[Official] WINE info thread

"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
"
joseca wrote:
Can someone help me? I'm having trouble with wine vcrun2015. I'm not sure how to copy the error message from the playonlinux shell, but it seems to be that it cant read a .png because its not finding libpng12.so.0

This should take you to a ss of the error message:
http://pasteboard.co/1AdrWXVL.png

You need to install libpng. On Arch Linux it is available from AUR (1.2), on Ubuntu it seems that you just have to install libpng package (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libpng).

I just might be retarded for not mentioning that I do have it installed, but its not finding it.Also, I'm on fedora 23. Also again, when I go to "Install components" on the virtual drive, and choose vcrun2005, it seems to install fine, but winetricks -q vcrun2005 on the playonlinux shell gives me that error.
Last edited by joseca on Jun 10, 2016, 9:27:52 PM
Ok, I dont know what I did exactly, but I managed to do this whole guide now, and launch it: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine
But now, when I launch it, I get up to the character selection screen, (Although the login screen background animation is not there, its just black, but the deal of the day and the text/hud is there.) and as I enter the game, it loads for a bit and then crashes with "Unable to create texture. 00D53AAC audio format unsupported", and I'm stuck here. Any help?
"
joseca wrote:
Ok, I dont know what I did exactly, but I managed to do this whole guide now, and launch it: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine
But now, when I launch it, I get up to the character selection screen, (Although the login screen background animation is not there, its just black, but the deal of the day and the text/hud is there.) and as I enter the game, it loads for a bit and then crashes with "Unable to create texture. 00D53AAC audio format unsupported", and I'm stuck here. Any help?

This is just a shot in the dark, but I suppose that PoL installed PoE on a 32-bit wineprefix. So make sure you have all the relevant 32-bit libraries installed. For sound they are lib32-alsa-lib, lib32-alsa-plugins, if you're using Pulseaudio (I suppose Fedora ships with it by default) lib32-libpulse. For good measure check if you also have 32-bit graphics libraries installed. I have a nvidia card and these are the ones I've got: lib32-nvidia-libgl, lib32-nvidia-utils, lib32-opencl-nvidia.

Also, yesterday we got a new patch with new command line parameter --noasync, which supposedly reverted the asynchronous loading changes back to pre 2.3.0. For me, it sort of works. When logging in, I get silky smooth FPS even in town. They stay like that for about 3-4 maps and then they gradually go down. It is almost like I'm slowly running out of resources or some are not released properly. A restart fixes the problem and I can go ham for another 3-4 maps. Also, for me Labyrinth is still busted. The boss room with all the mobs with fancy ghostflame (or whatever it is, looks like MTX) effects completely freezes my computer.
I will try to get some kind of hardware monitoring program which supports CPU/RAM/Video memory consumption (although I highly doubt it is RAM, still have 1.5G left after alt-tabbing) and can record data in graphs.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Jun 11, 2016, 5:15:30 AM
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
For me, it sort of works.

What's your setup?
Also, are you experiencing any fps drops when hp/mana values of yourself or mobs are modified (like shown in my vid posted on p.152)?
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
"
quirx wrote:
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

What's your setup?
Also, are you experiencing any fps drops when hp/mana values of yourself or mobs are modified (like shown in my vid posted on p.152)?

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.11-1
- 64-bit wineprefix with $export WINEDEBUG=-all
- Not using PlayOnLinux
- winetricks 20160425-1
- Arch Linux
- 4.5.6-1-ck x86_64 GNU/Linux
- AMD X4 760k @4.5Ghz
- Nvidia GTX 750 with 367.18-1 driver
- 6GB RAM

For me spamming skills in hideout doesn't proc the crazy stuttering, neither does blood rage. Doing both of those things lower my FPS from 60ish to around 30. The stuttering just happens after some time of mapping (3-4 maps). In your case you can log in, go straight to an area and as soon as you use an ability, you get the stuttering?

Also, I tried monitoring my hardware usage during the stuttering. CPU is at about 90ish %, RAM still has about 1G free (disabled swap just to be sure PoE is not using that), video memory usage is around 700 out of 1022MB and GPU utilization is jumping around from 80% to 100%.
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

This is just a shot in the dark, but I suppose that PoL installed PoE on a 32-bit wineprefix.
Also, yesterday we got a new patch with new command line parameter --noasync

I'm not really sure, but I did as the guide says and selected " 64 bits windows installation", so I suppose that means I'm on a 64 bit wine prefix? I just checked and I have both alsa-lib i686 and x64, but can't find the other two you mentioned. Also, how do I send command line parameters to PoL programs?
UPDATE: By going with the standart install of PoL for PoE, which does use a 32bit windows, I managed to see the login screen animations. Also, sound is working just fine during login and character select.
Last edited by joseca on Jun 11, 2016, 12:02:24 PM
"
joseca wrote:
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

This is just a shot in the dark, but I suppose that PoL installed PoE on a 32-bit wineprefix.
Also, yesterday we got a new patch with new command line parameter --noasync

I'm not really sure, but I did as the guide says and selected " 64 bits windows installation", so I suppose that means I'm on a 64 bit wine prefix? I just checked and I have both alsa-lib i686 and x64, but can't find the other two you mentioned. Also, how do I send command line parameters to PoL programs?
UPDATE: By going with the standart install of PoL for PoE, which does use a 32bit windows, I managed to see the login screen animations. Also, sound is working just fine during login and character select.

Not 100% sure, but I think you can do that by pasting the command in Configure->Arguments area.
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
"
quirx wrote:
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

Also, I tried monitoring my hardware usage during the stuttering. CPU is at about 90ish %, RAM still has about 1G free (disabled swap just to be sure PoE is not using that), video memory usage is around 700 out of 1022MB and GPU utilization is jumping around from 80% to 100%.

Aside from the vram usage, those figures seems quite high. What are you using to measure these? On my system I see CPU around 20/25% and GPU around 60% for GPU
"
Kellog wrote:
Aside from the vram usage, those figures seems quite high. What are you using to measure these? On my system I see CPU around 20/25% and GPU around 60% for GPU

For graphics card I'm using nvidia-settings, for CPU/RAM I'm using gnome-system-monitor / glances.
Got the same stuttering problem after 2.3 aswell. Average around 65 fps idle, drops to 30 fps when fighting large groups but managable. After playing for a while I get fps drops to 2-3 fps when using skills in fights, havent been able to link it to regen or anything else. Guess I need to do some more research.
Makes the labyrinth quite hard to beat and as a HC only player I'v given up on this league.
Last edited by sisten on Jun 12, 2016, 1:26:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info