Molten Strike Preview Video

It actually looks something like a combination of Infernal Blow and Ground Slam with a fancy lava effect. But unlike IB, it does a flat damage amount rather than being based off of the monsters hp (actually making it a weaker attack, I suspect) and unlike Ground Slam, it doesn't seem to extend very far or uniformly/reliably hit (though Increased AoE may fix the range somewhat, but the base range looks kinda small so that'll reduce its effectiveness. Also Inc. AoE eats up a support slot, reducing dmg potential). All in all, while it LOOKS cool, I'm not sure of how good it'll be when it comes down to the actual mechanics i.e. as an effective skill. It's competing with two VERY WELL ESTABLISHED skills here.

I was actually wondering what kind of new melee skill GGG was going to come up with since in my mind all the conventional ARPG melee skills are already in the game (leaving out mid-range things like a Brutus-like hookshot or flail-like attacks). I'm not sure if this skill really counts as fundamentally different mechanics-wise, but I guess we'll see when it's introduced and we get to play with it and understand how it works (Glacial Cascade, for instance, did have an interesting sweet spot mechanic). Anyway, looking forward to it. :)

And that Devourer thread is AWESOME! Go Russell!! :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 22, 2014, 2:31:44 AM
does it can be used with axes?
cause my templar is actually specialized in two handed axes and I would love being able to use that
groundslam 2.0 ?

basically groundslam with fire aoe
That magma... Great looking ! :o
Very beautifull skill.
Amazing.
Ball Lightning where?! D:
"
kazegenso wrote:
Ball Lightning where?! D:

everywhere
IGN TylordRampage
Looks interesting!

Also, Lightning Ball is PoE's equivalent of Frozen Orb.
Pants of Textile
I fear it's like glacial cascade, too small aoe and you need to recast it / repositioning yourself too many times to hit all the mobs... we'll see
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
I smell a good synergy with AoF being a possibility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info