[Official] WINE info thread

As i wrote before the fps on those 2 wine versions in playonlinux is a little bit better, would be great if anyone else can test it.

1.9.2-staging-LOL3
1.9.2-staging-SC2_SetProcessDpiAwareness-stub

"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
As i wrote before the fps on those 2 wine versions in playonlinux is a little bit better, would be great if anyone else can test it.

1.9.2-staging-LOL3
1.9.2-staging-SC2_SetProcessDpiAwareness-stub

No improvement with either version - hitting mob packs with Incinerate is dropping my fps to 10 from 120.
Last edited by Gwmngilfen on Mar 4, 2016, 10:52:56 AM
Just thought I'd mention that sound is working fine on my setup per the wiki guide. I did have to go into the ingame options -> sound -> devices and find the right device, the 'software' one worked better than the 'hardware' entry for my device.
Same problems with spikes when I hit mobs with attack/spell.
I have gtx 970 and I can't play a game with diablo like graphics now))))))))))
Was hoping the final patch would resolve the issues, I'm still plummeting to <5 FPS during combat. Guess I'll have to wait a few days and hope enough people have issues that it gets looked into. :( Really sucks.
^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Mar 31, 2016, 4:49:14 PM
Hey guys,

First of, great to see a thread about the subject of WINE.

I am a n00b as i am new to mac. In any case i have installed PlayOnMac which actually has a client installer for path of exile. So far so good.

I am going to assume i will run into some issues based on what you have written in this forum. So i need to know if there is a complete video tutorial for n00bs on installing and setting up POE on mac?
Yes, same problem here with Linux Mint 17.3 and a mediocre AMD R7 370 gpu.
In the previous season patch it was acceptable to play PoE on Playonlinux, this patch not so much. With every Perdandus chest spawn my framerate goes below 5 fps :)
"
Patchumz wrote:
Anyone know why I'm getting low FPS? (1-20 usually)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Even with lowest graphics settings I max at like 25 FPS, though my GPU isn't getting pushed, I have plenty of RAM unused, and only at 50% total CPU usage throughout my entire system.

The Radeon HD 2600 Pro was one of the last video cards made for the AGP slot, and it wasn't even close to being the best on the market back then. You may want to consider getting a new rig instead of trying to squeeze that 8 year old rig.
OK guys so is there someone who dont have any problems? Who can play withouth fps drops on killing monsters or using for example blood rage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info