Gore Glacial Cascade Effect

I don't get why ppl bother to write non-constructive criticism in thread after thread after thread. I mean just play something else god damnit... You're wasting ppl's time and probably making GGG feel bad.

Great looking effect, love the visual. I think it look a bit out of place, it doesn't fit the "ice" part of the spell however.
"
loCurnus wrote:

hm... as a coder i often use copy and paste for my code.. its faster than type in the terms again...

as a gfx dude i often use copy & paste, because these buttons are still so easy to find and been pressed really fast. hm...
if i think deeper to dis... are we not all a little bit part of a copy and pasted world?

sometimes if i did not use my c&p buttons i just feel sad, so that i have to c&p twice the next day...

so yes, c&p is a really important part of our lives, why not thinking about it? sometimes if i have spare time i sit there like a bottle of white color, thinking... "what letter should i copy today? should i use the "L", or the "e".... " this makes me happy, and after all the years there is just one important truth:

:)

YES, we are COPY & PASTE !!

I think it's fine to reuse work, but not when you're trying to sell it for additional cost.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
"
Russell wrote:

I guess that means all the fire,ice,lightning spells in the game are copy pastes of each other too. Im fine with that.

So you're saying that Freezing Pulse is copied from another portion of the game? Interesting, where from?

How about Ice Spear?

Flameblast? I remember that one being "entirely new" when it first came out... or was GGG lying?

With that's said, I think it's fine and dandy if portions of work are copied from other portions of the game, but not when you're trying to sell it.

It's not new content, it's just the same content you got for free in a different part of the game.

I had an issue with the Elite Armor set for this reason, but it was player request, so I can see the reasoning behind reusing the models.

This though? I'm not so sure. This feels like a cash grab. Especially when no effort went into changing the cast color effect on the player, or the damage effect on the enemies when hit.

Be as sarcastic as you'd like, but you can't change the fact that the Gore Glacial Cascade effect is a reused effect for the sole purpose of making money.

The difference between this and "all the fire,ice,lightning spells in the game" is that you don't have to pay to access that content.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
yeah too bad the skill is a pain in the ass on merciless.
"
whrsmycoffee wrote:
I don't get why ppl bother to write non-constructive criticism in thread after thread after thread. I mean just play something else god damnit... You're wasting ppl's time and probably making GGG feel bad.

Great looking effect, love the visual. I think it look a bit out of place, it doesn't fit the "ice" part of the spell however.

Half the complaining is ppl expressing displeasure (which IS valuable as GGG needs to know what players think of their designs) while the other half is ppl actually SUGGESTING alternate designs, which is even more useful.
Gory spiky things in da face! Great! Not-Guild-Warsy!
Copy-paste some dollars incoming :P

Thanks!!!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
This is a very bad MXT, Gore as ice makes absolutly no sense and breaks logic, Though as a previous poster said which i generally thought when clicking this thread was the gore splatter on monster hit, it could even been ice blood shattering and melting in the air.

If your running out of non Generic idea's prehaps ask the population on the forum(not reddit i refuse to use that site) and make a poll on which MXT you want to work on and give 3-5 options to the community to decide so you dont have to burn out your creativness on this Rubbish.

Watched this video again, Utter Garbage.
I cannot support the Direction of this game anymore due to the fact the PC verson of the game will be compromised due to the limitation of the console verson, which explains alot of the current state of the game.
Last edited by galihurst on Apr 23, 2014, 8:21:04 AM
I call it: Microtransaction Disaster 2014. When read name gore glacial cascade expected something like ice tainted with frozen blood depicting intensified gore upon hitting target or ice spikes with drippling around their sides blood while letting out more blood from their frzon wrath upon impact.

Dissapointed,completely dissapointed,I agree it looks nice but now its more similar to ground slam or some sort of ground spell( we aint have such spells in game anyway).The spell is called GLACIAL in its OWN NAME DAMN IT,you gave too much freedom to artists or what?Congratulations guys,you've done the impossible,created an ice spell without ice/frost/chill or anything related to cold.
Last edited by Ward on Apr 23, 2014, 9:16:03 AM
"
Ward wrote:
I call it: Microtransaction Disaster 2014. When read name gore glacial cascade expected something like ice tained with frozen blood depicting intensified gore upon hitting target or ice spikes with drippling around their sides blood while letting out more blood from their frzon wrath upon impact.

Dissapointed,completelly dissapointed,I agree it looks nice but now its more similar to ground slam or some sort of ground spell( we aint have such spells in game anyway).The spell is called GLACIAL in its OWN NAME DAMN IT,you gave too much freedom to artists or what?

oh wow.... thats hard :)

but remember you did not have to buy it.. if it does not is your taste... you can buy it, and probably you should, because if they will do another fx for it because of "disaster" you probably have a limited skill fx..

you should buy 2 of them :)

i trust the designers of the gems fx.... everyone is very nice (and sometimes such a little fx is really hard to create!!) and also if you probably copy & paste which is not really possible to dis it takes some days from the idea to the final fx.

why also you are so hard... not every fx is done for your taste, there are a lot of dudes who liked dis one, and will buy it, too... next fx maybe is your favor and some other dudes vote them down..

i think everyone should have respect for the work every of this ggg nerds are doing, also if this one is not your taste... you can spend hours & hours designing fx, sometimes there are great sometimes a little strange... who cares ...

i really thought DIS community is better than having senseless shitstorms... be a better community....

if you want to be better, be smart & polite, otherwise the community feels like the normal d3 com, and i think non of you would like to be dis.

spread the word now...

.cheeRs
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Apr 23, 2014, 9:26:06 AM
A lot of players take preference of gore over elemental looks. Not to mention, it certainly fits the gory theme of the SotV content.

I almost want to start using this spell now, simply because it doesn't look like ice anymore. I take my spell looks seriously. Fire and gore all the way! :D
Last edited by corycory225 on Apr 23, 2014, 10:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info