FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

Hey guys!

Detailed stats of build: http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/foxtactics-righteous-arcer/
Without aura's running ofc

VIDEOS:---------

DOWNED UBER with 4376 hp: 2014\05\20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQ1QQuFS7w
Proof of kill, 12min

In action
http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics
Please stop by if you got questions!

-----------------

I've evolved my Dual scepters arc build into RF arcer.
This was because i could do atziri more easily "End Game" than my previous build.
This is the second phase of my build when evolving into late game.

My Basic dual wield arc build : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879637

This thread contains "will contain ^^" 2 versions. One with an extra arc totem inside the chest for faster map clearing, and one with flame surge in the chest for single target dps. "When your dps is high enough that you dont need the totem"

Biggest differences from this build and my previous one is that i've dropped one scepter for Rise of the phoenix shield, and using Lightning Coil instead of Cloak of Defiance.
And i can face tank most of what the game throws at you.

This build also includes a late game variation called "Righteous Surgeon", Which is basicly Flame surge to synergies with righteous fire for more dmg. This really boosts the biggest flaw of arc "Single target dmg"

Only attempt this build after my dual wield scepter build if you can run lvl23 purity of fire!, its an endgame build for a reason, or if you got enough lvl to reach alot of reg nodes, then it will work with lvl20 purity aswell, The unique ring called voideye is also a ghetto solution to this.

NOTE: Dont expect to early lvl with this, when you've reached the top point of my previous build, you evolve into this one. So please, go read my old build before asking questions about "progression" or what bandits i took, its still the same char =).
THE TRANSITION TO RIGHTEOUS ARCER BUILD FROM MY PREVIOUS BUILD SHOULDNT BE ATTEMPTED BEFORE LVL82+ DUE TO PASSIVES NEEDED.

With that cleared up, lets get going shall we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index:

1, Why should i do this build?
2, Stats
3, Passives < the 96% max fire res is covered here.
4, Items - Gemlist
5, Flasks
6, Tactics
7, Q&A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1, WHY SHOULD I DO THIS BUILD?

Spoiler
This build is far superior than my older build in alot of ways.
Let's go over some Pros and Cons from my previous build?

Pros:
+ Tanky like.. you wouldn't believe.
+ Can do most of the hard map mods, except Bloodmagic \ No reg \ -% max res
+ The insanly high fire resistance makes you basicly immune to fire dmg combined with Arctic armour, I facetank atziri's flameblasts like its nothing.
+ Still not as expensive as other build, yes im talking about the Kaom's heart and shavs :D, since it can be run with Voideye ring.
+ Bosses melt faster due to CQC from RF and the higher intial impact of Min-Max dmg vs Castspeed, so you can actually shock bosses.

Cons:
- A bit more expensive than my previous build, but yet again this is the ENDGAME version.
- Higher requirements in gem lvl to actually make it work
- Bit slower castspeed, but i still warp fast enough to not needing MS boots.
- You need a high lvled empower purity of fire to get the 95% res or an item with +1 skills or +2 fire and a PoF thats lvl21 - NO NEED TO SNAPSHOT WHEN IM DONE!
- I dont know if this is a Con. Same as other Rf builds, with vuln map mods and -% max res. BUT!, i have a spare scepter in my offhand, so when i do these maps i just move my scepter to my shield instead. Takes less than 1 second, no joke, so i can do the same mods as before. And still get great dps.

2, STATS

Lvl:
Hp :
Life reg :
Degen from RF :
TOOLTIP Damage :
TOOLTIP Totem Damage :
Total Mana :
Auras : Purity of Fire - Purity of lightning - Clarity - Vitality - Haste
Buffs : Righteous Fire - Arctic armour

Defense Tab

Offense Tab on selfcast arc

Artic Armour

3, PASSIVES
Spoiler

Ok, where do i start with the changes i've done to my passive tree.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQLYQx9DlwQdBB_EZYV5xbzFy8ZhRmKGmwajxzcHaoelCMYJDwkqiSwJjwmlScvJ6ko-iycLUcvby-dMYg1kjbpPI5Bh0TnRX5GcUlRSbJQQlVLVcZV1lcrV8labV8_ZOdtGW-ecLtzU3OzeA15A3loeqp_xoCkghCCHoLHgwmFbYjxjDaPRpMnmuCbtZ2uoqOkrKcIp1yoGKlurD-0DLXytz64k7yfwFTBBMHzwzrGnspKz2XQ0NVP2RPa3dsL3Ffed9-w4YjjauOf6rrr7u8O8GvyL_Pd9tr56PrS-wn-Cg==

I've removed the entire section of the templar tree, from my Dual scepter build and used those nodes to get into the marauder tree for the lifereg and Max res to sustain a nice righteous fire buff.

I'm also still using Inner Force to get extra MORE spelldmg out of my Righteous fire.
so thats. 60% x 1.24 = 81% MORE Spelldmg + 27% * 1.24 = 33% Increased Spelldmg... lovely.
- Dont i burn to death by using inner force?
No, it also buffs my purity of fire by 1% max res aswell so it kinda evens out.
Enough % multipliers in the tree to get 8% Max fire resistance out from a lvl 23 purity of fire

96% Max Fire Resistance = 75% from base cap + 4% from the passive tree + 8% from rise of the phoenix shield + 9% purity of fire

NOTE: Using a Voideye "Unique Ring" will help with the purity of fire reaching lvl23.

