[Official] WINE info thread

"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
Show me all logs from installing vcrun15 not only last line.
And i already wrote some instructions for this problem few posts earlier.

Good catch I had installed the wrong version of libpng12.

Now its installing, Here is the log incase this happens to anyone else.

"
PlayOnLinux: /home/tom/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/PathifExile/drive_c > winetricks -q vcrun2015 riched20 usp10
------------------------------------------------------
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Executing w_do_call vcrun2015
Executing load_vcrun2015
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: atl140 msvcp140 msvcr140 vcomp140
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Executing wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\tom\\Temp\\{74d0e5db-b326-4dae-a6b2-445b9de1836e}\\", 00000000): stub
err:wincodecs:PngDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng12.so.0
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q' returned status 5. Aborting

I'll let you know about my FPS once it is installed and running. Thanks for pointing that out!
Last edited by Xiamen_ on Mar 2, 2016, 3:23:29 PM
"
Zethyri wrote:

My wine config-> ...

I also note that you have the vc*100 etc. installed so might want to try solely with the 2015 install, and nothing else.

I have the same wine config, still no dice. However when I try to install microsoft visual studio 2015 (cmd: winetricks vcrun2015) I get the following error:

Spoiler
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Executing w_do_call vcrun2015
Executing load_vcrun2015
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: atl140 msvcp140 msvcr140 vcomp140
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Executing wine vc_redist.x86.exe
fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\mazin\\Temp\\{74d0e5db-b326-4dae-a6b2-445b9de1836e}\\", 00000000): stub
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe' returned status 102. Aborting.

Then it says the installation has failed, so I think the installation may be the problem.

Does it matter that I'm using a 64 bit wine prefix? If so, should/how can I change that?
Last edited by CabooseDog on Mar 2, 2016, 3:30:59 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Hey Sovyn and other linux users,

I've got the game client running up until the login screen, but I'm running into issues after that. The login screen is black (no rain/poe logo, though the login button/information is there), there isn't any audio, any subsequent screens are black (like character selection, although I can see my characters but not the background), and it crashes whenever I try to zone into town, giving the following error message: http://i.imgur.com/9WNbTXT.jpg ("Unable to create Vertex shader. 003C73B94 Request audio format unsupported").

Sounds like a video driver problem. I've seen black screen and partial black screens when proprietary video driver is not installed correctly.
Guys, sounds like you all that are having problems are not running Ubuntu + Nvidia. Unfortunately every distro is just a little bit different. My guide is only tested on Ubuntu as it would be too much work to test all of the less popular disros. Sorry about that. Works a treat on Ubuntu though if you follow my guide exactly. *Might* work on some other distros, especially Debian derivatives. Remember that Ubuntu is free.....
I'm back up and running now. Couple of things tho

1) Blood Rage since the new patch still kills my FPS < 20

2) Flame Golem does the same as Blood Rage.

3) my sound doesn't work any more LoL I'll have done is reinstalled the game in a new container!

I guess the sound issue is to do with this from the pol debugger

Spoiler
"

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1029:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:606:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:7963:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

Fixed the sound, when i rebuilt pol i must have took out pulseaudio-alsa.

They must have changed more the last patch then they are letting on, from 60+ with golem and blood rage running to <20 with either active.

Edit, BR kills my FPS not DPS LOL

Edit2 first time I've ever got a crash in poe on wine.

Spoiler
wine: Unhandled exception 0xc0000417 in thread 9 at address 0x1171fb4 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Process of pid=0008 has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
0000001e 0
0000001d 0
00000014 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001c 0
00000019 0
00000018 0
00000013 0
0000001a plugplay.exe
00000020 0
0000001f 0
0000001b 0
00000021 explorer.exe
00000025 0
00000024 0
00000023 0
00000022 0
winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7ed2e94b

Last edited by Xiamen_ on Mar 2, 2016, 5:15:05 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Sounds like a video driver problem. I've seen black screen and partial black screens when proprietary video driver is not installed correctly.

Yeah it turned out not to be a problem with Wine or PoE (I did install that exactly according to the guide) but apparently something with DirectX9 not being up to date, so I updated that in PoL and everything works great(albeit with no sound, though I haven't tried it with sound either yet). Thanks a ton man!

I'm also back up and running, and I'm also haveing sound trouble.

Also, the compiler change is a huge thing, so many things will be potentially different. Toolchain updates are often unplesent, as we have all learnd good job to GGG for doing this now and letting us all get shit sorted out before the big ascencency launch, I really appreciate it.
Gentoo user, running into similar issues as above despite following guide. Specifically, vcrun2015 gives the libpng12.so.0 error.

I have libpng16 installed, and wine compiled against it fine. Do I need to downgrade that to libpng12; is there a hardcode somewhere in there? And if so, can I soft / hard link to the installed lib? riched20 & usp10 worked.

This may have been the best game to choose to start playing 3 days ago... suddenly learning far more about how to get emerge to work, and when I can override things.

Thank you!

(N.B. I'm not sure if I'm really in 64 bit wine. I had tried to move to 1.8, then returned to 1.6.2 where I had played previous to this release. I did resolve and add the multilib support for 32 & 64 bit, and creating 64-bit wine 1.9.4 in POL worked fine.)

Edit: Attempted that, now see: libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.49 but running with 1.6.19+apng
If only it would tell me what application as I've rebuilt all tools recently, and can't find any instance of libpng-1.2.49 hanging around that could be built against. I guess I do a rebuild world overnight and see if that changes anything.
Last edited by No_One_Here on Mar 2, 2016, 11:38:22 PM
Solved my sound issues on Fedora 23.

It turns out that the move to 64 bit wine made it for reasons I do not understand need the 32 bit version of alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.

A simple `sudo dnf install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.29-2.fc23.i686` fixed it.

To determine this, I used the 'debug' option in PlayOnLinux, and looked through the log for anything sound related.

There was an error about not being able to open '/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so'.

`dnf whatprovides /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so` said that 'alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.29-2.fc23.i686' provides this file (the 64 bit one is in the lib64 directory).

We'll see if I hit the performance issues others are experiencing.
Btw, anyone got workign offline poeskilltree on wine?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info