[Official] WINE info thread

Not the sound here. Still low FPS. I mean, PoE never ran perfectly, but since Awakening it's gotten worse.
I hope GGG or the Wine people can somehow fix it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Chris responded to that reddit comment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/49kck4/top_tier_pc_fps_lags_titan_x_sli_help_please/d3wxeqd

"
I know this is an older comment, but was this ever deployed? I scoured over the patch notes and couldn't find anything regarding it, or anything posted by Jonathan.
This is more for information for Linux users that have been plagued with issues since 2.2. The Wine thread has quite a few people still experiencing issues related to regen, stutter, and general FPS issues with combat.

"
Yes, but the improvement was only modest.

The disappoints. :( Guess we'll just have to wait for any patches in the next few days that could address this issue.
I recently installed POE on my linux Mint 17.3 partition using wine. the install and updating occurred with no errors but trying to launch POE the initial client loads then immediatly quits with no errors given. does anyone have experience with this occurring? if so some Ideas and pointing in the right direction to fix it would be most appreciated.

the machine specs are:

amd Phenom x6
radeon R7 360 video card
8gb of ram
Last edited by SimianJyhad on Jun 5, 2016, 4:36:16 PM
^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Nov 4, 2017, 5:08:11 PM
I can confirm that using --nosound restores performance to pre-2.3 levels.
^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Nov 4, 2017, 5:08:28 PM
Can anyone with FPS problems add --nopreload as a launch parameter and report the results? Saw this in reddit, tried for ~20 minutes before 2.3.0e patch and everything was running smoothly.

EDIT: managed to do 1st ascendancy, went to 2nd and game started stuttering again. So --nopreload is not a valid fix, at least not for me.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Jun 8, 2016, 3:40:19 AM
Chris made a post on reddit about using --waitforpreload and see if that helps with performance/stuttering. It had no impact on my performance except my initial load time was 40+ seconds instead of 2-3. Hitting a pack of monsters, getting hit, regen, all caused the same issues.
2.3.0e
regen bug still persists
stutters still persist, even when launching with
-ns --waitforpreload

arch, i5 2500k, GTX 780, 16gb ram
Last edited by lilypaad on Jun 8, 2016, 7:20:16 AM
On 3.16.7-35-desktop x86_64 GNU/Linux openSUSE 13.2
gtx860m 4gb
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
8Gb RAM
drivers proprietary 352.63
using primusrun/bumblembee
wine from playonlinux 1.9.11
otherwise used setup from the wiki (i.e. with winetricks -q vcrun2015 ....etc)
i tried -ns, -gc 3 and -gc 5, --nopreload (doesnt manage to load into city apparently), --waitforpreload

it all looks pretty much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0qAf4Tw0Y (no sound recorded, but it was on)

skip to 1 minute for direct gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0qAf4Tw0Y&t=1m

Maybe it is hard to see but the game runs relatively smoothly as long as i do not cast anything and there's no combat etc. There are still some stutters but the game is basically at 60 fps *if nothing happens*.

otherwise, 1-10fps as can be seen.

I was fine up to patch 2.2.
I had stable 60 fps with drops to 30 at most. I was even more stable than people on Windows with similar or better hardware...
After 2.2 it was like this and has not changed since.
I know Linux/Wine is not officially supported and the whole problem might even be due to the VCRuntume 2015 which is not really implemented in Wine (and that was added with the "compiler improvements" in 2.2).

It cannot be much though, since the severe fps drops only happen during fights, when I cast something... I suspect it's just one or two retardedly implemented functions lagging stuff out. Sadly debugging in wine is impossible; I'd like to get a list of called functions and the time they took on average and which functions they called... something that's easy with anything that runs natively. Ah well. PoE used to be nice nice.

If anyone has a similar-looking problem and fixed it, please let me know.

Another thing:
Up to 2.2 i was able to use the wine-1.7.27-pathofexile version from playonlinux. It was specially patched... Anyone have an idea what these patches where and whether they can be integrated into a modern version of wine to try if they resolve the current issues?
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
Last edited by quirx on Jun 8, 2016, 1:43:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info