[Official] WINE info thread

Had to rebuild my machine, got it working now with glsl. 40-60fps with vsync (well 63 with poe vsync). Combat dips. Worst is my cospri coc, 2nd worst is my icestorm/firestorm but my totems and summons seem to work great. Cyclone lags like every time i hit them, but when my totem hits i get no lag

How do you change your GC setting? Im new to linux and wine, im not ever sure what it is.

Thanks
Last edited by Chadwixx on Nov 4, 2016, 6:24:21 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Had to rebuild my machine, got it working now with glsl. 40-60fps with vsync (well 63 with poe vsync). Combat dips. Worst is my cospri coc, 2nd worst is my icestorm/firestorm but my totems and summons seem to work great. Cyclone lags like every time i hit them, but when my totem hits i get no lag

How do you change your GC setting? Im new to linux and wine, im not ever sure what it is.

Thanks

It is a command line parameter. You just have to pass it somehow to PathOfExile.exe. The exact method depends on whether you're using playonlinux or just plain wine.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Thanks

For playonlinux, click Path of Exile, Configure, General Tab, enter "-gc 100" into the Arguments field.
Last edited by hochl on Nov 4, 2016, 7:53:38 PM
"
hochl wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Thanks

For playonlinux, click Path of Exile, Configure, General Tab, enter "-gc 100" into the Arguments field.

Thanks a ton :) I noticed the new mobs dont lag nearly as much, when i click a chest or essence its like they had to load before.

I dont think playonlinux is optimized for ssd speed, while it runs great, going town to town and new instances still feels like 7200 speeds. Is there a component/plug in for acpi and ssd's? On a virtual machine i would assume a local hd controller would be handy.

Thanks again, day 4 using linux only (win10 decided to have bad config, 4 hours to install an os (with updates that probably wont work isnt good), everything works perfectly except my video games on peppermint
Last edited by Chadwixx on Nov 5, 2016, 1:55:57 AM
I added Physx, sounded like the one that installs with nvidia exe. Seems decent.

Anyone try that one using an nvidia card?
Wauv, -gc 100" makes the game much more smoother and for much longer time. I do get permanent slowdows sometimes, but a restart every 40 minutes, is way batter than every 10 minutes.

I'm fairly sure that only nvidia users should disable GLSL (but they really should).

I don't think the game can use PhysX in any way.
Quick question.

I've got POE installed on a separate SSD I use for games. But whenever I launch POE from it's own directory it wont run. Instead it goes through the whole allocating resources and downloads a new copy to my home dir and then runs. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.
"
a0TheVE wrote:
Quick question.

I've got POE installed on a separate SSD I use for games. But whenever I launch POE from it's own directory it wont run. Instead it goes through the whole allocating resources and downloads a new copy to my home dir and then runs. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Make sure you have specified the correct Wineprefix. Either drop `export WINEPREFIX=/path/to/your/Wine/dir` in your .bashrc / .zshrc (or whatever you're using) to make this the default Wineprefix on your system or specify it directly before launching, like `WINEPREFIX=/path/to/your/Wine/dir wine PathOfExile.exe`
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Nov 8, 2016, 8:11:20 AM
If your on nvidia and have horizontal tearing do this. Poe is running good now (hit a 250 spike today and not going too low), the tearing was consistent and annoying. Something about pipeline

https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,4389.0.html

Unfortunately, this is a common problem with Nvidia graphics, but not one that's difficult to fix. Run this command in the terminal:

Code: [Select]

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {
ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"

If the screen tearing goes away, good. Continue on to the next step, which will make it permanent.

Run this command in the terminal:

sudo nvidia-xconfig

Then this:

sudo pluma /etc/X11/xorg.conf

That will open a text file. Scroll down to where it says Section "Screen"

There should be a line that says Default Depth 24

Under that line, copy and paste this line into the file:

Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"

(be sure to line it up with the Default Depth 24 line)

Save the file and close it. After that, the screen tearing should go away and stay away, even after you reboot.
2.4.2 seems to break things for Wine. On the 32-bit version, the 3D view flickers madly. The login screen background still stays at least partially visible most of the time, but for the game itself the screen is just mostly black, with graphics occasionally flickering into view. The UI works just fine, as do interactions with the game if you can click the right thing.

The 64-bit version does not work at all because of lack of DX11 support in Wine.

This was with Wine 1.9.16. I will try again with 1.9.23 once it has finished installing.

Update: 1.9.23 does not run even the 32-bit version. It crashes after the launcher somewhere inside the wined3d library, a couple calls down from wined3d_swapchain_create.
Last edited by databeaver on Nov 18, 2016, 5:42:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info