IGN Previews Path of Exile

Anthony from IGN has been playing the Alpha build of Path of Exile and has posted a preview with his thoughts of the game so far.

You may have noticed some site outages over the last hour. The surge of traffic from this article helped us find a problem with our site setup that we are resolving now.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 27, 2011, 8:42:21 PM
Path of Exile: The Free-to-Play Diablo

It's good to have another article for new people to find the game but I found it very annoying to read how they call it a diablo clone every few sentences =(
"
DoDoBird wrote:
Path of Exile: The Free-to-Play Diablo

It's good to have another article for new people to find the game but I found it very annoying to read how they call it a diablo clone every few sentences =(

Yeah, annoyed me too :<
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
Me too. I guess the title is ok to draw the people in but he didn't have to mention it so much.
RIP Bolto
It's written as if Path of Exile is just a game that you'll be playing while waiting for Diablo 3.

While for some people that might be the case, I don't plan on quitting Path of Exile the second I can play Diablo 3. Path of Exile offers a lot of things I know Diablo 3 won't.
I was wondering why the forum was acting up. For a one page article I felt that it was pretty fair. There's nothing there that most of the alpha testers haven't already brought up in their own previews though.
Forum Sheriff
Yeah I kinda got the idea that the author was stating that this was just something to hold people over who are waiting for D3. I don't think that is the case for the majority of the people that have been religiously following this games development.
I made a comment on the article "Dyer1981" is my name, trying to clarify some of the glossing over he gave. Specifically about the orb system and skill system (he didn't mention the mod gems at all unless I missed it), and I tried to push for a "this isn't a snack before D3, its a meal of itself" kind of vibe.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I made a comment on the article "Dyer1981" is my name, trying to clarify some of the glossing over he gave. Specifically about the orb system and skill system (he didn't mention the mod gems at all unless I missed it), and I tried to push for a "this isn't a snack before D3, its a meal of itself" kind of vibe.

Thanks!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

Just read your post and thought it was really good, should copy/paste it here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info