Note: Creds to "Sim" for making me realise a better route =)

4a, ITEMS - GEMLIST

Spoiler
Helm: Main Spell * Colors : BBBR
Arc 21\20Q + Fastercast 21\20Q + Lightning penetration 20\23Q + Empower lvl4

Armour: 6L - Flame Surge \ Righteous Fire * Colors : BBBRRG
Righteous Fire 21\20Q + Empower 3\20Q + Enhance 3\20Q +
Flame Surge 21\20Q + Fire Penetration 20\20Q + Concentrated Effect 2\23Q

Belt

Gloves: Auras * Colors : RRBG
Haste 17\0Q + Reduced Mana 20\0Q + Clarity 20\0Q + Vitality 20\0Q

Boots: Auras * Colors : BRRR
Reduced Mana 21\0Q + Empower 3\20Q + Purity of lightning 21\0Q + Purity of fire 21\0Q

Scepter: Utility * Colors : RGB
Arctic Armour 20\20 + Empower lvl 3 + Elemental Weakness 20\20Q

Shield: Utility * Colors RGB
Lightning Warp 21\20Q + FasterCast 20\20Q + Reduced Duration 21\20Q

Rings

Amulet

4b, Item Explanation

Spoiler
*** Helm ***

A lvl95 char using Geofri's crest?

Geofri's crest single handedly blew any 6L chest away when i combined with Empower
Arc + Fastercast + LightningPen + Empower
Were talking a couple of extra thousand more dps while still maintaining a low mana cost over any 5l-6l.

Got the money? Get The Vertex, the crazy amount of ES and the 50% less mana cost is just way better than the resistance it supplies, you will be maxed out with the right equipment anyway.

*** Weapons ***

Any Scepter with High amounts of spelldmg+lightdmg + castspeed, should do the trick.
Doryani's Catalyst works just fine aswell if you got the cash

*** Armour ***

I'm using lightning coil in this build Due to 2 cruical reasons and hitting 2 birds with one stone.

1, I have constant 87% Lightning resistances from passives and Purity of lightning,
this reduces huge amounts of physical dmg, which was the main problem in my previous build. High spikes of phys dmg, now i can just hug 8 of those exploding chickens with barely a scratch if i pop a topaz flask.

Note: im also completely immune to Reflect when using topaz, I have the flask buffs passives in the witch tree which gives 30% effect. So Topaz + my res = 100% lightning resistance.
So what happends when i pop topaz with physical dmg?, Well 100% lightning resistance means that all that phys dmg the coil sends over becomes... 0. So only 60% of the initial physical dmg remains, and that passes through my Armour rating and gets reduced even further, then the remaining phys dmg goes through my Arctic Armour. So there there is barely any phys dmg left. TANKY!

*** Belt ***

Same belt as previous build aswell. Still works perfect.

My only source of life leech comes through here, i have a few extra regen nodes on top of it just incase.

*** Rings and amulet ***

What you need is the right combination of Castspeed\Life\Resistance\Manareg
To even everything out.

*** Boots ***

New ES Based tri res boots with extra life and MS!

Yummy.

*** Gloves ***

Got all the stats i need to even things out.

DEX \ COLD RES \ LIGHTNING RES

Gonna roll back the hybrid ES for LIFE

*** Shield ***

Here we go. Something new.

Rise of the phoenix is the way to go for this build. Righteous Fire would burn your nuts off otherwise :D.

5, FLASKS

Spoiler

Since im running Righteous fire, Ruby flasks basicly gives you over 100% fire res, and turns ALL your reg into degen instead of it countering rf.

Topaz flasks for extra phys\lightning reduction due to Lightning coil, and dealing with full reflect maps..

6, TACTICS

Spoiler
Arc is a auto target spell, so it doesnt matter if you're aiming.

Use lightnig warp to get around with lightning speed and keep shooting arc and cast that elemental weakness when needed

Pop atziri flask and use flame surge for SICK dmg boost, you might wanna time it so you can use it on the boss aswell. It just... melts bosses.

Need Extra armour or dealing with reflect? No prob, pop a topaz for 100% lightning res so you can tank anything.

Simple huh?

7, Q&A "Questions and Answers"

Q: Reflect?
A: No issue, you are using 3 topaz flask so go nuts vs those reflect b-stards.

*Work in progress*

Last edited by FoxTactics on Aug 14, 2014, 6:46:46 AM
Cool build.

Can't wait to see the gears/links !

Also you look like captain jack sparrow haha
"
kenmai9 wrote:
Cool build.

Can't wait to see the gears/links !

Also you look like captain jack sparrow haha

lol =)
Hi Jack Sparrow, great to see you evolving your already amazing build into an even better one! I'm currently leveling my gems to 20% quality (and empower to lvl2) before trying out your build. Maybe a noobish question, but why do you prefer a lvl 20 CwDT gem over a lvl1? I see almost all other builds prefer to keep it at lvl1 to proc it more often (since leveling IC does not increase the duration by enough to justify the increased damage cost).
Lol... feels like im gonna write this for an eternity, you can prob just keep updating the page and something new should pop up =P
Think i got the basics of my build out there... ALot of stuff needs finishing, but yall get the point =)
Now go make old school low life RF work. jk it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Nice improvement on your old build!
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Apr 21, 2014, 9:39:51 PM
great build, but the screenshot image is really small
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
"
bodohspam wrote:
great build, but the screenshot image is really small

lol what? its huge :D
"