IGN Previews Path of Exile

Diablo came up with the formula and the DEVS called it a clone themselves... I believe at one point.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
Leissak wrote:
"
metamag wrote:
Somebody from GGG should contact TotalHalibut on youtube, he has over 400 000 subscribers and would love to play a game like this.

I agree with this 100%. Get TotalHalibut's approval on this game and plenty of those 400k subscribers will be subscribers here as well.

I would also like his opinion of it because he is a pretty intelligent and knowledgeable guy and we agree on almost everything.
If tradition holds true, I'll play Path of Exile, then get burnt out, take an action-RPG break, play Diablo 3 when it comes out... and by the time I'm burnt out on that, I'll be ready to return to Path of Exile, to try a new class or to see what mods or what changes have happened. In my opinion, the era of playing one game to death (be it Diablo 2 or an MMO like EQ/WoW) is over, and there's room for multiple games to co-exist in the same genre.

For example, a few months ago, I dug out Diablo 2 and replayed it. When I was done with it, I was still in an action-RPG mood... and preceded to replay Torchlight, Titan Quest, and Hellgate: London, then move over to Oblivion. I'll probably hit Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 next, then start the loop over if nothing new hits the radar.

If an article gets people to try the game, I call it a win. Diablo 3 could drag people away, but they'll likely be back. A good action-rpg has a very long shelf-life, and the more moddable it is, the longer that shelf-life can be. I just hope it comes out soon, before I drag myself through a 12th replay of TQ or a 19th replay of Diablo. ;)

"
Finnien wrote:
and preceded to replay Torchlight, Titan Quest, and Hellgate: London, then move over to Oblivion.

You didn't play Dungeon Siege 3?? The ARPG with the smartest and smoothest combat system??
Id be happy to play Path of Exile AND Diablo III.

i like the dark look of this game, i hope it stays a dark game.

Ive missed the look of Dark looking Diablo the first one
I will not let these beast stand in my way!!!
"
bkboggy wrote:
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I know more about the game mechanics than the author and I have yet to play the game.

Author plays the alpha... so yeah.

Ha, yeah that was the point I was going for. I should have put a (who has the alpha) after author.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Jul 31, 2011, 10:19:50 AM
I'll be honest from what I have seen from Diablo 3 I think people will be disappointed. I think PoE will be a better game.
"
Zgore wrote:
I'll be honest from what I have seen from Diablo 3 I think people will be disappointed. I think PoE will be a better game.

Yes, I got that impression too. But that's only from watching all the videos, actually playing could be a whole different story...
"
Zgore wrote:

At this point, I have to agree with you. Diablo 3 is looking more of an ARPG version of WoW... but then again, none of us have played it, so who knows. Most of us also haven't played PoE. So... we just have to wait and see.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
metamag wrote:
Somebody from GGG should contact TotalHalibut on youtube, he has over 400 000 subscribers and would love to play a game like this.

Yeah this is a great idea. GGG will know when its best to give it to him, be it during beta, or after release, but definitely get it into his hands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info