Molten Strike Preview Video

goodness gracious, great balls of fire!
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Amazing skill! I want a character using that as main skill!!!!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
SOOOOO EPIC
Looks pretty sweet! Hope it works out well.
Great work on the visuals for this, much improvement over anything else currently in the game, especially for a melee skill.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
I was hoping for a dual wield AOE skill. Ah well.
"
Exile009 wrote:
It actually looks something like a combination of Infernal Blow and Ground Slam with a fancy lava effect. But unlike IB, it does a flat damage amount rather than being based off of the monsters hp (actually making it a weaker attack, I suspect) and unlike Ground Slam, it doesn't seem to extend very far or uniformly/reliably hit (though Increased AoE may fix the range somewhat, but the base range looks kinda small so that'll reduce its effectiveness. Also Inc. AoE eats up a support slot, reducing dmg potential). All in all, while it LOOKS cool, I'm not sure of how good it'll be when it comes down to the actual mechanics i.e. as an effective skill. It's competing with two VERY WELL ESTABLISHED skills here.

I was actually wondering what kind of new melee skill GGG was going to come up with since in my mind all the conventional ARPG melee skills are already in the game (leaving out mid-range things like a Brutus-like hookshot or flail-like attacks). I'm not sure if this skill really counts as fundamentally different mechanics-wise, but I guess we'll see when it's introduced and we get to play with it and understand how it works (Glacial Cascade, for instance, did have an interesting sweet spot mechanic). Anyway, looking forward to it. :)

And that Devourer thread is AWESOME! Go Russell!! :D

Ground slam 2.0,i think it's going to be as useless as ground slam is...haven't seen a good skill so far since spectral throw.. :\
"
mmmonszter wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
It actually looks something like a combination of Infernal Blow and Ground Slam with a fancy lava effect. But unlike IB, it does a flat damage amount rather than being based off of the monsters hp (actually making it a weaker attack, I suspect) and unlike Ground Slam, it doesn't seem to extend very far or uniformly/reliably hit (though Increased AoE may fix the range somewhat, but the base range looks kinda small so that'll reduce its effectiveness. Also Inc. AoE eats up a support slot, reducing dmg potential). All in all, while it LOOKS cool, I'm not sure of how good it'll be when it comes down to the actual mechanics i.e. as an effective skill. It's competing with two VERY WELL ESTABLISHED skills here.

I was actually wondering what kind of new melee skill GGG was going to come up with since in my mind all the conventional ARPG melee skills are already in the game (leaving out mid-range things like a Brutus-like hookshot or flail-like attacks). I'm not sure if this skill really counts as fundamentally different mechanics-wise, but I guess we'll see when it's introduced and we get to play with it and understand how it works (Glacial Cascade, for instance, did have an interesting sweet spot mechanic). Anyway, looking forward to it. :)

And that Devourer thread is AWESOME! Go Russell!! :D

Ground slam 2.0,i think it's going to be as useless as ground slam is...haven't seen a good skill so far since spectral throw.. :\

There will always be skills which are more effectiv than others. I prefer the variety and accept the fact that some skills are worse than others. Also all skills are more than viable (at least the new ones).
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Apr 22, 2014, 1:40:09 PM
Looks fun. Hopefully it'll be usable with 1H blades and such, since they've got jack shit in the "Cool elemental attacks" department.

(Elemental hit isn't a real skill, it's a mana-hungry version of the default attack)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info