[Official] WINE info thread

"
Assassin2000 wrote:

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my late reply. I am using an AMD r7 240 (I know you say that AMD cards should be avoided for POE, but I have little choice to change that now). I have not updated/changed any drivers, as far as I know, and I am just using what came with Ubuntu 14.04.

I should probably also add that I copied the PoE files from a hard drive. Could the problem be from a missing production_config file?

I followed your guide about installing DirectX9 etc., and it appeared to be successful.

You mention 32 bit libraries, which could be the problem. How/ where would I install these?

Thanks you very much!

Sorry for the late reply I don't check this thread every day (PM me guys if you need help here and I'll check the thread.)

You need to install FGLRX (AMD proprietary driver) from System settings/software and updates/additional drivers (easy) OR a cutting-edge open-source driver like Gallium Nine (difficult).

PoE will make a new default production_config, won't worry about that. Just remember to go in and set it to fullscreen.
"
menemene wrote:
Hi ! i have eror when i try play " Unable to create Vertex shader. D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Invalid call " before when i play on windows 7 i dont have this problem ;/ i have installed vcrun2010 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20 usp10

- wrong video card driver

- wrong settings in production_config

couple things to check.

more info on wiki http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine
"
Sovyn wrote:

Wine devs did nothing, GGG inadvertently fixed this in Path of Exile version 1.3.1b as noted in my guide on the wiki. Pretty darn flawless on Wine right now, hopefully it won't break again in 1.4.

"
Overhauled the system used for text rendering. The new one is approximately five times faster and supports characters from some difficult-to-render languages.

Oh good, yeah it looks like that change is here to stay. GGG devs do a good job, I've got so many more FPS than I used to (nvidia devs do a good job too), and I see little things like the hearth in Lioneye's watch... the game looks better and more polished with each update.
Last edited by ionface on Mar 28, 2015, 5:54:03 PM
Hey guys... Since yesterday night im trying to get it working without any FPS drops but i wasnt lucky at all.

I tried every method but i cant get rid of this fps drops. My character walks a few screens and it just stucks for at least one second. May I ask which nvidia driver you guys would advice me to use?

Im running the 331 properity tested atm. I dont know if this makes a relation. My last try which im working on right now is to do it without play on linux and only with wine. Will report back :)

My system:

i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX770
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
Last edited by m_k4y on Mar 31, 2015, 8:32:16 AM
"
m_k4y wrote:
Hey guys... Since yesterday night im trying to get it working without any FPS drops but i wasnt lucky at all.

I tried every method but i cant get rid of this fps drops. My character walks a few screens and it just stucks for at least one second. May I ask which nvidia driver you guys would advice me to use?

Im running the 331 properity tested atm. I dont know if this makes a relation. My last try which im working on right now is to do it without play on linux and only with wine. Will report back :)

My system:

i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX770

I assume you have tried disabling GLSL? That fixes it on all the Ubuntu systems I've installed.

"
winetricks glsl=disable

On my own system I'm currently running Nvidia driver 340.65 but I don't think the version is that important.

Certain wine versions can be a problem too, you need to use the latest dev version or my custom version for PlayOnLinux. I'm sure you have read my guide, but just in case: link.
OK i have one thing to add, maybe it was wrote before but im to lazy to read 120 pages....
If You have a problem with "open a shell" button in playonlinux (nothing happens when You click it) You must install xterm in system.
Cheers
Last edited by HeniekHardkor on Apr 4, 2015, 4:29:42 PM
So, i have the following issue, i had it in my install of ubuntu 14.04 with updated kernel and i have it now on a fresh install of mint 17.1 with kernel 4.0 installed. I used the guide about gallium nine method, the fps are better and the whole experience is better, but i have a glitched environment (there are moments that my top left part ofthe screen glitches and in mint the difference is that i get other parts of the screen glitch as well. I have to note that in mint i followed the guide in oibaf repository first, it didn't happen, and when i followed the guide here and added the extra repos that weren't at that guide, the glitch started to happen. I have to ask: after updating the repos, which driver should i use? am i ok with the standard one?)

This is my glxinfo | grep OpenGL
Spoiler
$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.6.0-devel (git-8006ae6 2015-04-25 trusty-oibaf-ppa+gallium-nine)
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.6.0-devel (git-8006ae6 2015-04-25 trusty-oibaf-ppa+gallium-nine)
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 10.6.0-devel (git-8006ae6 2015-04-25 trusty-oibaf-ppa+gallium-nine)
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

as you can see, there are some errors there!

PS: Cinnamon crashes at random times as well, and asks me to restart it.
PS2: list of the ppas i have enabled
Spoiler

commendsarnex/mesadri3test (and sources)
commendsarnex/winedri3 (and sources)
oibaf/gallium-nine (and sources)
oibaf/graphics-drivers (and sources)
ubuntu-wine (and sources)

Default driver open source installed for Ati Radeon 7970 Tahiti
Last edited by h1k3n on Apr 25, 2015, 7:55:38 AM
Installed via PlayOnLinux, launcher successfully downloaded the game with no issues but when the game tries to launch I get:

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OpenAL32.dll": libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Running on Arch Linux with an i5 2500k + 16gb RAM + GTX 780

EDIT: Nevermind, the solution was to install lib32openal and lib32mpg123 packages from pacman
Last edited by lilypaad on Apr 27, 2015, 6:26:15 AM
Hello guys.
I have a problem with PoE on Linux (Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon).
My FPS ~50, but when I use any ability he drops to 1-3, so impossible to play.

Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

wine\etc config:
GLSL - disabled

IGN settings:
Spoiler
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=1
vsync=false

Libs in Wine:
Spoiler
d3d9
usp10
riched20
openal32
msvcr**

Video Driver info:
Spoiler
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 331.113
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.113
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: (none)

Also i tried to use --nosound, but it didnt help

Are there any ideas how to fix it?
Is anyone running the Beta in wine?
It doesn't get past the loading screen for me. (I can run the normal game just fine).

Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x0bbb6950 in 32-bit code (0x0067d35a).
Backtrace:
=>0 0x0067d35a in pathofexile (+0x27d35a) (0x00339154)
0x0067d35a: movl $0x0,0x0(%edi,%eax,4)

Using (32 bit) wine 1.7.26 with the surface patch
With more recent wine versions I get the blinking loading screen.

In the client log the last messages are:
2015/05/01 19:43:18 3695526 ee [INFO Client 55] Changing to OpenAL device "Generic Hardware on Out: default"
2015/05/01 19:43:18 3695938 11b [WARN Client 55] Failed to create audio context with at least 16 sources
Last edited by CookieTough2 on May 1, 2015, 7:57:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info