[Official] WINE info thread

"
Kellog wrote:
Out of interest, is anyone having the regen issues, not using an Nvidia GPU with proprietary drivers?

AMD/open source here.
"
GamingRendo wrote:
I e-mailed Chris, explaining the regen issues, linked him to the WineHQ stuff and some other things and this was his response.

"
Chris Wilson
7:39 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me
I'll talk to the team about it this week and will hopefully get a fix for you!

Cautiously optimistic about it, so hopefully we'll have some good news in the next week or two. :)

Any news about that?

Also, the fps drop also happens with ES which is amazingly annoying if you are leveling and have gear with around 20ES or so on you... It just regs all the effing time :( 10fps wohooo I just rip'd to that, pretty much done with the league again after maybe 3 hours of playtime in total :(
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
"
quirx wrote:
"
GamingRendo wrote:
I e-mailed Chris, explaining the regen issues, linked him to the WineHQ stuff and some other things and this was his response.

"
Chris Wilson
7:39 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me
I'll talk to the team about it this week and will hopefully get a fix for you!

Cautiously optimistic about it, so hopefully we'll have some good news in the next week or two. :)

Any news about that?

Also, the fps drop also happens with ES which is amazingly annoying if you are leveling and have gear with around 20ES or so on you... It just regs all the effing time :( 10fps wohooo I just rip'd to that, pretty much done with the league again after maybe 3 hours of playtime in total :(

I was going to e-mail Chris again by mid-week for an update, if any.
"
GamingRendo wrote:

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hold your breath. If these forums and Reddit are any indicator, they have more than enough on their plate with the Windows client.

Personally, I've given up playing, at least for now. whilst my latency is pretty constant, zones take forever to load and I'm getting fps drop to zero every 20 seconds or so, even standing in hideout. I did some tests with standard Wine and Wine-Staging with CSMT but they were both considerably worse than the gallium-nine I've been using.
In the official Wine App DB for this game the current instructions suggest using https://github.com/MuxaJIbI4/libggpk to edit content.ggpk.

Can anyone help me work out how to get this toolset running? I notice it's C, but I don't have anything that compiles that, what do I need to get this going?
"
Blaiz0r wrote:
In the official Wine App DB for this game the current instructions suggest using https://github.com/MuxaJIbI4/libggpk to edit content.ggpk.

Can anyone help me work out how to get this toolset running? I notice it's C, but I don't have anything that compiles that, what do I need to get this going?

Using a tool to modify the content.ggpk is against GGG's ToS. You're risking your account by doing it. Give Chris and the team a few more days, I'll reach out for an update in a few days. It sucks, but I think it's best to wait a few days then risk your account.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
GamingRendo wrote:

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hold your breath. If these forums and Reddit are any indicator, they have more than enough on their plate with the Windows client.

According to today's Q&A, they do want to support multiple graphics APIs - that will help *a lot* as they'll have to iron out API-specific bugs. This is something that improves our chances without them explicitly spending money on Linux fixes.

For now, I think the hope is that whatever is plaguing us is a simple fix that just hasn't been spotted on Windows, for whatever reason - rather than an expectation of lots of work from GGG. I have hope ;)

"

Personally, I've given up playing, at least for now. whilst my latency is pretty constant, zones take forever to load and I'm getting fps drop to zero every 20 seconds or so, even standing in hideout. I did some tests with standard Wine and Wine-Staging with CSMT but they were both considerably worse than the gallium-nine I've been using.

I'm finding Evasion/Acrobatics characters mostly playable - not getting hit means no regen lag :P
Hello,

just sharing my experience here...
i have been struggling a lot to get the game playable since the 2.3.x patches. I tried reducing graphics levels, using waitforpreload, noasync.... nothing did the trick, fps was 100+ in town and in maps (campaign) when doing nothing. As soon as I started fighting, fps went down, even reaching sometimes a "freeze" during a couple of seconds.

I just tried running the game without sound (-ns command line argument) and the game runs smoothly now (max settings, no shadows). I havbe been able to do my dailies and did 2 maps (campaign) without seeing the fps going below 20.

my specs:
WINE: 1.9.11
Gentoo 64bits
Nvidia 367.27

--> something no right with the sound architecture?
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
"
GamingRendo wrote:

According to today's Q&A, they do want to support multiple graphics APIs - that will help *a lot* as they'll have to iron out API-specific bugs. This is something that improves our chances without them explicitly spending money on Linux fixes.

For now, I think the hope is that whatever is plaguing us is a simple fix that just hasn't been spotted on Windows, for whatever reason - rather than an expectation of lots of work from GGG. I have hope ;)

If they do eventually add support for Vulcan it will probably be a tremendous boost for us as well as a good alternative for those who wish to stay with Windows but not Windows10.

"

I'm finding Evasion/Acrobatics characters mostly playable - not getting hit means no regen lag :P

I've only played one character in Prophecy and that's an EQ thumper. I'll have to take a look a some of my characters in Standard and see how they play with Evasion/Acro
"
observ wrote:
Hello,

just sharing my experience here...
i have been struggling a lot to get the game playable since the 2.3.x patches. I tried reducing graphics levels, using waitforpreload, noasync.... nothing did the trick, fps was 100+ in town and in maps (campaign) when doing nothing. As soon as I started fighting, fps went down, even reaching sometimes a "freeze" during a couple of seconds.

I just tried running the game without sound (-ns command line argument) and the game runs smoothly now (max settings, no shadows). I havbe been able to do my dailies and did 2 maps (campaign) without seeing the fps going below 20.

my specs:
WINE: 1.9.11
Gentoo 64bits
Nvidia 367.27

--> something no right with the sound architecture?

Are you using Pulseaudio? I found disabling sound entirely had little overall effect, although disabling reverb, as suggested elsewhere on these forums, did seem to make a small difference. I haven't tied with straight Alsa, as getting my bluetooth headset working without pulse is a complete pain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info