. The more I see of it, the more convinced I am of this. Keep on it, guys! We love you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info