[Official] WINE info thread

Do you know where I can find screenshots taken in-game when using the Lutris setup? There is nothing in the game directory, the Screenshots folder is empty, and I can't see them anywhere else either.

Unlike the PlayOnLinux setup, this one has the game folder with screenshots and filters deep in a Windows-like path, and I liked the other setup better in this regard, as files was put directly in Documents/My Games/etc...

Would be nice to find the screenshots though, instead of needing to take them with PrntScr (on Linux Mint there is then a dialogue box for naming and saving it).
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Do you know where I can find screenshots taken in-game when using the Lutris setup? There is nothing in the game directory, the Screenshots folder is empty, and I can't see them anywhere else either.

Unlike the PlayOnLinux setup, this one has the game folder with screenshots and filters deep in a Windows-like path, and I liked the other setup better in this regard, as files was put directly in Documents/My Games/etc...

Would be nice to find the screenshots though, instead of needing to take them with PrntScr (on Linux Mint there is then a dialogue box for naming and saving it).

I don't know if Lutris does anything special but you should be able to find where the /My Games/Path of Exile directory is generated by going to winecfg of the relevant wineprefix and checking where the My Documents folder is linked to in the Desktop Integration tab.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:

I don't know if Lutris does anything special but you should be able to find where the /My Games/Path of Exile directory is generated by going to winecfg of the relevant wineprefix and checking where the My Documents folder is linked to in the Desktop Integration tab.

Believe I'm looking at the right folder. It has all the other files, and cache and shopimages get updated, the filter is here, but oddly enough the screenshots folder is empty. I've looked high and low but can't find an alternative place for them. It's a small problem compared with the game actually running great now, but as I like to take screenshots if something special happens, or to report a bot or whatever, it would be better if it worked properly without having to use the PrintScreen function.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere that is wrong that causes this, I don't know. But if anybody else run into this issue and find out how to solve it, please report about it here so I can get it sorted too :)

My Documents doesn't appear to be linked to anything, so that may be it. But shouldn't the rest of the game files not get updated as well then, like shop images and suchlike? Everything else but screenshots go into the right folder.
200 pages of linux and wine discussion is great to see! Unfortunately the OP isn't updated since 2013 and doesn't have any kind of summary. Is there a post in this thread that brings 200 pages of lessons-learned together into an informative post?

Here's some external resources:

Exe args that are meant for Windows but could help linux.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

Some Reddit threads that seem to all agree on 64bit, no GLSL, w/ CSMT..but its gets fuzzy from there.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7fgx2j/playing_poe_on_ubuntu/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7fkwwj/guide_to_play_poe_on_linux_with_64bit_and_dx9/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7s3577/guide_path_of_exile_v312_on_linux_antergos_v181/

Personally, I have the game running mostly OK but get a lot of stuttering that feels like it is loading new art resources but isn't entirely resolved by the launch options '--waitforpreload --gc 2 --noasync'
I've read through a lot of this thread to try to get the game running well on Linux, looking for tips that could help. Don't think there is any summary or overview, things have changed rapidly, but I'd say the by far most important recent development is the esync trick that is mentioned below.
"
Kemichal wrote:
"
ToriVega wrote:
Silly question: is WINEESYNC=1 environment variable or command line option? To put it bluntly, where do I type it to turn esync on?

It's an env variable.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
Kemichal wrote:
esync-3.12 is now published on lutris. I tried it out and my FPS is better and MUCH more stable, no stuttering for me!

How do I update to esync in Lutris? Or do I need to re-install?

I'm currently running the game via PlayOnLinux with DX9Ex. It works great for a while, but has the pretty annoying virtual memory problem, so the game crashes regularly. Tried Lutris earlier with ge-3.6, but it stuttered like hell and was unplayable. If this new version makes it playable without crashing every 20-30 minutes, that would be brilliant.

Lutris -> Manage runners -> Wine -> Manage versions -> double click esync-3.12 (for me it takes a while before it starts to show the download)

This poe install was updated just a few minutes ago and makes all the necessary configs for you.
https://lutris.net/games/install/6653/view

Install the game from the Lutris script. I'm using the top version; standalone with DXVK. The game runs perfectly for me now, and all the crashes are gone. It's so wonderful to be able to play the game for hours on end without restarts/crashes every 20-30 minutes.

Just a quick note about your launch options; it should be -gc 2 (with a single dash).

It's stuck for a while now. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Last edited by TheEmperorOfSword on Aug 2, 2018, 4:56:17 PM
"
It's stuck for a while now. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Not entirely sure, but maybe that can happen if the 'runner' hasn't been installed beforehand?

Lutris (menu) -> Manage runners -> (scroll down to Wine) -> Manage versions -> select esync-3.13
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Aug 2, 2018, 5:07:39 PM

I fixed it then this happened.
"
(snip)
I fixed it then this happened.

You should check the console output -- if you're using Lutris run it from a terminal, and enable Runner > Output debugging info. You're probably missing libpng12, so install it with your package manager (install both the 64 and 32 bit versions).
So I installed from the lutris script, use 0.64 DXVK and enabled esync. I'm running DX11 on lowest settings. I still got massive microfreezes. So hard, i cant use any flasks while fighting. Do you also have these and just get comfortable with it? Or do you have any ideas how to fix them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info