[Official] WINE info thread

"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
OK guys so is there someone who dont have any problems? Who can play withouth fps drops on killing monsters or using for example blood rage?

I can mostly play, but I do also have serious FPS drops on certain big packs. The most serious one I've had so far caused the game to crash, but I'm currently in Cruel Act4 and this only happened twice thus far. https://i.imgur.com/uB1IZdY.jpg
I've got to say, this latest patch is pretty awkward. In my case, PoE runs fine - but I can and do randomly get those on map load errors (map/audio resource errors that end up in the game crashing); and the labyrinth areas, between each of them - it's not just one zone. Each time you enter a new "area" in the labyrinth it's a new map... so a new chance to get an error like that, and yet they're all treated like one instance (which is impossible to enter back into)... so... goes without saying: major issues.

Just spent near an hour in a labyrinth, on one next area load - client crash. Can't enter into it again.
This has been an error on Linux that I've been living with just fine until now. Now it's pretty crazy.

So... just as a forewarning: each area transition within the labyrinth is treated like a new map-load. I.e just loading the first instance fine, won't mean it'll stay fine.
Hello,

Here are my observations.

I drop from a stable 120~ fps to around 5-15 fps when the following occurs:

* When casting auras (or perhaps some spells)
* When regenerating hp/mana/es (guy who had problems when using bloodrage. Probably since you were regenerating hp all the you were experiencing the significant fps drop when using it)
* When monsters die
* When browsing the ingame passive skill tree

Last edited by Paws91 on Mar 6, 2016, 2:51:57 AM
Same here. I play on Lenovo B590 (P2020n, NV610), I was able to play at 60-120 FPS with all graphics to low, now I'm constantly freezing every 2 seconds, FPS drops to 0, not playable at all. Tried to reinstall the game completely, switch wine versions - no luck.
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
If you have frequent framedrops it might be the case that you are using a 64-Bit wineprefix.

I just tested it on a Sandy Bridge notebook with HD graphics. While it was unplayable on a 64-Bit wineprefix, the frames were a lot smoother on the 32-Bit prefix.

Steps needed for a fresh install on Arch Linux

pacman -S lib32-libldap lib32-mpg123 lib32-openal wine winetricks
get from AUR: lib32-libpng12 libpng12

WINEARCH=win32 winecfg

winetricks -q vcrun2015 riched20 usp10
winetricks -q directx9

download newest installer from website
wine PathOfExileInstaller.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Grinding\ Gear\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile

wine PathOfExile.exe
it might crash due to corrupt file, so copy a working Content.ggpk
wine PathOfExile.exe

the production config on the notebook

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=600
resolution_width=800
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=1
vsync=true

On my desktop I'm playing either with wine or with vfio/KVM PCI passthrough in a Windows virtual machine. The performance is similar. I also get framedrops near Perandus chests in the Windows virtual machine as well as in instances like Ebony Barracks, Imperial Gardens or Upper/Sceptre of God. My machine is a Intel i5-4460 + GTX 750 Ti which should be performant enough.
"
Paws91 wrote:
Hello,

Here are my observations.

I drop from a stable 120~ fps to around 5-15 fps when the following occurs:

* When casting auras (or perhaps some spells)
* When regenerating hp/mana/es (guy who had problems when using bloodrage. Probably since you were regenerating hp all the you were experiencing the significant fps drop when using it)
* When monsters die
* When browsing the ingame passive skill tree

I can confirm this is true for me too. However, it seems to be *any* form of regen - ES drops the FPS, as does mana regen (which probably accounts for the auras/spells point).
"
ix8 wrote:
If you have frequent framedrops it might be the case that you are using a 64-Bit wineprefix.

I just tested it on a Sandy Bridge notebook with HD graphics. While it was unplayable on a 64-Bit wineprefix, the frames were a lot smoother on the 32-Bit prefix.

Steps needed for a fresh install on Arch Linux

pacman -S lib32-libldap lib32-mpg123 lib32-openal wine winetricks
get from AUR: lib32-libpng12 libpng12

WINEARCH=win32 winecfg

winetricks -q vcrun2015 riched20 usp10
winetricks -q directx9

download newest installer from website
wine PathOfExileInstaller.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Grinding\ Gear\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile

wine PathOfExile.exe
it might crash due to corrupt file, so copy a working Content.ggpk
wine PathOfExile.exe

the production config on the notebook

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=600
resolution_width=800
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=1
vsync=true

On my desktop I'm playing either with wine or with vfio/KVM PCI passthrough in a Windows virtual machine. The performance is similar. I also get framedrops near Perandus chests in the Windows virtual machine as well as in instances like Ebony Barracks, Imperial Gardens or Upper/Sceptre of God. My machine is a Intel i5-4460 + GTX 750 Ti which should be performant enough.

I am experiencing the above mentioned issues while running a 32-bit wine instance. I am about to test with a 64-bit wine instance to see if the issue persists.

Update:
Yeah issue still exists.. hrrmph..
Last edited by Paws91 on Mar 6, 2016, 7:54:39 AM
"
ix8 wrote:

So I've just tried almost EVERYTHING.
Different Wine versions, x64 and x32 prefixes, most possible options combinations in "video" section. Result was quite similar:
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
Last edited by narical on Mar 6, 2016, 9:13:47 AM
I am having similar issues, also if I try to turn on vsync the games crashs. Anyone else has that?
"
Turmfalke_ wrote:
I am having similar issues, also if I try to turn on vsync the games crashs. Anyone else has that?

I experienced the vsync issue too and found out I could switch it on and off on the login screen (before logging in) without having the game crash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info